MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

17 hours ago, homerpat said:

Honestly I love the competition aspect. Have tried out for show twice. Would love to get to do that for free. would be super fun even if no one wants to watch, but every team has to have a gimmick like a disabled person, lgbt, reality star, super hot etc

Sounds like you know what you have to do. 

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2022 at 9:17 AM, JBENT87 said:

I still watch Survivor and Big Brother (I don't know anyone who still watches the amazing race, and clearly there is nobody in the world watching the Love Island (?) show) so I actually know who half of these people are and even still am not all that interested in this. I can't imagine what the motive for OG MTV Challenge fans is to watch this. Even TJ hosting this is weird and out of place. Half of what makes that work is the comradery he has with the existing/returning cast. 

I've never watched a Survivor season and not sure if I've ever watched an entire episode. I've maybe seen clips here or there but nothing that has stuck with me (aka, I can't recall a specific moment or person. Big Brother I have watched 2 seasons of -- the one with Tom Green and the crazy Summer/Winter Olympian chick thats a virgin and was on a season or two of The Challenge (the celebrity charity ones), and then the season not too long ago with Lamar Odom. I have not watched any of the other BB seasons or even an episode. 

Amazing Race I started a year or so before COVID and have enjoyed, and watched the most recent one where they had to quit midway then return later on. Had these two flight attendant chicks that I liked and one of them is on the new Challenge Season. I have watched all the Love Island (USA) seasons and most if not all of the British ones (I think they had like 5 seasons last I checked). That show was usually on when zero other important programs are on, so it was nice to have something 4-5 nights a week on the DVR when making/eating dinner. 

Sounds like the eventual USA vs other countries will be on Paramount Plus... but no idea if the States will get access to the seasons being held in other countries that happen prior to the final showdown. 

On 7/6/2022 at 10:42 AM, homerpat said:

I used to love amazing race, but they stunt cast too much and it lost its charm altogether. 

I don't know much about the shows history, but all i recall from this last season was the husband and wife who won that made youtubes or tiktoks (I liked them), and the Caro-Ray duo from Love Island... everyone else (the flight attendants, the Indian father-daughter, the guy who was wrongfully imprisoned for murder and his ride-or-die buddy, some black cops) all seemed like rando people. Maybe the two military guys that were on the train hijack that Clint Eastwood cast to play themselves in his movie count as a "stunt cast" but they didn't bother me.

Like 2 or 3 seasons ago, they had a couple that were from like MIT or something that made it far and the chick had a round backside like the two flight attendant chicks this past year so I like to root for those ones. 

For All Stars

was glad to see Wes win, and getting more and more impressed with post-mom Jonna. I still picture Zach just laying into her non-stop back around season 23ish or so and where she is now is far more competent and likable. I've usually always rooted for people going against Wes, but he's one of the personalities that helps elevate this show above other reality/competition, and since the Bananas feud-ending, he's not so much trying to be the bad guy against everyone else

For the new show, I was pleased with the first episode and will learn to accept some of these new people 

Ive always been a fan of Wes - was stoked to see him win as well.  For me he’s number 3 of all time challengers behind CT and Bananas as far as the men go

• Like 2

Just watched the first CBS/USA episode. Honestly was a lot better than what I was expecting. If you like The Challenge you probably are going to like this. Same game

with a decent twist/gimmick with the teams switching up every daily. They needed something sorta unique to cut through the gang wars that would've existed without this with each of the four shows wanting to protect their person every week

, same host, I'm sure same producers. There's some hatable people and some lovable losers. It'll be fine. 

17 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

Just watched the first CBS/USA episode. Honestly was a lot better than what I was expecting. If you like The Challenge you probably are going to like this. Same game

Hide contents

with a decent twist/gimmick with the teams switching up every daily. They needed something sorta unique to cut through the gang wars that would've existed without this with each of the four shows wanting to protect their person every week

, same host, I'm sure same producers. There's some hatable people and some lovable losers. It'll be fine. 

the algorithm or whatever they call it (watch out for LeBron James' legal team!) will make for some fun mixups. With All Stars done now and the season 38 only beginning to film recently, we'd be without anything for several months so I will happily take a discount version to have something to enjoy. 

Got sidetracked binging Stranger Things, but finally finished All Stars. I get it that they all cheat and that’s why you knock puzzle over, but they have got to start staggering puzzles. Without cheating Kailah is out in well before finals. Such a cheap way to do well. Glad she lost and props to Jonna. Back to back is beast and little kids at home too. She def seemed to be in better shape this season and it showed. 

Happy for Wes. They’ve been keeping him and Bananas from finals for years and rightfully so. How they ever let CT sniff a final is beyond me. Those 3 own finals. 

I remember being shocked and Jonna beating several men in All Stars 1 in the Final. She’s def impressed me the most, with physique-bod Wes returning being the second most impressive thing. 

Challenge USA wasn’t too bad. Some really awful players on here who will actually die if they ran a real final, but entertaining enough. Azah is such a waste of space. Why on earth did Kyland pick her?  They got lucky they won

8 hours ago, homerpat said:

Challenge USA wasn’t too bad. Some really awful players on here who will actually die if they ran a real final, but entertaining enough. Azah is such a waste of space. Why on earth did Kyland pick her?  They got lucky they won

Azah did a show where she couldn't just literally lay in bed through the entire season?

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I like checking twitter after evictions on Challenge Big Bro etc. People are salty as hell kyland and alyssa knocking out X saying bad game play.  Saying that’s not how regular challenge works. The hell it isn’t. They turn on each other after the 1st 3-4 eliminations constantly. Need your small dedicated group and turn on your allie’s before they can do same. Shan is a ****. Glad she’s gone. I like X, but he was so bitter. 

these new people too in their feels. I dont know this Tyson guy but hes on the podcast now so i like him. He can win and the rest of them can lose in emotionally devastating fashion 

5 hours ago, homerpat said:

I like checking twitter after evictions on Challenge Big Bro etc. People are salty as hell kyland and alyssa knocking out X saying bad game play.  Saying that’s not how regular challenge works. The hell it isn’t. They turn on each other after the 1st 3-4 eliminations constantly. Need your small dedicated group and turn on your allie’s before they can do same. Shan is a ****. Glad she’s gone. I like X, but he was so bitter. 

his bitter reaction was kinda ridiculous. You screwed over anyone who wasn't black en route to winning almost $1M and you're mad that they feel a certain way about it less than a year later? Chill man. Take your medicine. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Agent23 said:

these new people too in their feels. I dont know this Tyson guy but hes on the podcast now so i like him. He can win and the rest of them can lose in emotionally devastating fashion 

He’s a perfect regular challenge type player. Very cutthroat and plans. His issue is that he has a Wes streak and rubs people wrong way due to his arrogance. He had 3 or 4 goes at Survivor before finally winning. 

Will add that Sara, Kyland X and Ben are very challenge like players and could easily transition to regular game. Most of the rest would be crying like Josh

I never watched survivor or any non-celebrity big brother, so most of these are randos. I have watched some amazing race (I know Cayla) and I have watched all the love islands so I know those fools :lol: 

56 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I never watched survivor or any non-celebrity big brother, so most of these are randos. I have watched some amazing race (I know Cayla) and I have watched all the love islands so I know those fools :lol: 

big brother without the celebrities is way better. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

big brother without the celebrities is way better. 

agreed. celebrity BB blows. Regular show usually solid. every 2-3 years there’s a great season. This one shaping up to be a phenomenal one

Been watching the Challenge for many years.  One thing I wish they'd get rid of is the eating challenges during the Final.  The stuff they eat is disgusting and it can be tough to watch them just puke their brains out for 10 minutes.  

33 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Been watching the Challenge for many years.  One thing I wish they'd get rid of is the eating challenges during the Final.  The stuff they eat is disgusting and it can be tough to watch them just puke their brains out for 10 minutes.  

the CT-Wes, Paula-Emily, Cara-Cooke, Bananas-??? (I forget) Final in thailand was the best version of this :lol: 

5 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

could not disagree any more. It separates who really wants it. I love watching it and think if I was ever on show (I won’t be too old and too ugly) that the puzzles and eating would be what keeps me in it. 

14 minutes ago, homerpat said:

could not disagree any more. It separates who really wants it. I love watching it and think if I was ever on show (I won’t be too old and too ugly) that the puzzles and eating would be what keeps me in it. 

I get that it's a challenge and is a way to see who wants it more but I don't really want to see everyone throwing up over and over again for 10 minutes.  

• Haha 1

Sarah with the crazy eyes and really strange hand gestures at the end of this one. She has to be one of the least feminine women I've ever seen. The way she walks, all her mannerisms. Just very mannish in every way.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Sarah with the crazy eyes and really strange hand gestures at the end of this one. She has to be one of the least feminine women I've ever seen. The way she walks, all her mannerisms. Just very mannish in every way.

this is why we support drafting women from Are You the One?

• 2 months later...