Jump to content
downundermike

Week 7 poll, is it time to Bench Hurts

Bench Hurts  

116 members have voted

  1. 1. Bench Hurts



Recommended Posts

Was a 50/50 split after week 6.  Is it time for Minshew Mania against Detroit ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Yes, but before that Lurie should free and hire Dennis Rader to drive Roseman, Gannon, and Siriani back to Philly.  Whomever makes it back  is the GM, Coach and DC, and if it’s only Rader, he gets the job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to say yes because the young guys need a better QB to develop but Minshew or Flacco could end up winning games and I'm thinking about the draft spot now lol

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like it or not, he’s the only QB worth playing. Flacco is old and done. Minshew is what he is, a journeyman player. 

Let Hurts finish out the year and then draft/trade for a QB. If Hurts is the future backup here, let him get some reps. Makes zero sense to put Flacco or Minshew in, this team is going nowhere. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Like it or not, he’s the only QB worth playing. Flacco is old and done. Minshew is what he is, a journeyman player. 

Let Hurts finish out the year and then draft/trade for a QB. If Hurts is the future backup here, let him get some reps. Makes zero sense to put Flacco or Minshew in, this team is going nowhere. 

You need to go look at minshew’s numbers and who he had around him, journeyman, maybe, but he’s worth starting

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure their thought is to continue to see him, especially against a winless team next week.

This isn't a winning season anyway. Maybe if they're mathematically eliminated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Eagleblood52 said:

You need to go look at minshew’s numbers and who he had around him, journeyman, maybe, but he’s worth starting

Is that how you judge a QB? Minshew got beat out by Mike Glennon.

if you want to look at numbers, look at Hurts’ numbers, he’s got great numbers. What’s your point? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say give Hurts till around game 13 to see if their is improvement.   If not then give Minshew the last 4 games to see what's there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Like it or not, he’s the only QB worth playing. Flacco is old and done. Minshew is what he is, a journeyman player. 

Let Hurts finish out the year and then draft/trade for a QB. If Hurts is the future backup here, let him get some reps. Makes zero sense to put Flacco or Minshew in, this team is going nowhere. 

This is where I am at with this whole thing.  Let him play every game.  Putting either of those two in accomplishes nothing, but leaving Hurts in for the entire year will either make it a big yes or big no going forward.  I'm not holding my breath.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

Like it or not, he’s the only QB worth playing. Flacco is old and done. Minshew is what he is, a journeyman player. 

Let Hurts finish out the year and then draft/trade for a QB. If Hurts is the future backup here, let him get some reps. Makes zero sense to put Flacco or Minshew in, this team is going nowhere. 

How is a guy who is in his 3rd year in the league that is only on his second team termed a "journeyman?”

51 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Is that how you judge a QB? Minshew got beat out by Mike Glennon.

if you want to look at numbers, look at Hurts’ numbers, he’s got great numbers. What’s your point? 

You really want to judge him based on Urban Meyer’s opinion?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurts has no accuracy, a weak arm and can't see the field.  I'd trade him by the deadline if anyone wanted him.   Love to get a 4, I'd take a 5 to get him out of town.  Time to move all older players that have any trade value and start over. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, weko said:

Hurts has no accuracy, a weak arm and can't see the field.  I'd trade him by the deadline if anyone wanted him.   Love to get a 4, I'd take a 5 to get him out of town.  Time to move all older players that have any trade value and start over. 

I still think he’s worth having on a roster as a 2. Like him backing up Caleb Williams in a couple years is appealing. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted no because the time to bench Hurts has already passed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flacco is past his prime and Minshew has already shown he's not a franchise QB.

 

If you think this is an endorsement of Hurts, it's not. He's been bad. I just don't want to waste time with guys who won't be a long term solution.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

Minshew is what he is, a journeyman player. 

He's better than Hurts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. I’m no fan of Hurts but I want a conclusive answer - I’m fairly certain he isn’t the QB long term but let’s give the guy a few more games. We are not winning this year anyway

Like someone else said if there has been no improvement after say 10-12 games, then you bring in Minshew. I’m pretty sure he isn’t the long-term answer either but maybe the bridge QB for a year given the QB class next year isn’t inspiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point I’m conflicted. I know Hurts sucks, and what you see is what you get. Enough with all the "It’s only his __th start” crap. In recent years, we’ve seen rookies come in and look competent right off the bat, or at least show improvement. I don’t see it with Hurts. At the same time, I agree with @Mike030270. I worry that winning kills draft position. There is also the part of me that feels Lurie needs to suffer the worst humiliation he’s ever felt in order to move Howie out. 
 

I’ve said it before. Until Howie is gone, everything else is just painting over rust. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no.

I had my doubts before the season as it is nearly impossible for a person to change their behaviors that have been formed from years and years of playing football, BUT it was still important to see what he could do.

That is still the case, the team has to be absolutely sure if they have the right guy at the most important position in sports. It is difficult to distill, so in my mind the real benefit from benching Hurts is to see if he or Siri is the bigger problem. If Flacco comes in and sucks just as much as Hurts, then I think Siri gotta go. Or if Siri gives up play calling and they get an actual OC in to call plays for Hurts and he still sucks, then at least you know which is the bigger issue. Although they've been both so bad at this point. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

At this point I’m conflicted. I know Hurts sucks, and what you see is what you get. Enough with all the "It’s only his __th start” crap. In recent years, we’ve seen rookies come in and look competent right off the bat, or at least show improvement. I don’t see it with Hurts. At the same time, I agree with @Mike030270. I worry that winning kills draft position. There is also the part of me that feels Lurie needs to suffer the worst humiliation he’s ever felt in order to move Howie out. 
 

I’ve said it before. Until Howie is gone, everything else is just painting over rust. 

Putting lipstick on a pig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to say it but yes. I voted yes. Hurts just doesn't have it I'm afraid. Do I think he could be better with a different HC? Yeah I do. But he has issues that no HC can help with. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

How is a guy who is in his 3rd year in the league that is only on his second team termed a "journeyman?”

You really want to judge him based on Urban Meyer’s opinion?

It isn't just Urban Meyer's opinion though is it?  Lets be clear, we traded for Minshew for the kings ransom of a conditional 6th round pick that becomes a 5th rounder if he has a fifty percent snap count in 3 games, and not a single other team in the NFL thought he was worth giving up that to even play second string, NOT ONE, how do you explain that if he has a serious shot at being a starter?

Minshew is basically late career Ryan Fitzpatrick, streaks of decent QBing and building a media persona based around an amusing aspect of his appearance in pressers, and is now subject to the Philadelphia Eagles fans 'hey I bet that back up we traded a set of jerseys and a years supply of ice cream for is better than the guy we have under center right now' effect, only this time it's turbo charged because the fans of the Reverend Carson Wentz are still butt hurt that Charlie Church worked his ticket to Indianapolis.

There isn't a QB on the roster that could make this years dumpster fire any better, we stink from front office to defensive back and no amount of old rag arm Flacco or a guy with a funny moustache is fixing that.  We'd be better coached if we got Al Pacino to do his speech from Any Given Sunday in the locker room before every game and nothing else. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It isn't just Urban Meyer's opinion though is it?  Lets be clear, we traded for Minshew for the kings ransom of a conditional 6th round pick that becomes a 5th rounder if he has a fifty percent snap count in 3 games, and not a single other team in the NFL thought he was worth giving up that to even play second string, NOT ONE, how do you explain that if he has a serious shot at being a starter?

Minshew is basically late career Ryan Fitzpatrick, streaks of decent QBing and building a media persona based around an amusing aspect of his appearance in pressers, and is now subject to the Philadelphia Eagles fans 'hey I bet that back up we traded a set of jerseys and a years supply of ice cream for is better than the guy we have under center right now' effect, only this time it's turbo charged because the fans of the Reverend Carson Wentz are still butt hurt that Charlie Church worked his ticket to Indianapolis.

There isn't a QB on the roster that could make this years dumpster fire any better, we stink from front office to defensive back and no amount of old rag arm Flacco or a guy with a funny moustache is fixing that.  We'd be better coached if we got Al Pacino to do his speech from Any Given Sunday in the locker room before every game and nothing else. 

Love that speech, man!

1567304E-7C5E-4438-ADC6-D7C4BB6FCF3F.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...