MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

Weird twist, and I'm a tiny bit surprised they gave up 200K. I know CT's won over a million at this point, but damn, that'd be a tough amount to part with. Probably should have let third place split 50K at least, but good for them. 

That final was insanely anti-climactic, though. No multiple stages on the final day. No eating portion. Not even really a puzzle so much as a simple memory game. They didn't even have to stay up the night before with a torturous sleep-deprivation challenge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kz! said:

Weird twist, and I'm a tiny bit surprised they gave up 200K. I know CT's won over a million at this point, but damn, that'd be a tough amount to part with. Probably should have let third place split 50K at least, but good for them. 

That final was insanely anti-climactic, though. No multiple stages on the final day. No eating portion. Not even really a puzzle so much as a simple memory game. They didn't even have to stay up the night before with a torturous sleep-deprivation challenge. 

yeah, no eating the entire season and last year in the cold overnight cave the duos had to rotate standing and sleeping. The elevation of where they are is a bit unknown and the change in elevation of the final isn't well-defined... but CT scaled a mountain in knee-deep snow with Diem Bananas and Camilla so this definitely had to be a lot easier version of that. Then wasn't it Turbo that had to traverse like 25 miles across the desert? lol 

18 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Kaycee hasn’t won before but I liked the decision to split. My dope was thinking 700/200/100 not even considering that you don’t have to give 2nd and 3rd place different amounts :lol: 

kaycee won $500k in big brother. 

16 hours ago, homerpat said:

kaycee won $500k in big brother. 

which is probably long gone. Figure whatever amount of that gets taxed, then if she helped her mom pay of her debts, etc, + living in LA expenses over the last 3-5 years. Then add in the probable bad investment that seems to find these people. 

6 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

which is probably long gone. Figure whatever amount of that gets taxed, then if she helped her mom pay of her debts, etc, + living in LA expenses over the last 3-5 years. Then add in the probable bad investment that seems to find these people. 

I’m sure. Just noting she won $500k twice now

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

So much better cast for next all stars. Last few years have been like 5-6 real players and a bunch of scrubs

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What All Star has never made a final?

90% of the last few seasons

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What All Star has never made a final?

I think twitter says Nia? I feel like the season she got booted for grabbing Jordan’s rod that they were all in another country because of making the final… with her just getting booted before the final kicked off? But maybe there was still another elimination prior to final?

3 hours ago, homerpat said:

So much better cast for next all stars. Last few years have been like 5-6 real players and a bunch of scrubs

90% of the last few seasons

I haven’t watched any on paramount plus but looked up the last cast. Yikes

21 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I haven’t watched any on paramount plus but looked up the last cast. Yikes

Yeah they were bad. Winners were always solid and most of mens casts not bad, but they stretched term all star with the women. Very few real all stars 

• 2 months later...

Anyone watching this current season of All Stars?  I just caught up - it’s been pretty good.  Definitely a different feel with most of the cast being older and married, etc.  No hooking up, no fighting, everyone is mostly cordial.  Competition has still been good. 

38 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Anyone watching this current season of All Stars?  I just caught up - it’s been pretty good.  Definitely a different feel with most of the cast being older and married, etc.  No hooking up, no fighting, everyone is mostly cordial.  Competition has still been good. 

They gave us a cliff hanger >_> 

what I don’t know is how this show continues to fill 45mins that feels like I only watched 20. These could be 2hr long episodes and I’d be all in 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

When did the season start?  I feel like I have it DVRd, but I don’t recall seeing anything.  Or is this a Paramount+ thing?

Yeah that cliff hanger was bull. 

Hoping Wes wins and sails off into sunset. Honestly I’d be fine with any of the guys. Rooting for Kellyanne for girls. Have loved her ever since that challenge where they had to grind on that slippery log. I bet she’s insane in bed. 

10 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

When did the season start?  I feel like I have it DVRd, but I don’t recall seeing anything.  Or is this a Paramount+ thing?

Paramount +

On 6/26/2022 at 9:43 PM, homerpat said:

Yeah that cliff hanger was bull. 

Hoping Wes wins and sails off into sunset. Honestly I’d be fine with any of the guys. Rooting for Kellyanne for girls. Have loved her ever since that challenge where they had to grind on that slippery log. I bet she’s insane in bed. 

she always wears these booty-favorable one-piece jumpsuit looking things too

The potentially whack CBS spinoff with zero pre-existing castmembers starts tomorrow I think 

19 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

The potentially whack CBS spinoff with zero pre-existing castmembers starts tomorrow I think 

agreed. I’ll try it but seems stupid. 

13 hours ago, homerpat said:

agreed. I’ll try it but seems stupid. 

I still watch Survivor and Big Brother (I don't know anyone who still watches the amazing race, and clearly there is nobody in the world watching the Love Island (?) show) so I actually know who half of these people are and even still am not all that interested in this. I can't imagine what the motive for OG MTV Challenge fans is to watch this. Even TJ hosting this is weird and out of place. Half of what makes that work is the comradery he has with the existing/returning cast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

I still watch Survivor and Big Brother (I don't know anyone who still watches the amazing race, and clearly there is nobody in the world watching the Love Island (?) show) so I actually know who half of these people are and even still am not all that interested in this. I can't imagine what the motive for OG MTV Challenge fans is to watch this. Even TJ hosting this is weird and out of place. Half of what makes that work is the comradery he has with the existing/returning cast. 

I used to love amazing race, but they stunt cast too much and it lost its charm altogether. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, homerpat said:

I used to love amazing race, but they stunt cast too much and it lost its charm altogether. 

I feel like it aged poorly too, with following people around the world via a TV show not being as fun or unique as it was 20 years ago. People are more likely to travel themselves now, or go on Instagram and follow travel accounts, etc. I don't care that you're in Rome, much less sprinting through it as the basis of a reality TV show. 

7 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

I feel like it aged poorly too, with following people around the world via a TV show not being as fun or unique as it was 20 years ago. People are more likely to travel themselves now, or go on Instagram and follow travel accounts, etc. I don't care that you're in Rome, much less sprinting through it as the basis of a reality TV show. 

Honestly I love the competition aspect. Have tried out for show twice. Would love to get to do that for free. would be super fun even if no one wants to watch, but every team has to have a gimmick like a disabled person, lgbt, reality star, super hot etc