Eagles trade Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals for CB Tay Gowan and a 2022 5th round pick

xBMTx

Best of luck to Zach and his family. Thank you for all you did here. The compensation isn't much, but clearing some cap space is good going forward.

16 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Terrible move, surely could have got more than that?

this team 😂

Obviously they couldn’t get more than that. Not sure why anyone thought he had much value. About to turn 31, last year of his deal (and has already turned down good money looking for more). 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rickospia said:

This is a bad trade we are getting nothing in return .

Why is it a bad trade? He was gone after this season and the team is going nowhere this year. Getting any return is a positive. 

• Like 4

Just now, nipples said:

Why is it a bad trade? He was gone after this season and the team is going nowhere this year. Getting any return is a positive. 

A 5th round pick & a third string CB is a JOKE they could have gotten better Howie is a Joke of a GM tell I am wrong .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Ertz was not going to get more than a 5th.  

But, but.. we just got more than a fifth! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Terrible move, surely could have got more than that?

this team 😂

really , from who?

A 5th round pick & a third string CB is a JOKE they could have gotten better Howie is a Joke of a GM tell I am wrong .

LOL what makes you say that?  What has Ertz shown you over the past two seasons to indicate more value?  Anyone remember when Anquan Boldin was traded in his prime for two 4th round picks?  This was a good deal for both sides.  

• Like 2

If they could have gotten better, he’d have been gone in the offseason. You’re putting way more value on Ertz than what he actually holds. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rickospia said:

ho one was offering more , that's why you see this return

My favorite all-time Eagle TE.

At least we got to see him catch one last TD in Eagle green last night before our clown of a GM sent him packing.

• Like 1

So for a three time Pro bowler we get a STs CB and a day three pick. Sounds about Howie. Moron. At least Ertz gets to compete now though 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

LOL what makes you say that?  What has Ertz shown you over the past two seasons to indicate more value?  Anyone remember when Anquan Boldin was traded in his prime for two 4th round picks?  This was a good deal for both sides.  

Watch what he does with Tyler Murray  with the Cards.

Just now, Uscg-green said:

So for a three time Pro bowler we get a STs CB and a day three pick. Sounds about Howie. 

What exactly do you think a 31-year old tight end in the last year of his contract is worth? Why would any team give more than that for what could very well be a half season rental?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

If they could have gotten better, he’d have been gone in the offseason. You’re putting way more value on Ertz than what he actually holds. 

He's more valuable than a special teams CB and a day three pick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

Bull .

6 minutes ago, rickospia said:

You're wrong. No one was giving more for a declining, 30+ year old TE with only 1 year left on his contract.

Gowan is an intriguing prospect + a 5th? More than I thought we'd get.

• Like 3

He's more valuable than a special teams CB and a day three pick. 

No he really isn’t. 3 years ago? Absolutely. Not so much anymore. 

• Like 1

So for a three time Pro bowler we get a STs CB and a day three pick. Sounds about Howie. 

As if he didn’t try his best to get more, even when everybody said we should just release him.. 😄

• Like 1

Oh yippee I'm so excited for our Cardinals leftovers CB that will only play on special teams. 

Just now, rickospia said:

Bull .

It’s a fact. They shopped him all offseason. If they could have gotten a better deal they’d have taken it. 

Again, why would a team give up anything substantial for a 31-year old tight end who could walk at the end of the season?

Just now, vikas83 said:

You're wrong. No one was giving more for a declining, 30+ year old TE with only 1 year left on his contract.

Gowan is an intriguing prospect + a 5th? More than I thought we'd get.

Wow just keep drinking the Kool-A-Aid ! FA or not they got NOTHING !

• Haha 1

Just now, Lman said:

My guess is that fletcher gets traded in the next week.

I doubt it with his contract.  Honestly if we can obtain a mid-round pick for him I'd be in on it.