MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

16 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I thought regular challenge isn’t until this coming Wednesday? 

The Final they gave them on CBS was hot garbage and the various shortcuts/etc was moronic. Not even close to "challenge”ing the competitors, while also making it impossible for anyone who doesn’t success to even have a chance.

I’d still take (additional) meh challenge seasons over nothing, but ended on a very low note for me 

agreed on challenge usa. It’s like the challenge light. Not sure about when regular started, but they had an episode introducing entire cast and hinting at concept. Seems decent enough. All never winners competing to win, but ex champs brought in for eliminations. 

• 2 months later...

Nobody watching this new season?  Been on for quite a few weeks now.  I really enjoyed last night's elimination

Spoiler

Was great to see Jay crying like the little btch that he is when his buddy got taken out by CT 

• Thanks 1

I always liked Jay on Survivor, but he is super obnoxious on the challenge and his hairline makes me uncomfortable. I was pissed when Michelle beat Cara Maria the other week. She gets entirely too much camera time.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Kz! said:

I always liked Jay on Survivor, but he is super obnoxious on the challenge and his hairline makes me uncomfortable. I was pissed when Michelle beat Cara Maria the other week. She gets entirely too much camera time.

Yep.  Jay should keep his hat on, and Michelle should always wear a bra.  Cara Maria still looks good though.  

• Like 1

Is this horrible show still on?  My God man - what season is this??!  

4 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Yep.  Jay should keep his hat on, and Michelle should always wear a bra.  Cara Maria still looks good though.  

Cara Maria looks like a plastic surgery experiment. Definitely not "good”. She was never one of the legitimately attractive ones — at best the girl next door/underdog that has a few decent features that I could see someone developing a crush on over time versus isn’t attraction. 

3 hours ago, hputenis said:

Is this horrible show still on?  My God man - what season is this??!  

Never horrible and still on. This is a mediocre season as the show has slightly downgraded be guaranteeing victories to above-average competitors. 

We’re in what’s billed as season 39, but we’ve had 3 previous Champs/Pros charity season, 3 All Stars seasons on Paramount+, 4 (I want to say) international Challenge seasons (UK, Australia, Argentina… and one other I’m maybe forgetting?)… they had Challenge USA on CBS which has had 2 seasons - 1 with all noobs for other CBS shows, and the 2nd that mainly brought back CBS people if I’m recalling and added in 8? MTV familiars. 

They also took people from all the international spinoffs and paired finalists from those seasons with MTV regulars, and had a "Challenge World Championship” season. Essentially the CBS season 1 guaranteed a noob male and female would be crowned a champ, the international seasons in different countries guaranteed a champ (I forget if it was also 1 male and 1 female), the World Championships guaranteed one of these new spin off people get a champion because the format was pairs with an MTV castmate, and season 39 airing now (Battle for a New Champion) will lead to 1 more person who has never won getting to take on the title of challenge champ… this time being a first time on the numbered main series. 

I’m a little upset that these new kids are getting so many clear paths to a championship without having to truly compete against former champs and former MTV-staples, but every few years they seem to feel the need to mix things up and they have so many seasons now (a good thing) that it’s not like a down season means I have to wait 12 months to get redemption. There’s like 3-4 "seasons” a year now which creates plenty of entertaining content overall. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Cara Maria looks like a plastic surgery experiment. Definitely not "good”. She was never one of the legitimately attractive ones — at best the girl next door/underdog that has a few decent features that I could see someone developing a crush on over time versus isn’t attraction. 

You’re crazy 

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

You’re crazy 

Nah. In the season that Cooke was partnered with Cara, Cooke is hotter on that season than Cara is on any individual season of hers you want to pick. Half the time Cara has that hope look going on where you know that box is probably rank as all hell too 🤢

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 3:36 PM, mikemack8 said:

Nobody watching this new season?  Been on for quite a few weeks now.  I really enjoyed last night's elimination

Hide contents

Was great to see Jay crying like the little btch that he is when his buddy got taken out by CT 

was behind 2 eps but so thoroughly enjoyed that more than anything. That greasy haired troll is the worst. 

• 2 weeks later...

I watched that last week and Cara’s last night 

• Like 1