Eagles trade Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals for CB Tay Gowan and a 2022 5th round pick

xBMTx

2 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

Right, and over the years, on other message boards,  I've said things like -  Taysom Hill has the high sparq to play many positions,  and that Logan Thomas should play TE, and that Terrelle Pryor can do WR.

I'm just good at that,  identifying position versatile SuperWeapons.

1 hour ago, Random Reglar said:

I joined here when I heard that the Eagles picked up Tyree Jackson and Khalil Tate back in January.

I find much of the NFL dull and generic.   So I pay attention to certain players who have those SuperWeapon characteristics and I root for them to become recognized by the NFL.  Often those players are recognized by the NFL and often they do become stars,  often years after I start talking about them.

Whatever track record you have at finding players,  it just isn't as good as mine has been over the last 5-10 years.  Over and over I find cheap free agents and talk about them on whatever teams board I'm paying closest attention to.   It's rare to find one Taysom Hill,  but I typically find all of them.    My top interest is top sparq running QBs.  Taysom Hill, Terrelle Pryor, Logan Thomas,  Tyree Jackson.   The Eagles have had solid play from Greg Ward Jr,  who I also liked, but he doesn't have the crazy high sparq.

You’ve been identifying SooperWepons for FIVE to TEN years?!  So let me get this straight…you’re telling me that from the time you were born until you were only 5 years old, you identified multiple sUPerWeaPOn$?!  That’s damn impressive. My kids couldn’t even handle walking or just not crapping themselves at that age. Nice job kid. How much screen time you have left for the day?

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

@EagleJoe8 @Outlaw and @NOTW here you guys go, another gem of an idea from the clown.

Thanks for that Mike. 

48 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Thanks for that Mike. 

Randomly irregular

Appreciate and respect Ertz for all he has done for us, legit All-Time Eagle.

Good job by Howie for getting a 5th and young CB for what is basically an 11 game rental.

3 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

what exactly "would not happen in the NFL"?

Rugby players performing as rugby players in American football. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

Right, and over the years, on other message boards,  I've said things

They need you, go to them.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

He discovered Terrell Pryor! You are not on his level! Super duper Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I'm not saying they're going to be playing rugby.

Mailata did run the ball a lot while playing rugby.  He's also doing a fair amount of catching.

They need you, go to them.

They all get some of me. 

You're lucky to get me now, too.

Just now, Random Reglar said:

Mailata did run the ball a lot while playing rugby.  He's also doing a fair amount of catching.

You claim to know football, but don't know that teams don't invest in an OT to have them play RB.

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He discovered Terrell Pryor! You are not on his level! Super duper Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Pryor is my fave.   He can't keep punching or otherwise attacking women if he wants to get back in the NFL though.
What I'm good at doing is finding the players with potential positional versatility.  I'm not scouting high schools. 

1 minute ago, Random Reglar said:

They all get some of me. 

You're lucky to get me now, too.

No one here "gets" you.

• Haha 1

You claim to know football, but don't know that teams don't invest in an OT to have them play RB.

Do you think he also discovered this...

IMG_1960.JPG

the-classic-sooperdooperlooper.jpg

6 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

it-is-horrible-this-idea.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, NOTW said:

it-is-horrible-this-idea.jpg

He will get it through at his his meetings with the Bob's

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

"invest"

They're paying Mailata money to do the work they assign him to do.

Teams don't pay JJ Watt big money to play on the Dline to have him do something else.

However,  somehow,  perhaps through some sort of sci-fi weirdness,  JJ Watt has 3 catches, 3 TD catches.    JJ Watt even had a snap on offense this year at the age of 32,

What you are saying is just entirely wrong.   There are a large number of examples of players playing positions that are not their primary position.

How about Pro Bowl FB Patrick Ricard of the Ravens,  the kind of player that the Eagles would need to beef up their run game?

High School - Defensive Line
College - Defensive Line
Early NFL career - Defensive Line
slightly later NFL career - DL + FB
now - FB

Terrelle Pryor -  QB who holds the NFL record for longest TD run by a QB - 93 yards.  Then,  he became a 1000 yard receiver in the NFL. 

Just this year,  against the Eagles,   the Cowboys put an offensive lineman, Connor McGovern, in the backfield in a goal line situation.

I'm talking about Tyree Jackson now, as well as Mailata.

How does this sound to you?  "It would absolutely be ridiculous for Tyree to do anything but play Quarterback in the NFL.   After all,  his entire career,  from High School, to College, to the Bills in the preseason and the XFL,  all he has played is Quarterback.   This preseason,  voila,  he's playing TE."     It sounds exactly like the people on the other message board when I was suggesting that (team) get Tyree Jackson for TE and/or QB.   

It happens all the time.   You being snotty with your contention that it is unheard of doesn't make your argument any less false.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NOTW said:

No one here "gets" you.

Yes,  you're all lucky enough to get me.  I'm here,  giving you new ideas to think about.

Feel free to stop making this a personal matter.

5 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Probably a safe bet the fans of those teams list us on their schedule of not so tough game also.

Probably,  unless some of the worst teams like the Jets and Lions understand that they're in the bottom tier and they're not winning very many games at all.

A "good Eagles fan" I guess is one who roots for the Eagles to lose?

8 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

"invest"

They're paying Mailata money to do the work they assign him to do.

Teams don't pay JJ Watt big money to play on the Dline to have him do something else.

However,  somehow,  perhaps through some sort of sci-fi weirdness,  JJ Watt has 3 catches, 3 TD catches.    JJ Watt even had a snap on offense this year at the age of 32,

What you are saying is just entirely wrong.   There are a large number of examples of players playing positions that are not their primary position.

How about Pro Bowl FB Patrick Ricard of the Ravens,  the kind of player that the Eagles would need to beef up their run game?

High School - Defensive Line
College - Defensive Line
Early NFL career - Defensive Line
slightly later NFL career - DL + FB
now - FB

Terrelle Pryor -  QB who holds the NFL record for longest TD run by a QB - 93 yards.  Then,  he became a 1000 yard receiver in the NFL. 

Just this year,  against the Eagles,   the Cowboys put an offensive lineman, Connor McGovern, in the backfield in a goal line situation.

I'm talking about Tyree Jackson now, as well as Mailata.

How does this sound to you?  "It would absolutely be ridiculous for Tyree to do anything but play Quarterback in the NFL.   After all,  his entire career,  from High School, to College, to the Bills in the preseason and the XFL,  all he has played is Quarterback.   This preseason,  voila,  he's playing TE."     It sounds exactly like the people on the other message board when I was suggesting that (team) get Tyree Jackson for TE and/or QB.   

It happens all the time.   You being snotty with your contention that it is unheard of doesn't make your argument any less false.

TL;DR

:groovy:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, nipples said:

What exactly do you think a 31-year old tight end in the last year of his contract is worth? Why would any team give more than that for what could very well be a half season rental?

Howie gave up a third for Tate. What a waist that was.

It should be Howie leaving, not guys like Ertz. Look at the deal Howie got here- nada. But he knows he can suck and Lurie will ignore it.

41 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

It should be Howie leaving, not guys like Ertz. Look at the deal Howie got here- nada. But he knows he can suck and Lurie will ignore it.

What did you think we were going to get for a 31 year old TE whose nickname recently is YAC Ertz, since he gets none? What were we getting for a 31 year old TE on the last year of his contract who definitely wasn’t getting resigned? And how about what were we getting for a guy whose play has steadily declined the last three years straight?  If your answer is a day 3 pick and a player with some potential at a future high area of need, congrats you’re Howie Roseman. If you think you were getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick, congrats you’re playing Madden. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nipples said:

Why is it a bad trade? He was gone after this season and the team is going nowhere this year. Getting any return is a positive. 

Financially it was good trade but value wise it was bad.