MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

On 10/10/2022 at 6:50 PM, HazletonEagle said:

is that a real season on MTV or that fake crap on paramount+ or facebook?

the return of Bananas!!! 

17 hours ago, Agent23 said:

the return of Bananas!!! 

i feel like he’s doing it trying to get Nanny over the top in a finals. Bummed no Wes with him

1 minute ago, homerpat said:

i feel like he’s doing it trying to get Nanny over the top in a finals. Bummed no Wes with him

She could get Leroy there so Johnny B night not be able to get her there. 

yuck to the cast so far. Not a lot of rooting interests here. I get they need new people, but this is more than the Fresh Meats ever brought in. Time will tell if they’re bearable. 

7 minutes ago, homerpat said:

yuck to the cast so far. Not a lot of rooting interests here. I get they need new people, but this is more than the Fresh Meats ever brought in. Time will tell if they’re bearable. 

There’s some more vets coming throughout the season but yeah not a ton of fan favorites so to speak 

19 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

It took all of 5 minutes for turbo to start some ish :lol: 

we got a pussychicken so quickly!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So many people ****ing about people helping during eliminations. Guessing they’re pretty new to the show. Has always been like that. Very happy to see most obnoxious team ever go home. 

9 hours ago, homerpat said:

So many people ****ing about people helping during eliminations. Guessing they’re pretty new to the show. Has always been like that. Very happy to see most obnoxious team ever go home. 

Yeah that elimination was a perfect example of karma.  This season has been good so far, but they've really done a good job of eliminating any type of in house drama/fighting.  I think the only time the cast drinks now is when they go out on these bar field trips, and even those seem to very subdued.  

4 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah that elimination was a perfect example of karma.  This season has been good so far, but they've really done a good job of eliminating any type of in house drama/fighting.  I think the only time the cast drinks now is when they go out on these bar field trips, and even those seem to very subdued.  

With regards to alcohol, after hot mess Tonya was drinking 24/7 like 8 years ago, production got rid of all brown liquor and has been limiting what castmates get and even dying clear liquor so that they can track/manage it. Agree that it vastly limits the in-house drama. All the podcast discussions from cast also make it sound like a lot of in-house drama and petty spats, which all still happen on the regular, rarely seem to be given airtime on the TV edit (sounds like we -- the audience -- have missed a lot of gold with Turbo before he got the knock out).

Speaking of which, Olivia and Horacio getting all the house-help again vs. Jay-Michelle was just as entertaining as Turbo and whoever-she-was getting eliminated in a similar puzzle type of elimination. Sissy Jay shouting at everyone else to shut up because he couldn't hear was awesome :lol: 

• Like 1

Also - I used to HATE Jordan, but I don't mind him now.  He seems to have lost most of his stupid bravado and arrogance.  Anyone who can make Aneesa look like a somewhat competent challenger is alright by me :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Also - I used to HATE Jordan, but I don't mind him now.  He seems to have lost most of his stupid bravado and arrogance.  Anyone who can make Aneesa look like a somewhat competent challenger is alright by me :lol: 

I still love him flipping over all the cards to try knocking out Bananas :lol: I feel like that had to be after Bananas took the money from Sarah (I feel like Dirty 30 started the "X" and draw events) but he was against throwing Nany and Bananas in a the end of Exes 2? (whichever one had Jordan-Sarah and Nany-Bananas)

• Like 1

The implementation of Teams will be interesting to watch play out. I really dislike that it was not a snake draft tho. Because the captains were mixed gender, they had Fessy take a female partner. Kaycee makes the most sense as arguably the best overall female with the added benefit is sending the weakest guy to the other team. Similarly Moriah made the correct move taking Jordan (in argument for top male) while sending the weakest female to Fessy’s squad. But from there on out fessy is always getting to pick the best remaining male/female (whatever is offered) each round of their draft. 

I think Moriah's team is going to surprise - the promo they showed after the episode for the rest of this season was great - looks like fire!

22 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I think Moriah's team is going to surprise - the promo they showed after the episode for the rest of this season was great - looks like fire!

I just re-watched the picks to get the order. Further shows off how bogus the non-snake format was

image.png.9c42883324ee945258bea64efec6f3d6.png

Through 6 rounds of picks (counting Captains as Rd1), Fessy has 4 guys and 2 women, with Moriah having 4 women and 2 guys. That's even worse with Fessy already being one of the top-potential makes (at worst he's 3rd behind Bananas and Jordan just due to their pedigree/achievements). Then TJ mentions that her final pick is important because it determines where everyone winds up (and Devin's sad song about being picked last). But I'm 99% sure production forced them to draft a gender at each round in the selections, so if she chose Devin than Tori still would have went to Fessy (**how does a top-2 female wind up going last?) and then Fessy would have been required to take Olivia sending Horacio to Moriah's team.

**If I was in Moriah's shoe's I would probably take Amber over Tori simply because she can run and has proven ability to compete by winning a final, and Chauncey I would place only ahead of Kenny for the guys, so you send Chauncey to Fessy's team vs. sending Devin to his team

Only thing I can see different, save for implementing a snake format, is Moriah took Bananas instead, but then she 100% gets Aneesa. Bananas+Aneesa is << Jordan+Nany.  Especially when Aneesa has been casually taking a stroll every distance/endurance challenge they've had. 

image.png.93d16d38d83b2da53c04501078528c24.png

If they had a snake draft, where you don't have a bogus stretch allowing someone to get 3 guys in a row (or in Moriah's case, 3 women in a row), I see it coming down to 1 of 2 most likely outcomes.

image.png.7e0f1f7450e81c157c61435e5af4e2bf.png

image.png.1a0f29da99e5307431240b26082f9524.png

I don’t get how this worked out how it did. Why did she have to pick female picking Amber yet Fessy goes right back and picks a guy. 

9 hours ago, homerpat said:

I don’t get how this worked out how it did. Why did she have to pick female picking Amber yet Fessy goes right back and picks a guy. 

Because for as much as I love the show, production has been interfering a bit too much the past handful of seasons. 

10 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Because for as much as I love the show, production has been interfering a bit too much the past handful of seasons. 

I’m sure it all works out in results but Fessy going right back to dumby, I mean Nelson. Def shady bs. Hope they have a lot of puzzles. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last night was great. Love seeing Fessy go home and get schooled by Bananas. Moriah is a casualty but hopefully she's back on upcoming seasons and not tied to messy Fessy. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, homerpat said:

Fessy so entitled. Love seeing him embarrassed. 

He wishes he was good a dumb crap like bananas, in addition to wishing he was good at smart crap like normal people.