Week 7 poll, is it time to Bench Hurts

Bench Hurts  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Bench Hurts

7 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Do you think Minshew could be the franchise guy or not? Because I don’t care if he’s serviceable. We can find serviceable QBs.

As NOTW says if Hurts isn’t showing anything in the next 6-7 weeks, then maybe take a look at Minshew or Flacco.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

this team isn't winning anything anyway they stink.  I could see if the season is over and they put in Minshew to audition to remain on the team as a backup next year but that's about it.

24 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I think it’s far more likely than not that Hurts isn’t the guy. But I have seen some positives and he is getting very little help from the line, the play-calling and the D.

People want to start Minshew. Why? Minshew has started over 20 games and the most the Jags could get for him was a conditional 6th. Are all the league’s scouts just stupid that they can’t see a potential franchise guy? No - he almost certainly isn’t good enough.

Sure we may win a couple more games with Minshew, but how does that help right now?

I want to see at least another 6-7 games from Hurts against some weaker teams. See if he can get anything going. If he’s still bad then we can have a look at Minshew, but to be honest Minshew probably gets a shot next year anyway.

Like what?

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

We all know that, it's what will convince Lurie?

He's not going to get rid of Howie. He's like a son to him apparently.

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Like what?

He's a "leader" apparently. And he can run the ball.. That's about it

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Like what?

He looked great against the Falcons and good against the Chiefs. He is a genuine dual threat. He rallied us against the Panthers and nearly did it against the Bucs.

He’s made some good deep throws that were called back for avoidable penalties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Exactly.  Fans expecting Flacco or Minshew to win with this team don't see the big picture. This team isn't winning anything.

What we need to see is if the offense is functional with another QB.  

I voted no to see if OP will get mega-triggered and post another poll next week - or maybe even another one MID WEEK.  Hell - let's go for a daily poll about the same topic that's covered in every other thread in TATE :roll: 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I voted no to see if OP will get mega-triggered and post another poll next week - or maybe even another one MID WEEK.  Hell - let's go for a daily poll about the same topic that's covered in every other thread in TATE :roll: 

Sure, it is covered, but I like to see the actual number in a vote.  I know you hate voting, your guys loses when voting starts.

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

That’s on the coaching staff too. Look how Pederson and Reich coddled Wentz in his rookie year. They toned down the playbook and gave him easy plays to build his confidence. This coaching staff just throws Hurts to the wolves and expects him to carry the team. 

It's not like Siri has some complex scheme or something. It's as vanilla as it gets. 

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

I think it's already clear as day that Howie Fed up beyond belief. 

To most on these boards, yes, but does Lurie have the intellectual honesty to admit it to himself?

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Exactly.  Fans expecting Flacco or Minshew to win with this team don't see the big picture. This team isn't winning anything.

Let Siri, Gannon and Hurts all stay in their positions all season and if they lose and the benefits are higher draft picks, potential embarrassment to expose Howie and even Lurie's own approach and maybe changes will come.

If Hurts continues playing bad and doesn't improve, they might bench him for a few games at the end of the season to see if one of the backups makes a difference.  Maybe it shows if the offense runs better under a different QB. maybe it validates Siri's playbook who knows.

My biggest concern is that we stick with Hurts all year then he gets thrown under the bus as the sole reason the season was a failure. Then we have to sit through another season with a different QB running this rinky dink "offense". While Hurts is undoubtedly bad, Siriani is worse. I've watched every eagles game since Buddy Ryan was brought in as head coach. This is the most poorly coached Eagles team I've seen in all that time. Its quite a feat. How this man got chosen to be in charge of anything is absolutely amazing. 

28 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

7xy9fvi8emv71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Midway through the 3rd quarter, Carr almost had as many completions as we did offensive snaps. 28 completions for Carr vs 34 offensive snaps for us. Siri accepting the penalty on 3rd down early in the game really sent us into a downward spiral. Couldn't get the defense off the field anymore and Sanders got injured.

Well I want the best pick possible so leave him In.

3 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

You can't bench a whole team. You can bench the most important position on the team who's playing like dog crap though. 

Why not? If benching one guy for someone less good makes us a little better, benching everyone for people less good must make us great! 

• Like 1

Nope. This whole season is to show how far Lurie and Howie- as a team.... have fallen. Keep this crap show exactly as is and sit back and marvel how badly Lurei and Howie chose coaches and players. They may make NFL history....on the wrong side. Let it burn all the way to game 17. Then we can all watch Lurie and Howie melt under the bright lights on the season ending press conference. Sell the team, Lurie- you had you time.

1 hour ago, Heavywchamp said:

It's not like Siri has some complex scheme or something. It's as vanilla as it gets. 

When Wentz was a rookie, they did quite a few things to help him. They ran the ball more, used the screen game, got him rolling out in the pocket for a simple pass to the TE. I don’t see Siri doing any of those things. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Our entire offensive scheme is built to coddle Hurts. He is 85% of our offense --- not because we don't have other weapons, but because this is how Hurts plays. 

I don’t think they’re coddling him. Coddling him would be giving him help. Get the running game going. 

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Agreed.  But I would be interested to see what Minshew can do.  These guys may be both competing for the backup job, we know Flacco isn't here past this year.

I agree.  I had been advocating for him all year, but last night sealed it for me.  He's regressing, not improving.  Made the Raiders D look like world beaters with a depleted secondary.

Hey, if Hurts keeps regressing then make the change but he played well against Atlanta and KC and had some nice come-backs against Carolina and TB. I’m sure Philly will love Minshew, he’s an underdog kind of guy with some fire. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Hey, if Hurts keeps regressing then make the change but he played well against Atlanta and KC and had some nice come-backs against Carolina and TB. I’m sure Philly will love Minshew, he’s an underdog kind of guy with some fire. 

The Giants smacked the Panthers around.  Not sure the Hurts come back is that impressive.

Atlanta sucks.

KC is a mess.

Tampa Bay was already on the plane home when they went up 28-7.

Hurts sucks.

No. And the reason is you simply don't bench a guy during their first year, they need to learn. Using the logic of some fans here, I guess Jacksonville should bench Trevor Lawrence because his numbers are even worse than Hurts.  Just go back and look at Carson Wentz's mediocre rookie season. 

Anyway, I still feel the same way I did before, in that coaching is the bigger problem here. Hurts is playing as inconsistent as I expected, but I didn't expect the coaching to be as awful as it has been.  Seriously, our defense just allows QBs to have career days against them.

• Thanks 1

peyton manning went 3-13, only completed 56% of his passes, & threw 28 int's his rookie year. 

:whistle: 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The Giants smacked the Panthers around.  Not sure the Hurts come back is that impressive.

Atlanta sucks.

KC is a mess.

Tampa Bay was already on the plane home when they went up 28-7.

Hurts sucks.

We suck though, and all those teams mentioned still have better records than us. Even the lowly Giants could probably beat us.  And last I checked, Hurts doesn't play defense.

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

peyton manning went 3-13, only completed 56% of his passes, & threw 28 int's his rookie year. 

:whistle: 

Great. So we just let Hurts finish this season and we will have a first ballot HOF quarterback on the Eagles for years to come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Perforator said:

Great. So we just let Hurts finish this season and we will have a first ballot HOF quarterback on the Eagles for years to come.

yes!

he needs to get those int numbers up though. 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yes!

he needs to get those int numbers up though. 

And win one more game 🙂