Week 7 poll, is it time to Bench Hurts

Bench Hurts  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Bench Hurts

37 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I don’t think they’re coddling him. Coddling him would be giving him help. Get the running game going. 

They are coddling him by designing an entire scheme around the RPO with only  passing elements that he likes. He has plenty of help if he chooses to use it. We have 3 exciting, young WRs, had 2 very good TEs, and a pretty good group of RBs with Sanders, Gainwell, and Scott. Distributing the ball to these weapons falls entirely on Hurts each play. It didn't take long for Ertz to have highlights with a QB that gets the ball out on time and placed accurately. 

I want him benched that way I can see all the beanbaggers blame all the same issues they will see on everyone else but the quarterback. You know just like last year. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I want him benched that way I can see all the beanbaggers blame all the same issues they will see on everyone else but the quarterback. You know just like last year. 

If he’s benched, we’ll see first hand how bad the OLine really is. 

47 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The Giants smacked the Panthers around.  Not sure the Hurts come back is that impressive.

Atlanta sucks.

KC is a mess.

Tampa Bay was already on the plane home when they went up 28-7.

Hurts sucks.

So you’re just a hater. You can’t give him ANY credit for the games he’s played well in. I neither like him or hate him. I’m just trying to objectively watch him play.

No one here actually thought this was a playoff team going into the season, did they? Even if we still had Wentz, we’d still have the same record, maybe and I say a big maybe 1 more win. But the defense is so porous it’s hard to beat anyone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

So you’re just a hater. You can’t give him ANY credit for the games he’s played well in. I neither like him or hate him. I’m just trying to objectively watch him play.

No one here actually thought this was a playoff team going into the season, did they? Even if we still had Wentz, we’d still have the same record, maybe and I say a big maybe 1 more win. But the defense is so porous it’s hard to beat anyone. 

He is not making any plays when it counts.  All garbage time.

On 10/25/2021 at 2:40 PM, Road to Victory said:

If he’s benched, we’ll see first hand how bad the OLine really is. 

Hurts has been bad for sure. No doubt about it, but so has this scheme, the defense, the coaching decisions,  the defense, and how it’s putting nearly all of these guys in a position not to succeed. I still don’t think this is a really good football team (they only won four games with a "real quarterback” last year), but it shouldn’t take the head coach nearly two months to realize he needs to run the ball and the effects it can have for quarterbacks. We just saw a guy complete over 90% of his passes in a game. Nearly every team that beat them ran the ball over 20 times and well over 100 yards rushing. There is so much blame to go around here and if people are dumb enough to think a new quarterback is the answer well give them what they want. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Don’t be too mad at him. His last poll was if Carson Wentz should talk or not. He’s still butthurt over the guy who plays for the Colts now.

Honestly, im indifferent. I don't care at this point. I want to see him develop. Seems like hes at a plateau. It doesn't help when hes the primary rb as well as qb. His accuracy isnt great but guys are dropping passes that hit them in the hands. Coaching on offense and defense is utterly trash.

Im just waiting for the next draft and hoping positions such as coaching and GM become vacant.

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

7xy9fvi8emv71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Yep - the D let the game get out of hand and then everybody blames Hurts if he can't score the next time he gets the ball.

We need some patience. There is absolutely no point in benching him now. Let it play out, see what we have. 

• Like 1

Hurts hasn't been bad, he's been abysmal. You have to watch the games to appreciate how bad he's been. Almost all of his stats come when they are trailing by double digits late in the game. The reason why his interception numbers aren't that bad is because don't throw the ball down the field, he throws unhealthy numbers at or behind the line of scrimmage.

No! Give him the whole year. It’s a win-win. If he continues to suck, we are top 5. If he lights it up (unlikely), we don’t reach on a QB in the draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Don’t be too mad at him. His last poll was if Carson Wentz should talk or not. He’s still butthurt over the guy who plays for the Colts now.

I think we all are, Wentz is  playing great now and I’m happy for him. I think it shows us how important coaching really is. The common denominator is Frank Reich. We don’t have a Frank Reich on this staff and look how Wentz and now Hurts are playing without a guy like that. Unfortunately, even if Reich ever became available, I don’t think he would want to get involved with this mess of an organization.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Actually, my last poll was should Hurts be benched after week 6.

So funny you resort to people being butt hurt about Wentz, when you are the #1 guy on this board who can't keep his name out their mouth.

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

I think we all are, Wentz is  playing great now and I’m happy for him. I think it shows us how important coaching really is. The common denominator is Frank Reich. We don’t have a Frank Reich on this staff and look how Wentz and now Hurts are playing without a guy like that. Unfortunately, even if Reich ever became available, I don’t think he would want to get involved with this mess of an organization.

Yeah I don’t think if Wentz were here you would feel any better, because even with all that great coaching that team currently has a losing record. All of the teams they beat have losing records. I think the bigger issue here is the crappy coaching job, and bigger than that is the poor draft selections, on top of bad contracts thanks to Roseman. The top of the line issue is the owner who seems to have sanctioned all this nonsense. Would Wentz fix any of the madness that surrounds the Eagles right now? I don’t think so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleMatt said:

Honestly, im indifferent. I don't care at this point. I want to see him develop. Seems like hes at a plateau. It doesn't help when hes the primary rb as well as qb. His accuracy isnt great but guys are dropping passes that hit them in the hands. Coaching on offense and defense is utterly trash.

Im just waiting for the next draft and hoping positions such as coaching and GM become vacant.

It is wishful thinking that Howie will be gone. I seriously doubt you will get a legit coach with Lurie and Roseman running the show either. Those two like controllable pieces. Clearly Sirianni is in over his head, but don’t expect the next coach to be much different from him. 

On 10/25/2021 at 12:35 PM, Road to Victory said:

When Wentz was a rookie, they did quite a few things to help him. They ran the ball more, used the screen game, got him rolling out in the pocket for a simple pass to the TE. I don’t see Siri doing any of those things. 

Eagles run a ton of WR screens 😂😂 Hurts seems to keep rolling out to his right by design or retreat. You're right about they refuse to run though. Keep in mind we have a very young and inexperienced coaching staff. Siri has no clue what he's doing and sticks with a vanilla offense that he claims is built for Hurts. 

47 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Eagles run a ton of WR screens 😂😂 Hurts seems to keep rolling out to his right by design or retreat. You're right about they refuse to run though. Keep in mind we have a very young and inexperienced coaching staff. Siri has no clue what he's doing and sticks with a vanilla offense that he claims is built for Hurts. 

What about a RB screen? That was always a staple in the Eagles offense with guys like Charlie Garner, Brian Westbrook, etc. They hardly ever run it now. It’s such a devastating play when it works. Take the steam right out of a defense. 

53 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

What about a RB screen? That was always a staple in the Eagles offense with guys like Charlie Garner, Brian Westbrook, etc. They hardly ever run it now. It’s such a devastating play when it works. Take the steam right out of a defense. 

The Chiefs run a bunch of shovel passes especially by the end zone. These types of plays can be effective when the are schemed and coached correctly. Meanwhile Sirianni hardly makes these guys practice. It shows on the field. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Chief run a bunch of shovel passes especially by the end zone. These types of plays can be effective when the are schemed and coached correctly. Meanwhile Sirianni hardly makes these guys practice. It shows on the field. 

That's 2 coaches in a row that had problems with trying to figure out how much practice to give the players.... After chip ran fats pace 6 days a week practices... Coincidence that 2 coaches now are afraid to practice or how much to practice?

Looking at you again FO

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's 2 coaches in a row that had problems with trying to figure out how much practice to give the players.... After chip ran fats pace 6 days a week practices... Coincidence that 2 coaches now are afraid to practice or how much to practice?

Looking at you again FO

The last two coaches were so afraid of injuries, but Chip’s players didn’t get injured nearly as often as these guy are now.  Of course many of these guys were in their 20s back then. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The last two coaches were so afraid of injuries, but Chip’s players didn’t get injured nearly as often as these guy are now.  Of course many of these guys were in their 20s back then. 

Some.of the veteran players complained about chips conditioning tactics but, they stayed healthy and we're in shape all season. You can't win really, you have to cater to these players these days. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Some.of the veteran players complained about chips conditioning tactics but, they stayed healthy and we're in shape all season. You can't win really, you have to cater to these players these days. 

It was difficult to keep that ridiculous regiment Kelly instilled. He treated grown millionaires like children. It wasn’t sustainable in the NFL, but there has to be some kind of happy medium of conditioning and protecting players. The Eagles missing the mark right now. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It was difficult to keep that ridiculous regiment Kelly instilled. He treated grown millionaires like children. It wasn’t sustainable in the NFL, but there has to be some kind of happy medium of conditioning and protecting players. The Eagles missing the mark right now. 

Remember when mid season Doug got pissed about how they were playing so he gave them a few hard practices and it lit a fire under their asses? So I'm wondering was that another Doug got tired of being told to run light practices so he hammered them on his own?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Remember when mid season Doug got pissed about how they were playing so he gave them a few hard practices and it lit a fire under their asses? So I'm wondering was that another Doug got tired of being told to run light practices so he hammered them on his own?

It’s possible. I certainly could see there were times where Doug bucked the FO requests. Personally I feel like Doug quit on the Eagles after they forced him to fire his coaches after he said they would be back. Despite how we all felt about Doug’s coaches they were still his guys. Forcing a bunch of other guys on him just created a mess where no one knew who did what. Sirianni is definitely not in a place where he can call his own shots yet. 

• Like 3