Eagles trade Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals for CB Tay Gowan and a 2022 5th round pick

xBMTx

1 minute ago, Lman said:

My guess is that fletcher gets traded in the next week.

Howie will trade him for a backup Long Snapper. 

• Like 1

Just now, rickospia said:

Wow just keep drinking the Kool-A-Aid ! FA or not they got NOTHING !

A 5th and depth player is better than losing him at the end of the year for nothing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

It’s a fact. They shopped him all offseason. If they could have gotten a better deal they’d have taken it. 

Again, why would a team give up anything substantial for a 31-year old tight end who could walk at the end of the season?

Wait until he hooks up with Tyler Murray & he will resign with Cards !

Sort of disrespectful to trade an all time eagle for spare parts. Used spare parts at that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Sort of disrespectful to trade an all time eagle for spare parts. Used spare parts at that. 

How is it disrespectful to send him from a bottom 5 team to a top 5 team who could actually be contenders? Seems like they did him a huge favor. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rickospia said:

So what? Nobody here said he sucks.

But the whole reason he was here up to this point was that Roseman wanted more return so obviously this was as good as it gets.

• Like 1

The NFL is a business first and foremost.  I don't see why that's so hard for people to understand.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rickospia said:

Who the hell is Tyler Murray? 

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, rickospia said:

Wow just keep drinking the Kool-A-Aid ! FA or not they got NOTHING !

ertz 4 catches 29 yards against the worst pass defense with backup db's , what were the eagles going to get better ? plus eagles in cap trouble needing youth and picks to rebuild with a younger option at te that needs a new deal.

2 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

ertz 4 catches 29 yards against the worst pass defense with backup db's , what were the eagles going to get better ? plus eagles in cap trouble needing youth and picks to rebuild with a younger option at te that needs a new deal.

Hopefully they now commit to Goedert both this year and with a new contract. And we get to see what Tyree Jackson and Noah Togiai have got. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

He's more valuable than a special teams CB and a day three pick. 

He likeli is but players are routinely undervalued by the league once they are in the league. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hopefully they now commit to Goedert both this year and with a new contract. And we get to see what Tyree Jackson and Noah Togiai have got. 

can't wait for jackson to get back on the field

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Just because you can trade Ertz for more in Madden, does not mean that you can IRL.

laugh.gif

Yes I realize NFL is a business blah blah. It's not for me.  I don't like that one of my all time favorite eagles was traded for a nobody special teamer and a day three pick. Doesn't feel right. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Shouldn’t Tyree Jackson be back soon?

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

Who the hell is Tyler Murray? 

I think he's friends with Asante Samuels and Mack Collins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Yes I realize NFL is a business blah blah. It's not for me.  I don't like that one of my all time favorite eagles was traded for a nobody special teamer and a day three pick. Doesn't feel right. 

So you’d rather he walk away at the end of the season and get nothing in return? Makes sense. 

Just now, PhillyPhreak24 said:

I think he's friends with Asante Samuels and Mack Collins.

Ah. They should have tried letting Jaden Hurts play QB last night, maybe he’d have done better with Ertz. 

• Haha 1

If the Eagles were 4-2 and looked like a competent team that could make the playoffs, then I would want to keep Ertz as well, but that just is not the case. Might as well get something now for him then lose him in the offseason and get nothing at all.

• Like 1

Happy for Ertz, I didn't expect much more then this. The people that hated him and said he sucks and he  should be traded will now say he should of gotten more then a 5th

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, nipples said:

So you’d rather he walk away at the end of the season and get nothing in return? Makes sense.

We pretty much got nothing in return. So yeah couple more months to see him play? Sure. It's m my feeling on the subject. I'm not asking for your approval btw.