Eagles trade Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals for CB Tay Gowan and a 2022 5th round pick

xBMTx

1 hour ago, vaeagle2 said:

can't wait for jackson to get back on the field

That's actually something I am looking forward to. 

25 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Eh probably. It's personal to me though. One of my all time favs

Watching his press conference he doesn't seem like he wanted out. 

What lead you to believe that? Serious question, I'm not watching it. 

31 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

Ertz got an incredibly raw deal.  This is the kind of culture player they've got to keep.  Lousier treatment than Shady, I tried to stay loose on Howie but now I hate his guts.

ertz went to a winner who needed a te , whats such a raw deal?

crying.gif

• Thanks 1

His numbers the last two years are well below how Goedert has been performing. This isn’t 2015 anymore. He was solidified as the most expensive backup TE in the NFL, and he would have walked in 11 games anyway. What we got wasn’t a lot, but hopefully the CB will save us spending a 5th/6th on a CB next draft, so it’s something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickospia said:

Watch what he does with Tyler Murray  with the Cards.

Catches and drops some 5 yard passes and go down apon first touch?

I'm grateful for the plays he made in the past, especially the Super Bowl run but at this point in his career his production can be easily replaced.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kz! said:

What lead you to believe that? Serious question, I'm not watching it. 

He was completely choking up on the verge of crying 

Traded him to a contender.  Ertz didn’t want to be here anymore so a win-win.  

Thank you for the memories and for being among the best TE’s in the NFL for most of your tenure here!  Best of luck to you in Arizona! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kz! said:

He's wanted a new contract for multiple seasons at a price we aren't willing to pay. He held out of minicamp with the hope of being traded or released:

His contract is up after this season and neither he nor the Eagles were going to attempt to renegotiate at any point. He may have "bought in" enough to play and not voice his displeasure in remaining on the team, but he absolutely wanted out. There's no question. 

I think Zach wanted out in the sense he wanted another contract and stability. . I don't think he wanted out in the sense that he hated here and nothing they could do to keep him here. I think he genuinely loved it here but, wanted to move on if there was no deal to be made. 

That's what I meant by not wanting out anyways. Who knows what the others think lol. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think Zach wanted out in the sense he wanted another contract and stability. . I don't think he wanted out in the sense that he hated here and nothing they could do to keep him here. I think he genuinely loved it here but, wanted to move on if there was no deal to be made. 

That's what I meant by not wanting out anyways. Who knows what the others think lol. 

He wanted to be payed at least top3 TE money on a multiyear "last big” contract deal with plenty guarantees.

Ertz was great for us and on a personal level I would have loved to keep him but in what world could that possibly have been a good deal for us?

That we have Goedert, who is not only younger but outperformed Ertz made this even more inevitable than it already was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

He wanted to be payed at least top3 TE money on a multiyear "last big” contract deal with plenty guarantees.

Ertz was great for us and on a personal level I would have loved to keep him but in what world could that possibly have been a good deal for us?

That we have Goedert, who is not only younger but outperformed Ertz made this even more inevitable than it already was.

Oh I love him too and like I said I'm a fan boy of his but I know that contract couldn't happen

• Like 1

Sad to see him go. Appreciate all he did for this franchise and what a stand up guy he has been through it all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kz! said:

He's wanted a new contract for multiple seasons at a price we aren't willing to pay. He held out of minicamp with the hope of being traded or released:

His contract is up after this season and neither he nor the Eagles were going to attempt to renegotiate at any point. He may have "bought in" enough to play and not voice his displeasure in remaining on the team, but he absolutely wanted out. There's no question. 

he said many times he loved being an Eagle and hoped to finish his career in Philly.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ertz gets to go play for a contender so good for him. Howie got something though not much back. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Gowan is cut in a few weeks but we shall see. 

and maybe that was why they did it...for Ertz more so for the team (and a salary dump of course)

3 hours ago, Sturm said:

5th and a practice squad player... Howie's few last FU to the fanbase.

For a backup TE with 11 games left on his contract who they were definitely not resigning.  Read a book.

3 hours ago, rickospia said:

A 5th round pick & a third string CB is a JOKE they could have gotten better Howie is a Joke of a GM tell I am wrong .

:roll:

3 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

So for a three time Pro bowler we get a STs CB and a day three pick. Sounds about Howie. Moron. At least Ertz gets to compete now though 

You get a rookie CB with an interesting skill set that we don't possess (wingspan, height and speed) that I personally really liked coming out of UCF and a 5th rounder.  Why do people think you were getting a day 2 pick for a guy who hasn't been good since SBLII?

Wow just keep drinking the Kool-A-Aid ! FA or not they got NOTHING !

Not sure if you got your GED or not, but they received a CB prospect and a 5th round pick in the 2022 NFL draft.

Wait until he hooks up with Tyler Murray & he will resign with Cards !

I loved Tyler in college at Uklahoma.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

You get a rookie CB with an interesting skill set that we don't possess (wingspan, height and speed) that I personally really liked coming out of UCF and a 5th rounder.  Why do people think you were getting a day 2 pick for a guy who hasn't been good since SBLII?

Not strictly Xs and Os for me. It's personal. One of my all time favorites. Watching him basically scrapped for crumbs and spare parts leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That's all. Logically you probably right. But my feelers are involved. 

28 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

For a backup TE with 11 games left on his contract who they were definitely not resigning.  Read a book.

:roll:

Not sure if you got your GED or not, but they received a CB prospect and a 5th round pick in the 2022 NFL draft.

I loved Tyler in college at Uklahoma.

People in general are really Fing dumb these days. This entire thread is a prime example.

• Like 1

Howie couldn't get decent compensation in the offseason, held onto him, got a team with their TE out for the year and looking for a weapon to help their championship aspirations...

...and settled for a 6th round rookie who hasn't been active on game day all season and a 5th.

I understand he would be a free agent so getting something is better than nothing, but I really wonder if Howie got better offers in the offseason.

Ertz is much better off. Winning team, sunshine, the fans will appreciate him.

4 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

Can that dude play Linebacker? I don't see the point of brining in another CB when the top 3 are playing pretty well. Also, how bad is that McPhearson kid that he can't get on the field in a dime situation and they'd rather have a LBer cover one of the fastest WRs in the league.

That’s called a sheety DC

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Not strictly Xs and Os for me. It's personal. One of my all time favorites. Watching him basically scrapped for crumbs and spare parts leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That's all. Logically you probably right. But my feelers are involved. 

I get it.  That's how I felt with Dawk, Shady, DeSean...but Ertz unfortunately IS spare parts now.  Goedert and Tyree are the future here.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Ertz is much better off. Winning team, sunshine, the fans will appreciate him.

Eh, I don't think the Cardinals have a Philly-like fanbase in Arizona.

Wait until he hooks up with Tyler Murray & he will resign with Cards !

It’s Fing Kyler moron

• Like 1
  • Haha 1