Eagles trade Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals for CB Tay Gowan and a 2022 5th round pick

xBMTx

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

What did I think? You saw it in my post. More than what they got. And you can kiss my A_s_s- I have my opinion. If you think they could not have gotten more value for him, keep on hugging Howies balls, son.

stress-ball-squeeze.gif

See below. Welcome to reality. Zach Ertz ain’t worth much, and we got "not much.” People always overinflate the value of their own team’s players in their head. It’s ok, now go put some Adele on and rock in the corner cutting yourself to ease the pain.  

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

@Outlaw is correct.  They got what the market was willing to pay for him.  

Gronk and a 7th got the Patriots a 4th.  Ertz got a 5th and a player.  Eagles probably got more value for a lesser player.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Tight ends and even most WR don't fetch much in trades even the really good ones you rarely get your value or what you think you should get. A 5th for Ertz and a possible good player is more then fair in the tight end and wr market. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

See below. Welcome to reality. Zach Ertz ain’t worth much, and we got "not much.” People always overinflate the value of their own team’s players in their head. It’s ok, now go put some Adele on and rock in the corner cutting yourself to ease the pain.  

And that's coming from someone who loves Ertz... I don't even buy jerseys and I might get his now lol. 

It sucks to see an Eagle great leave but Ertz is not the future here and would not be here next year anyway. I wish him the best in Arizona and am looking forward to his return when he retires as an Eagle.

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Ok, whatever. If he balls out in AZ, I stand by what I said. If his tank is truly empty, then I'll do what Fonzie does so well- say I am wro.... say that I am wrrrrr..... wron.....wrrrrrr...rrr.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ertz was purely a receiving tight end, not all right ends are bruisers like gronk and Kelce. Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates lasted a long time playing similar style to Ertz they weren't known as run a guy over types either.

I am in no way saying Ertz was on their level but, just saying their are 2 types and there is nothing wrong with Ertz style. He runs great routes gets open and makes the catch. He made it easy for guys like Foles and Wentz over the years. Looked like Hurts was starting to get comfortable going to him as well. 

It's fun watching Goedert and his style but that has its downsides too. Like getting hurt, fumbling and not securing the catch before trying to deliver a blow to the defender all things we have seen Goedert have issues with. That being said Goedert is definitely awesome and look forward to him being the main guy

It’s true. I’m not bothered by his lack of breaking tackles, but I have watched his Philly career and it amazes me I could probably count on 2 hands how many times he broke a tackle over that time. Ertz play style was more finesse, and he was excellent at getting open enough to provide a safety blanket for every QB he played with. His route running was so good, he was a technician and defenses knew he was a threat. Was a top 3 TE for most of his career. Hopefully he can finish out in Arizona strongly to possibly make a push for HOF. I haven’t looked into his career numbers so unsure if he has the resume for it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

It’s true. I’m not bothered by his lack of breaking tackles, but I have watched his Philly career and it amazes me I could probably count on 2 hands how many times he broke a tackle over that time. Ertz play style was more finesse, and he was excellent at getting open enough to provide a safety blanket for every QB he played with. His route running was so good, he was a technician and defenses knew he was a threat. Was a top 3 TE for most of his career. Hopefully he can finish out in Arizona strongly to possibly make a push for HOF. I haven’t looked into his career numbers so unsure if he has the resume for it.

Not good enough , he would have to get back on track for another 5 yrs I think. 

That's why I said similar style to gates and Gonzalez because I can't really remember to many broken tackles either lol. 

IMG_20211016_160614.jpg

• Like 1

I wish we still had access to posts from the old boards. I wonder how many of these same people that have a love fest for Ertz were the same ones that bagged on him for not breaking tackles, for only be able to catch passes and how he will never learn how to block in his life. That he was a wasted pick when they already had Celek and it was dumb when they should have drafted someone better like Manti Te'o.

15 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

I wish we still had access to posts from the old boards. I wonder how many of these same people that have a love fest for Ertz were the same ones that bagged on him for not breaking tackles, for only be able to catch passes and how he will never learn how to block in his life. That he was a wasted pick when they already had Celek and it was dumb when they should have drafted someone better like Manti Te'o.

That wouldn't be me I've been defending him for yrs. It's been pretty much the same people that beech about him still are lol. I don't see anyone here saying anything different to be honest. Maybe there is a few that did and I don't remember them complaining before. 

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Ok, whatever. If he balls out in AZ, I stand by what I said. If his tank is truly empty, then I'll do what Fonzie does so well- say I am wro.... say that I am wrrrrr..... wron.....wrrrrrr...rrr.. 

Touché sir. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Financially it was good trade but value wise it was bad. 

Not really. Teams aren’t going to shell out high value for a potential half year rental. 

12 minutes ago, nipples said:

Not really. Teams aren’t going to shell out high value for a potential half year rental. 

Especially non premium positions. 

I just got an Authentic Ertz Jersey screw you guys lol

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Then they could have given him an extension a year or two ago so it wasn't a half year rental. 

11 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Then they could have given him an extension a year or two ago so it wasn't a half year rental. 

They weren't going to pay him top 3 money just to trade him off so he wasn't a 1 year rental for someone else. That makes no sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They weren't going to pay him top 3 money just to trade him off so he wasn't a 1 year rental for someone else. That makes no sense. 

I wasn't suggesting pay him top 3 money.  I just don't buy that this is the best way they could have handled this situation. 

1 minute ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

I wasn't suggesting pay him top 3 money.  I just don't buy that this is the best way they could have handled this situation. 

It most definitely isn't but, that's what he wanted and why they didn't resign him. 

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It most definitely isn't but, that's what he wanted and why they didn't resign him. 

That's true, just another FO botch job. 

• Like 1

Just now, Big___Al said:

Did Ertz even see the field yesterday? Don't see anything in the stats.

No. He wasn’t eligible. He was there but in street clothes. 

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

No. He wasn’t eligible. He was there but in street clothes. 

Thanks. But why not eligible? Passing a health exam or something?

The only mystery to this trade is that it took so long to happen and whether Howie turned down a higher pick or indeed another 5th rounder before the season started.

No ill will to Ertz particularly, but he checked out of Philly last year and Goedert is better now.

5 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

Thanks. But why not eligible? Passing a health exam or something?

I don’t know the exact reason, but if I had to take an educated guess, I would think he can’t get two game checks in the same week. He played a week 6 game already so he couldn’t play a second one. Just my guess. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t know the exact reason, but if I had to take an educated guess, I would think he can’t get two game checks in the same week. He played a week 6 game already so he couldn’t play a second one. Just my guess. 

That has to be a league rule, otherwise he could have played 18 games this season and get paid extra and get extra stats.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Ahh, hadn't thought about that. Makes sense! Thanks again.