Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

10 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I'm withholding judgment until it's over.... 

It's definitely slow.  Hopefully the payoff is worth it 

They advertised the show as sort of a Star Wars mob type show right?  It's not going to be loaded with "pew pew" action and space ships.  It's criminal underground plus developing Boba's life after the sarlac pit.  

I never liked Boba Fett before, he was just a guy in a suit with limited screen time.  I actually like his character more now as the old grizzled guy who's been through a lot and is tougher and wiser.  

I had low expectations for the show, so what I like is that it's more SW content that is made by the right people so it gets the sets, costumes, tone and vibe right.  It's giving us SW content while we wait for something else.  Like the Bad Batch, it was pretty good but nothing you're overly excited about.  But it's still decent SW content.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DBW said:

You mean the Seal barking? 😂  Omg I can’t stand it! 

I was happy to see that they introduced us to ChewBLACKa though.  Very woke season so far. 

It's interesting that in the movies both OG and prequels they were seen as unintelligent savages.  Then in The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett there is more to them especially with Boba embracing their culture and understanding them.  They're kind of the victims and heroes in a sense in this show.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

It's interesting that in the movies both OG and prequels they were seen as unintelligent savages.  Then in The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett there is more to them especially with Boba embracing their culture and understanding them.  They're kind of the victims and heroes in a sense in this show.

Yeah I like how they’re telling their story.  Fun fact, I occasionally play on a hockey team called the Tusken Raiders.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DBW said:

Yeah I like how they’re telling their story.  Fun fact, I occasionally play on a hockey team called the Tusken Raiders.  

We'll expect periodic updates on your team's success.

• Like 1

still can't get napoleon krrsantan running away after the big showdown out of my head from previous episode...

giphy.gif

am glad john herder found some more work though.  did find some deleted book of bobba fett scenes with:

napoleon krrsantan practicing for combat using a jmbarr mumbrr pole...

4775436_orig.gif

another deleted  scene where bobba fett threatens one of the twins while napoleon krrsantan looks on (no, this is not pre-cgi)...
napoleon-dynamite.gif

deleted scene of fett taking out krrsantan and mos el def on a speeder bike with a slab of grilled bantha...

pedro-pegs.gif

and now, the past episode, ''i can't find my armor, i'll look in the sarlacc pit that i climbed out of, which is the last time i wore it.''

last straw, F this show. 

ps. just dawned on me i can just rewatch napoleon dynamite with the star wars sound fx recordings in the background and it's the same story:

A listless and alienated teenager assassin decides to help his her new friend win the class presidency  daimyo in their small western high school desert planet, while he the bounty hunter must deal with his bizarre family's life death back home.

Also, I don't care how big and strong the sarlacc is..... I'm pretty sure that a ship that is capable of launching into space and traveling at hyperspace speeds could generate enough thrust to rip its arms off....

Great episode, but there's a big reason why.

Spoiler

Surprised they dedicated a whole episode to him, I thought he would just be an add-on at the end.  Instead Fennick was the add-on at the end.  Curious if he'll be back this season at all or if this was setting up season 3.  Or if he'll return later in the season and they won't show him checking in on Grogu.

I was also surprised so much happened.  Reshaping the spear, him no longer being a Mandalorian because of the creed, getting a new ship, etc.  It was basically the first episode of Mandalorian season 3.  Even with the opening sequence I thought he'd end up connecting with Boba soon after but it was all him.  Also the cool image of him behind the plastic entryway where he looked almost like Vader with the dark saber.  I didn't get why the other Mandalorian fought him and looked like he was going for the kill, they said there were only 3 of them left why attack each other?  That was odd, but I guess they wanted to get him out of "The Way" and have him go off on his own again.

I thought at first she was uncovering a pod racer but it was something else from the prequels, a Naboo starfighter.  They have found ways to reference the prequels without you rolling your eyes remembering the bad parts.  And always cool to see X-wings.  The planet he was on in the beginning also had some similar looks as the Death Star surface.  They really do a great job with the look and feel of Star Wars in these shows.

50 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Reveal hidden contents

Surprised they dedicated a whole episode to him, I thought he would just be an add-on at the end.  Instead Fennick was the add-on at the end.  Curious if he'll be back this season at all or if this was setting up season 3.  Or if he'll return later in the season and they won't show him checking in on Grogu.

I was also surprised so much happened.  Reshaping the spear, him no longer being a Mandalorian because of the creed, getting a new ship, etc.  It was basically the first episode of Mandalorian season 3.  Even with the opening sequence I thought he'd end up connecting with Boba soon after but it was all him.  Also the cool image of him behind the plastic entryway where he looked almost like Vader with the dark saber.  I didn't get why the other Mandalorian fought him and looked like he was going for the kill, they said there were only 3 of them left why attack each other?  That was odd, but I guess they wanted to get him out of "The Way" and have him go off on his own again.

I thought at first she was uncovering a pod racer but it was something else from the prequels, a Naboo starfighter.  They have found ways to reference the prequels without you rolling your eyes remembering the bad parts.  And always cool to see X-wings.  The planet he was on in the beginning also had some similar looks as the Death Star surface.  They really do a great job with the look and feel of Star Wars in these shows.

Yea, this episode and the previous have been great! Hopefully they tie it up nicely in the next two. 

I’ve been disappointed in The Book of Boba Fett’s pacing and the fact he’s not cold enough, but it’s so nice to see the Star Wars stewards actually know and love the Star Wars universe.

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

Reveal hidden contents

I gave the tv screen the finger when the credits rolled. this episode came off as, well if this book doesn't work we'll have a safety net episode. John Favreau and Robert Rodriguez realized oh crap, the rednecks don't want to hear the blues, RAWHIDE!

Spoiler

THE DARK SABER IS MOI IMPORTANT TO OUR CLUB, WE MADE A BAD PLAY FOR IT AND ALL THE POWER IT REPRESENTS BUT YOU CAN'T BE IN OUR CLUB ANYMORE AND TAKE THE DAMN THING WITH YOU. 

F this show hard.

2 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

I gave the tv screen the finger when the credits rolled. this episode came off as, well if this book doesn't work we'll have a safety net episode. John Favreau and Robert Rodriguez realized oh crap, the rednecks don't want to hear the blues, RAWHIDE!

Reveal hidden contents

THE DARK SABER IS MOI IMPORTANT TO OUR CLUB, WE MADE A BAD PLAY FOR IT AND ALL THE POWER IT REPRESENTS BUT YOU CAN'T BE IN OUR CLUB ANYMORE AND TAKE THE DAMN THING WITH YOU. 

F this show hard.

Someone's grumpy today.  :lol:

Spoiler

Yeah that's the part I didn't get, shunning him for taking off his helmet.  There are 3 of them, they don't have the numbers to be so picky.  Although it showcases the difference between the "regular" Mandalorians like Bo Katan and the zealots that adhere to strictly.  Mando took of his helmet twice and one of the times was necessary for the mission to not blow his cover.  Bo Katan and her crew had loyalty to Mandalore and fought with honor and all that, without needing to always have their mask on.  They showed balance.  In Mandalorian season 2 he had that convo with Bill Burr's ex-stormtrooper about that.  I guess this was a way to seal that for him, he connected with the others but then realized he was shunned and for doing what he thought was right.

You're right, it was kind of out of place in the middle of the Boba Fett story.  Like I said, I was surprised the entire episode was about him.  If by chance someone doesn't watch this series then watches Mandalorian season 3 (is there going to be one?) then they wouldn't know what happened.  And they did a lot in this episode.

I think it would have been better to have Mando show up for a gun fight and have it be more like the Western style scene where they fight the enemy then he rides off into the sunset.  More of a cameo.  It was odd to have The Mandalorian season 2.5 happen in the middle of Boba Fett.  They way they did Ashoka in the Mandalorian was a better blend.

But, when you forget you're watching Boba Fett and just enjoy more Mandalorian content that alone is enjoyable.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NOTW said:

Hide contents

At first I wondered why...

Spoiler

they didn't just make this episode 1 of season 3, but I guess he will get involved with Fett and it will end in a way that transitions to season 3. 

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

At first I wondered why...

Hide contents

they didn't just make this episode 1 of season 3, but I guess he will get involved with Fett and it will end in a way that transitions to season 3. 

I think

Spoiler

They should have just had him show up in a smaller role and him using the dark saber and all that with a nice entrance and then fill in some backstory later when Mandalorian season 3 comes out.  

Unless they are just tying these all together and world-building.  There's the Ashoka series and some other Republic series and they are all supposed to culminate together in a final series or movie or whatever.  Boba Fett featured pretty prominently in Mando season 2 and Ashoka had her own episode so maybe they're just blending them all together.  It still did feel odd to do that much with it.  But, I love the Mando series and character so I enjoyed seeing it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

I think

Hide contents

They should have just had him show up in a smaller role and him using the dark saber and all that with a nice entrance and then fill in some backstory later when Mandalorian season 3 comes out.  

Unless they are just tying these all together and world-building.  There's the Ashoka series and some other Republic series and they are all supposed to culminate together in a final series or movie or whatever.  Boba Fett featured pretty prominently in Mando season 2 and Ashoka had her own episode so maybe they're just blending them all together.  It still did feel odd to do that much with it.  But, I love the Mando series and character so I enjoyed seeing it.

And Kenobi as well (which is supposed to start streaming "some time in 2022"), which presumably will all take place on the same planet. 

22 minutes ago, Gannan said:

And Kenobi as well (which is supposed to start streaming "some time in 2022"), which presumably will all take place on the same planet. 

That's a different timeframe, going backwards to prequel era before A New Hope again.  Same with the Andor show which is before Rogue One.

Ashoka is alive at that time though, so she could perhaps show up.  And Boba Fett theoretically could be in it.

• Like 1

Sorry, I loved it. The problem with Boba Fett is that he’s a bad guy. Lawful evil at best. They have put him in the position of protagonist and are having a hard time making it work. They’ve spent half the show, showing why he isn’t a stone cold killer anymore. They are trying to make the shoe fit. 

This episode answered a ton of questions that swirled around at the end of season 2 of Mando. Now, hopefully, that show will jump right into the action and move forward.

will Grogu be safe from Kylo Ren? He has beskar armor now, will the galaxy’s best dad stay the best dad, how will he get around, why bo katan failed, what will be his mission now that he finished his previous one. They covered a ton of information. My guess is also, without this episode, they’d have only done six episode of Boba Fett instead of seven.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I'm guessing they had to do a full episode to justify paying Pedro Pascal - he's probably the biggest star in the entire Star Wars franchise now. (Outside of the originals)

Very interesting technology they're using to make the new shows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Very interesting technology they're using to make the new shows.

I could see something like this combined with augmented reality glasses being the future of in-person entertainment. 

Just now, iladelphxx said:

I could see something like this combined with augmented reality glasses being the future of in-person entertainment. 

My friend has the Oculus, and the Darth Vader game. It's pretty awesome, very immersive and you forget you're in a living room. You are walking around Mustafar.