Eagles trade Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals for CB Tay Gowan and a 2022 5th round pick

xBMTx

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

No. He wasn’t eligible. He was there but in street clothes. 

Ertz played on Thursday with the Eagles, same game week as the Cardinals who played on Sunday.  That would disqualify him for the Sunday game.  He is on the Cardinals roster and was listed as inactive for the game, according to the NFL Network.  Report also says that he traveled with the new team to spend time with coaches and teammates to learn the scheme. 

He joins a 5-0 team and stands a good chance to go to post-season and maybe more.  Good for him.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2021 at 8:29 PM, Talonblood said:

Ok, whatever. If he balls out in AZ, I stand by what I said. If his tank is truly empty, then I'll do what Fonzie does so well- say I am wro.... say that I am wrrrrr..... wron.....wrrrrrr...rrr.. 

Just to have my very belated thoughts on this, I'm glad they didn't trade Ertz before the season and he got to play in front of fans again. I understand they didn't have a better offer on the table.

Plus there was a small chance we could have been competitive and he would have helped.

Personally I think the Cards got a great deal, but now was the right time to trade him and if that's the most we can get, so be it.

I wish Ertz the best, absolutely great guy and key to our only Super Bowl.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 11:15 PM, Random Reglar said:

Pryor is my fave.   He can't keep punching or otherwise attacking women if he wants to get back in the NFL though.
What I'm good at doing is finding the players with potential positional versatility.  I'm not scouting high schools. 

Who is someone we do not know about that you are projecting great things from?

On 10/16/2021 at 8:09 PM, jsdarkstar said:

Tay Gowan

Looks like a Nickel CB to me.

On 10/16/2021 at 8:09 PM, jsdarkstar said:

Tay Gowan

TBH, not a very impressive vid. Dropped balls, bad throws, didn't turn head most deep balls. Should fit right in. 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

First practice with the Cards:

FB_IMG_1634817562504.jpg

He is the real

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He is the real

I never knew he embraced Philly as much as he's said since being traded.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He's always embraced Philly, I just don't think people noticed because he didn't get enough YAC 

• Haha 6

40 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He loves it

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He's always embraced Philly, I just don't think people noticed because he didn't get enough YAC 

Well he did marry a Philly area girl so that certainly is embracing the area. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well he did marry a Philly area girl so that certainly is embracing the area. 

Yeah really lol. 

• Like 1

Wasn't there a hidden clause in the trade that said that if Ertz caught a 47 yard TD within his first 3 games for the Cardinals, we get Larry Fitzgerald and a 2008 1st?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Wasn't there a hidden clause in the trade that said that if Ertz caught a 47 yard TD within his first 3 games for the Cardinals, we get Larry Fitzgerald and a 2008 1st?

Fitz is at the Newark airport as we speak! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Impossible

Would have said the same thing 10 days ago. Kind of sad that was the longest TD of his career. I’m so used to him catching and falling down within two steps. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Would have said the same thing 10 days ago. Kind of sad that was the longest TD of his career. I’m so used to him catching and falling down within two steps. 

To be fair I think people confuse yards after contact and run after catch with Ertz.

Zach was always good if he had space to run, it's just when it came to breaking tackles or running someone over is where he rather just get down.

Instead of taking an unnecessary hit and getting down prolongs his career. Unlike guys who play like Gronk, Kittle and Goedert who like to run people over and also have nagging injuries all the time. That style is more exciting and fun but, it doesn't keep you on the field. Travis Kelce has been the exception for the most part. 

Glad to see Ertz got a TD first game with the Cardinals.  He is still a productive TE.  The game plans and QB plays limited his performance the last couple seasons he was here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Glad to see Ertz got a TD first game with the Cardinals.  He is still a productive TE.  The game plans and QB plays limited his performance the last couple seasons he was here.

Yeah I think the Cards got a steal with Ertz. 

11 hours ago, What The F said:

Longest TD of his career.... 

Holy ish what an awful angle 25 took on that play. Like throwing-the-game-intentionally bad.