Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

1st episode of Boba Fett was decent.  I was less interested in the lengthy amount of screen time dedicated to him being a slave to sand people and digging for rocks then I was how he got to the place he is now.  Obviously they will get there, but the stuff with the sand people could have been shortened to still make the same point.

As for production quality, it's following the Mandalorian model and getting the look and feel of Star Wars right.  Directed by Robert Rodriquez, written by Favreau, produced by Favreau and Filoni.  That's a great trio.  

Tusken Raider is a beautiful language, like French, the way it almost rolls off the tongue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bill Burr's former stormtrooper character had a better story arc & character development in one episode of The Mandalorian than Finn in 3 movies of the sequel trilogy.

• Like 1

Filoni & Favreau just really nail the look & feel of SW while bringing in new characters, sets, planets, creatures and making it all fit seamless in the SW universe. 

These shows put nice attention to detail in the set design, costumes and locations. And i like what they've done with the original score music.

Also the use of concept art during the credits, the art has always been of interest to fans.

These guys just get it.

• Like 1

The Legacy of Boba Fett special on the history is pretty good too. Started out Lucas wanted about 100 of the costumes to be super stormtroopers. Budget made it too expensive so they changed him.

8 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Tusken Raider is a beautiful language, like French, the way it almost rolls off the tongue.

DE78FB55-E3EC-4C0D-9662-8EA5C282E44A.gif

• Haha 1

Not sure where the story with Boba Fett is going, but I like the show so far.  They use a lot of flashbacks and flashbacks during flashbacks.  :lol: 

What's really starting to piss me off about all of these cartoons, books, comics and video games that are now considered "Canon" is that they keep making weird changes to main characters.

So we go from The Emperor.... to Darth Sideous/Emperor Palpatine to now knowing that his name is Sheev Palpatine?  Sheev?????  Really?

And, I just discovered today that Jabba The Hutt has a full name.... It's Jabba Desilijic Tiure.... WTF?

What's next?   Are we going to find out that Yoda's real first name is Gary?

Spoiler

only on episode two. sand people lead by bobba fett hijack one train (barely) and the syndicate is going to really back off? action/fight scene after action/fight scene i no longer see how fett was this great fighter/gunslinger...he keeps getting his ass kicked and the draw dropped on him. 

• Haha 1

I liked episode 3.  The street gang was corny, but kind of fun.  Boba Fett has more guards now, which he needs since he is constantly getting his ass kicked.

16 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I liked episode 3.  The street gang was corny, but kind of fun.  Boba Fett has more guards now, which he needs since he is constantly getting his ass kicked.

That's the thing..... At least it would be believable if it were the dudes he fought at the bar..... Like an actual biker gang 

I was kind of meh on this episode. I like the idea of a Star Wars underground crime series and I'm enjoying this one but so far it's just OK.  Hopefully, once they finish with the set up it will start to pay off more.

I'm assuming the biker gang was Mod influenced, like from Quadrophenia.  I wonder if the largely negative reaction to it is the same in Britain as it is in the US.

I don't mind the cyborg biker gang that much. I did mind the chase scene where it looked like they were all going 5 mph, that was definitely weird. Was like watching old people on scooters in a dramatic chase. 

Anyway, I liked the episode, definitely building the backstory and arc of Boba Fett with Tusken Raider situation which is good. Giving him some personality and depth. Episode 2 still the best for me though.

• Haha 1

just rewatched the third episode after falling asleep the first time. sure it's been said before in the thread but they have out and out destroyed the myth of Fett.

we've gone from speeder bikes to moped chases. 

Better episode. This version of Boba is more interesting as a character, even if the show is just ok, entertaining enough. 

And the tease at the end...

• Like 1

I'm withholding judgment until it's over.... 

It's definitely slow.  Hopefully the payoff is worth it 

On 1/5/2022 at 2:43 PM, The_Omega said:

You mean the Seal barking? 😂  Omg I can’t stand it! 

I was happy to see that they introduced us to ChewBLACKa though.  Very woke season so far.