Eagles trade Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals for CB Tay Gowan and a 2022 5th round pick

xBMTx

4 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

If the Eagles were 4-2 and looked like a competent team that could make the playoffs, then I would want to keep Ertz as well, but that just is not the case. Might as well get something now for him then lose him in the offseason and get nothing at all.

Even then it’s prolly better to go all-in on Goedert.

Dang was hoping Ertz finished out his career here but it is a business. Might as well trade Sanders next. We dont use him and he has value.

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

Even then it’s prolly better to go all-in on Goedert.

Probably. This is right time anyway with Tyree Jackson coming back soon. 

Would've loved to see him end like Celek, as an Eagle for the entire career, but sometimes you need to do a business move and I think this one is a right one.

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Happy for Ertz, I didn't expect much more then this. The people that hated him and said he sucks and he  should be traded will now say he should of gotten more then a 5th

Scroll back about one page and you will definitely see that...

• Like 1

The Eagles are smart. They know there's no hope for this season so they'll make smart trades for next season. The Giants will keep "going for it" with a 1-7 record. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Probably. This is right time anyway with Tyree Jackson coming back soon. 

Forgot about him!  This move stings, but that definitely helps a little.

35 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Sort of disrespectful to trade an all time eagle for spare parts. Used spare parts at that. 

I love Zach Ertz I'm probably his biggest fan boy on this board but they traded him to a much much better situation. There was no disrespect there.

• Like 3

Ertz got an incredibly raw deal.  This is the kind of culture player they've got to keep.  Lousier treatment than Shady, I tried to stay loose on Howie but now I hate his guts.

The only thing bad about this trade is that it didn't happen two seasons ago when Ertz still had value. 

That said, I do appreciate the way Ertz was able to put aside his beef with the organization and play hard this year. 

2 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

Ertz got an incredibly raw deal.  This is the kind of culture player they've got to keep.  Lousier treatment than Shady, I tried to stay loose on Howie but now I hate his guts.

Uh, Ertz has wanted out for at least two years now and we traded him to the only undefeated team in the league who has a stud QB to get him the ball. We treated him great. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I love Zach Ertz I'm probably his biggest fan boy on this board but they traded him to a much much better situation. There was no disrespect there.

Eh probably. It's personal to me though. One of my all time favs

Just now, Kz! said:

Uh, Ertz has wanted out for at least two years now and we traded him to the only undefeated team in the league who has a stud QB to get him the ball. We treated him great. 

Watching his press conference he doesn't seem like he wanted out. 

1 minute ago, Kz! said:

he didn't want out, i guess you don't pay attention.  Uh...

1 hour ago, rickospia said:

A 5th round pick & a third string CB is a JOKE they could have gotten better Howie is a Joke of a GM tell I am wrong .

Who offered more?

Good luck Zach, thanks for the memories and for the championship!

This is a win-win. 

Win for Zach: he gets to go to a contender and be part of a dynamic offense.

Win for the Eagles: we get some compensation for a guy that would have been a free agent at the end of this year, and likely will go somewhere to get more $$.

We might have gotten more, but we're sending him to a team that's undefeated and has a chance of doing some great things.  This is doing the right thing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Eh probably. It's personal to me though. One of my all time favs

Watching his press conference he doesn't seem like he wanted out. 

Yeah I don't think he ever wanted out that's for sure. Howie shouldn't of been messing with him at the beginning of last year. They should of moved him then or gave him a new contract. Not use leverage against him and just make him deal with it especially after he played with broken ribs and a lacerated kidney at the end of 2019 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

he didn't want out, i guess you don't pay attention.  Uh...

He's wanted a new contract for multiple seasons at a price we aren't willing to pay. He held out of minicamp with the hope of being traded or released:

His contract is up after this season and neither he nor the Eagles were going to attempt to renegotiate at any point. He may have "bought in" enough to play and not voice his displeasure in remaining on the team, but he absolutely wanted out. There's no question. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

Yeah, gets to potentially win a 2nd ring.  Sure sucks to be him.

It sucks, but I get it — wishing Ertz nothing but the best in Arizona.

Thanks for the memories, Zach!

• Like 1