Eagles trade Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals for CB Tay Gowan and a 2022 5th round pick

xBMTx

I wouldn't mind retiring in Arizona. Good luck Mr. Ertz. Hopefully you can get another ring because damnnit I don't want Dallas sniffing the possibility with their weak as schedule.

• Like 1

Pretty much all night and morning this team was getting killed in the media and now all people are talking about is the trade. Was this a deflection move? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think Zach wanted out in the sense he wanted another contract and stability. . I don't think he wanted out in the sense that he hated here and nothing they could do to keep him here. I think he genuinely loved it here but, wanted to move on if there was no deal to be made. 

That's what I meant by not wanting out anyways. Who knows what the others think lol. 

Yep.  That's what I meant as well when I said win-win situation.  The Eagles are (obviously) in a rebuild mode and it didn't make sense for the team to sign him to a multi-year contract for his current market value (likely 10-12 mil per year), especially since Goedert will likely get close to that and Goedert will (likely) still be in his prime when the Eagles start competing again.

And if you're Ertz, do you really want to spend the last 2-3 years of your (prime) career splitting targets with Goedert, on a team that's rebuilding? Of course not...no matter how much you like the team and living here, etc.  So Ertz goes to a "win now" team that likely will pay him his worth and the Eagles can focus on rebuilding and signing Goedert, with no distractions.  Win-Win.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Pretty much all night and morning this team was getting killed in the media and now all people are talking about is the trade. Was this a deflection move? 

It was planned. Ertz & the media team had time to make a goodbye video, media said Ertz looked sad last night because he knew this was happening. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Glazer said before last night's game that one of Ertz of Goedert would be traded this weekend, so no.

Just now, NOTW said:

It was planned. Ertz & the media team had time to make a goodbye video, media said Ertz looked sad last night because he knew this was happening. 

Just now, T-1000 said:

Glazer said before last night's game that one of Ertz of Goedert would be traded this weekend, so no.

Oh okay. Maybe they were preplanning. 😂 Seemed pretty risky to play the guy last night if they were going to trade him though. 

• Like 1

At long last, it happens.  Ertz will be remembered for all he did here.  Most of all, the winning TD in SB.

After the last game last season, 3 players in street cloths gathered on the field to talk.  All were long-term vets of the team.  No idea what they talked about.  But 2 of them are not with the team now: Wentz and Ertz.  The sole remaining one, Kelce.  Will he retire or be traded after this season?

Q: Will Kelce keep his hair color (a bet he lost to Ertz) from this point onward? 

4 hours ago, rickospia said:

Watch what he does with Tyler Murray  with the Cards.

4 hours ago, rickospia said:

Wait until he hooks up with Tyler Murray & he will resign with Cards !

4 hours ago, nipples said:

Who the hell is Tyler Murray? 

3 hours ago, rickospia said:

Kyler !

3 hours ago, rickospia said:

Bro its Kyler Murray !!!!

No no it's 

D5E8x-7WsAAuMwK.jpg_large.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

Either way, Ertz isn't the future here so getting anything for him and clearing cap space that can hopefully be used to extend Goedert is a plus.  

Just look for a TE in the draft, Goedert ain't all that.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think it’s because last night pretty much put the season to bed… have a feeling this is just the first of several moves to shed older players. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hopefully they now commit to Goedert both this year and with a new contract. And we get to see what Tyree Jackson and Noah Togiai have got. 

Looking forward to seeing Tyree Jackson, potential SuperWeapon.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Tyree Jackson, whether Goedert is great or not.

Tyree and Mailata are SuperWeapons.

40 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

May be true. But unlike you, he’s at least some of that as opposed to none of that. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

May be true. But unlike you, he’s at least some of that as opposed to none of that. 

Dude, we have super weapons Tyree Jackson and Jordan Mailata

I’m not sure what Howie’s draft history in the 5th round looks like but I can almost guarantee that it sucks. 

12 minutes ago, nipples said:

I think it’s because last night pretty much put the season to bed… have a feeling this is just the first of several moves to shed older players. 

Not really.

The Eagles have an easy schedule, and they have already played their 2 hardest games,  Chiefs and Bucs.   Tough games left on the schedule - Chargers,  Cowboys again.

Not so tough games - 

Jets
Lions
Giants x2
Washington x2
Raiders
Broncos
Saints

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

WTF is a Super Weapon anyway??

You haven't seen that clowns ideas.  Mailata in the back field, at TE, running WR screens.  He would be impossible to bring down and get 10 yards every time he touched the ball.

21 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Tyree Jackson, whether Goedert is great or not.

Tyree and Mailata are SuperWeapons.

200 (1).gif