Week 7 poll, is it time to Bench Hurts

Bench Hurts  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Bench Hurts

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's 2 coaches in a row that had problems with trying to figure out how much practice to give the players.... After chip ran fats pace 6 days a week practices... Coincidence that 2 coaches now are afraid to practice or how much to practice?

Looking at you again FO

That's what I have always said....as much hate as I have for chip kelly, I love how he had the guys physically ready to play...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

That's what I have always said....as much hate as I have for chip kelly, I love how he had the guys physically ready to play...

Agreed I absolutely hate him lol

• Like 2

On 10/24/2021 at 8:09 PM, Fresh_Prince said:

Its not like we have Aaron Rodgers on the bench.

I've seen Minshew before.

We haven't seen Minshew with offensive talent Eagles have.

On 10/24/2021 at 9:45 PM, eagle45 said:

I voted no because the time to bench Hurts has already passed.

It was time to bench him after week 3. I'm sick of watch Hurts be terrible. We know Hurts isn't it. Might as well see if Minshew can do anything.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

We haven't seen with offensive talent Eagles have.

It was time to bench him after week 3. I'm sick of watch Hurts be terrible. We know Hurts isn't it. Might as well see if Minshew can do anything.

Yeah we have. Most of this "talent” is the same players people have been trashing over the past 3-4 seasons. Smith and Gainwell are the only new adds. 

24 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah we have. Most of this "talent” is the same players people have been trashing over the past 3-4 seasons. Smith and Gainwell are the only new adds. 

Its not like I think the rest of our offense is exploding with talent but this is just either dumb or intentionally dishonest.

Smith and Gainwell are the only new adds if we ignore injuries. How quickly we forget the offensive line was a total mess, especially last year with injuries and lack of depth (much improved now) and emergence/improvement from guys like Quez Watkins. We finished the last two years with PS guys as our core WRs. Greg Ward was our top WR, and barely plays now. We had the likes of JJAW and Rob Davis playing meaningful snaps on offense

35 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Its not like I think the rest of our offense is exploding with talent but this is just either dumb or intentionally dishonest.

Smith and Gainwell are the only new adds if we ignore injuries. How quickly we forget the offensive line was a total mess, especially last year with injuries and lack of depth (much improved now) and emergence/improvement from guys like Quez Watkins. We finished the last two years with PS guys as our core WRs. Greg Ward was our top WR, and barely plays now. We had the likes of JJAW and Rob Davis playing meaningful snaps on offense

The offensive line Sunday was Dickerson and Driscoll at Guard neither are starters and one isn't a Guard, Mailata played both tackle positions because Lane went down again.

Last year JJAW played 12.5% of offensive snaps, so far this year he's playing 12.1%

It's time.

Not only because he blows, but because I would like to see: 

How good/bad the OL is 

How good/bad the WRs are 

How good/bad Sirianni's scheme is 

How good/bad the defense is with some consistency on offense

Now obviously this team has a number of issues, but I want to see the overall landscape if we changed QBs. What would improve? What would get worse? What would stay the same?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I was talking about Minshew not having talent like this.

Put both QB's in at the same time. I mean Miles is out so might as well line up Jalen in the backfield next to The Mustache. I mean the season can't get any worse. The Eagles have to try something 😄

I think Hurts is a backup at best, but he needs to start every game he's healthy this season.

4 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

I was talking about Minshew not having talent like this.

I’m not so sure about this talent, but if he can move the ball give it a shot. I feel like at best he gives the Eagles a one or two week jolt like Hirts did last season. 

25 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

I think Hurts is a backup at best, but he needs to start every game he's healthy this season.

What's the point in that?  We can see that he sucks.

51 minutes ago, sameaglesfan said:

What's the point in that?  We can see that he sucks.

I disagree with that. I think he'd be a fine back up. 

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Those are two pretty important additions. Plus Watkins might as well be considered a new addition this year considering how little he played last year. 

All I can say is I’ve watched the last few weeks and there have been open receivers. Hurts is either not seeing them at all, or he’s missing the throws. 

Not yet.  Season has to be lost or Hurts has to really **** the bed for the Stache to play.  But when he does, he will be a sight for sore eyes when starts firing the ball all over the place.  And can run a bit too.  He’s a gamer.

19 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

We haven't seen Minshew with offensive talent Eagles have.

4 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not so sure about this talent, but if he can move the ball give it a shot. I feel like at best he gives the Eagles a one or two week jolt like Hirts did last season. 

So Minshew has 25 NFL game tapes. He is on a really cheap rookie contract. There are 32 teams with numerous professional scouts who would have reviewed the game tape. The most the Jags could get for him was a 6th.

Perhaps he could win some games here. But he's benefiting from Eagles back-up QB syndrome. I bet if Minshew had of done what Hurts did against the Panthers, people would be calling him clutch and a gamer.

He is not going to be our franchise QB. We do not need to see him this year. If Hurts continues to struggle maybe give him 3-4 games (although to be honest may as well give him just 2 as we want to keep our 5th rounder).

Hurts hasn't been great, but most QBs aren't in their first 10-12 games. He is being hurt by a poor O-Line, bad playcalling and a pretty awful D. People who want to bench him at this stage just hate him, maybe because of Wentz, maybe because of something else.

Let him play. He may well not be good enough, but if he isn't we hopefully get two top 5 picks to add some much needed defensive talent.

Minshew is not the answer and we do not need to see him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I disagree with that. I think he'd be a fine back up. 

R.gif

22 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sirianni is definitely not in a place where he can call his own shots yet. 

If he keeps watering and fertilizing he'll get there.

22 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

That’s one thing you can’t argue about with Chip.  No team in recent memory was healthier or more physically game ready.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

R.gif

Back ups aren't usually really good to be fair. I think he's steady enough to be a decent back up. He can make some plays and he's not going to turn the ball over at a high rate. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Back ups aren't usually really good to be fair. I think he's steady enough to be a decent back up. He can make some plays and he's not going to turn the ball over at a high rate. 

He also doesn’t show enough to lead most to believe he can consistently keep a team in games. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

At some point one has to consider if it is worth playing a guy who could at most give the team a one or two game pop of wins. What does that even gain for the Eagles? Does that convince everyone that suddenly Minshew will be the guy for 2022 or does that really just hurt where the Eagles will draft? Really the best move is to play Hurts out unless he gets hurt. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

At some point one has to consider if it is worth playing a guy who could at most give the team a one or two game pop of wins. What does that even gain for the Eagles? Does that convince everyone that suddenly Minshew will be the guy for 2022 or does that really just hurt where the Eagles will draft? Really the best move is to play Hurts out unless he gets hurt. 

I think what we know is that Hurts isn't the answer... And I'm pretty sure Minshew isn't either. My point is I don't think Hurts is a terrible back up long term in the NFL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think what we know is that Hurts isn't the answer... And I'm pretty sure Minshew isn't either. My point is I don't think Hurts is a terrible back up long term in the NFL. 

One thing for sure is I don’t want Sirianni to have any part of grooming a young quarterback. He has no clue how to do it. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

One thing for sure is I don’t want Sirianni to have any part of grooming a young quarterback. He has no clue how to do it. 

Unless he thinks this is some sort of hothousing I genuinely have no clue why you would call the games he has.

And again I reiterate I have no idea whether Hurts is the answer or not,  I can point to at least a couple of the current top ten quarterbacks who were massively inconsistent and had games where they dropped below 50% completion their first season of games, not that this fan base wants to hear it, young QB's will be inconsistent and especially so with a game 'plan' like the Eagles are currently running.

• Like 4