Eagles trade Zach Ertz to the Arizona Cardinals for CB Tay Gowan and a 2022 5th round pick

xBMTx

12 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

His numbers the last two years are well below how Goedert has been performing. This isn’t 2015 anymore. He was solidified as the most expensive backup TE in the NFL, and he would have walked in 11 games anyway. What we got wasn’t a lot, but hopefully the CB will save us spending a 5th/6th on a CB next draft, so it’s something.

2015?  He had 90 catches and 900 yards in 2019...

8 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

Looking forward to seeing Tyree Jackson, potential SuperWeapon.

Yeah I am too. That's one thing to look forwards to this year for sure. 

TATE just a few months ago: Ertz is old, washed up, injury prone, and we’d lucky to get 7th round pick for him

TATE now: just a 5th and a player??? Fire Howie!!!

I’ll take the trade. I think this was the correct route. Allow Goedert chance to really step up and show he’s worth a contract. 

Best of luck Ertz, you’re an all timer to me. I’ll be telling future generations of Eagles fans about you. Great career, great Super Bowl performance, how much better could it of been if you could break a tackle…

• Like 5

Good luck Zach, you have been great Eagle on and off the field, and your contributions in the Superbowl were absolutely crucial. Thank you for everything you have done, and I sincerely hope you get a 2nd ring with the Cards this year.

Welcome to Tay Gowan, it's a nice situation for you to learn behind a couple of savvy vets in Slay and Nelson. I hope you make it in Philly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

Probably,  unless some of the worst teams like the Jets and Lions understand that they're in the bottom tier and they're not winning very many games at all.

A "good Eagles fan" I guess is one who roots for the Eagles to lose?

Where did you come up with that strawman? 
What are you? A super idiot of some kind??

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20211015-171624_Chrome.jpg

Pretty concerning when you have more faith in his 5th round selection than his 1st... particularly as they could have three 1st rounds next year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mihailo said:

Pretty concerning when you have more faith in his 5th round selection than his 1st... particularly as they could have three 1st rounds next year. 

Howie tried to suggest they were pretty good at picking in the fifth. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Howie tried to suggest they were pretty good at picking in the fifth. 

Great, he can focus on the 5th round onwards then and leave the first rounds to someone with a chance. 

3 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

TATE just a few months ago: Ertz is old, washed up, injury prone, and we’d lucky to get 7th round pick for him

TATE now: just a 5th and a player??? Fire Howie!!!

I’ll take the trade. I think this was the correct route. Allow Goedert chance to really step up and show he’s worth a contract. 

Best of luck Ertz, you’re an all timer to me. I’ll be telling future generations of Eagles fans about you. Great career, great Super Bowl performance, how much better could it of been if you could break a tackle…

Ertz was purely a receiving tight end, not all right ends are bruisers like gronk and Kelce. Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates lasted a long time playing similar style to Ertz they weren't known as run a guy over types either.

I am in no way saying Ertz was on their level but, just saying their are 2 types and there is nothing wrong with Ertz style. He runs great routes gets open and makes the catch. He made it easy for guys like Foles and Wentz over the years. Looked like Hurts was starting to get comfortable going to him as well. 

It's fun watching Goedert and his style but that has its downsides too. Like getting hurt, fumbling and not securing the catch before trying to deliver a blow to the defender all things we have seen Goedert have issues with. That being said Goedert is definitely awesome and look forward to him being the main guy

45 minutes ago, mihailo said:

Great, he can focus on the 5th round onwards then and leave the first rounds to someone with a chance. 

I think if you look at his record though the fifth round isn't that great. I mean sure he's found a couple and the fifth round is a real crapshoot but his drafting overall is not good enough. 

I wish him luck.  He was a spectacular piece of many seasons and wins.  I enjoyed watching him play football.

However, its so odd to see the systematic dismantling of the SB team.

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I wish him luck.  He was a spectacular piece of many seasons and wins.  I enjoyed watching him play football.

4 short years ago from winning the Super Bowl. Now a complete mess. Frustrating to say the least 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

What did you think we were going to get for a 31 year old TE whose nickname recently is YAC Ertz, since he gets none? What were we getting for a 31 year old TE on the last year of his contract who definitely wasn’t getting resigned? And how about what were we getting for a guy whose play has steadily declined the last three years straight?  If your answer is a day 3 pick and a player with some potential at a future high area of need, congrats you’re Howie Roseman. If you think you were getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick, congrats you’re playing Madden. 

What did I think? You saw it in my post. More than what they got. And you can kiss my A_s_s- I have my opinion. If you think they could not have gotten more value for him, keep on hugging Howies balls, son.

stress-ball-squeeze.gif

11 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

What did I think? You saw it in my post. More than what they got. And you can kiss my A_s_s- I have my opinion. If you think they could not have gotten more value for him, keep on hugging Howies balls, son.

@Outlaw is correct.  They got what the market was willing to pay for him.  

Gronk and a 7th got the Patriots a 4th.  Ertz got a 5th and a player.  Eagles probably got more value for a lesser player.

36 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Outlaw is correct.  They got what the market was willing to pay for him.  

Gronk and a 7th got the Patriots a 4th.  Ertz got a 5th and a player.  Eagles probably got more value for a lesser player.

Tight ends and even most WR don't fetch much in trades even the really good ones you rarely get your value or what you think you should get. A 5th for Ertz and a possible good player is more then fair in the tight end and wr market. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

They all get some of me. 

You're lucky to get me now, too.

Lucky is not a word I would choose.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

FB_IMG_1634397692916.jpg

That's how I feel when I wake up next to your mom 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Several members of that Super Bowl team were not young when they came here and there's no NFL Fountain of Youth unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Several members of that Super Bowl team were not young when they came here and there's no NFL Fountain of Youth unfortunately.

Who am I missing? The only one that wasn't young was Blount. Alshon was only 27 jay ajayi was 25 and Smith was 28. Darby was 23. They should of been able to go on 2-3 year run

38 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's how I feel when I wake up next to your mom 

You're saying you're a loser, but sleeping with an elderly woman is your version of winning.

tony-stark-not-a-great-plan.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

You're saying you're a loser, but sleeping with an elderly woman is your version of winning.

tony-stark-not-a-great-plan.gif

SOB!!

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Damn.  He crushed you with that one.

He usually does lol. I don't even know why I bother haha

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

He usually does lol. I don't even know why I bother haha

:smoke:

:roll: