Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

Look. The show was kind of a mess. But I enjoyed it, and the last battle scene had great set pieces. …except I’m a little surprised they didn’t lead with the droids, or a bomb, or missiles, but hey, drama! 

Not sure if or when I’ll ever watch it again. But I’m excited for Mando 3, Obi Wan, and Ahsoka. 

3 minutes ago, Weaponx01 said:

But I’m excited for Mando 3, Obi Wan, and Ahsoka. 

I cant wait for these either. I saw online where there is something also around The Droid Story that is supposed to focus around R2D2 and C3PO?

little late but is iron maiden going to get paid royalties ?

So how many hours of training did Luke actually have? 

Figure a couple days with Obi Wan and a couple of days with Yoda, if that? 

Did he learn everything else on his own?   

Was Force Ghost Obi Wan training him? 

Did Yoda and Obi Wan stop training him after he left Degobah to rescue Han and Leia in Cloud City? 

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the Grogu thing 

22 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

so glad Fat Napoleon Fett is over.

Hide contents

you had a sturdy building behind you and you choose to hide behind a space wagon. that sums up how inept the writers were/have been. agree with everything else.

for the record, if you CAN'T hear a scream in space, you CAN'T hear someone tapping on a piece of plexiglass in space. 

Sound can travel through materials. 

The last episode was enjoyable but predictable; I'm not sure what the point of Boba Fett in his own series was though. He stood around a lot, laid down a lot but had nice teeth. Lots of other people did stuff that was more interesting by the end of it.

Would I take another series of that over the recent movies? Yes, every day of the week.

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Sound can travel through materials. 

agreed 

58 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

agreed 

Yes, and since he was tapping on the same literal spaceship that Mando was in, you could hear it. 

Have a nice day. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Yes, and since he was tapping on the same literal spaceship that Mando was in, you could hear it. 

Have a nice day. 

thank you, even through two separately sealed compartments ? if i recall, the android compartment is sealed apart from the pilot's compartment on an N-1 model of the naboo starfighter. 

you can't hear a scream in space but you can feel the smugness. 

13 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

thank you, even through two separately sealed compartments ? if i recall, the android compartment is sealed apart from the pilot's compartment on an N-1 model of the naboo starfighter. 

you can't hear a scream in space but you can feel the smugness. 

Yes. The compartments are on the same ship. The sound will travel through all the materials on the craft. 

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yeah..... That was terrible. 

That whole crew was terrible.... 

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Yes. The compartments are on the same ship. The sound will travel through all the materials on the craft. 

Calling BS please include sources.

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

Nice to see that Joan Jett and The Blackhearts are back on tour.

11 hours ago, Bill said:

Looks like someone has never heard of anti-vibration dampeners. 

"Cad Bane didn't look exactly like he did in the cartoons!"

Also the cartoons: 

Screenshot_20220212-210134_Instagram.jpg

Good final episode for Boba. The series as a whole was just weird pacing and story telling wise.  Like it didn’t know if it wanted to be a prequel or a sequel and decided why not both. Then let’s just go ignore the Main story of an episode and a half and see what the mandolorian is up to. Honestly, I feel like Disney+ could have taken a note from Those CW shows and had this show overlapping mandolorian season 3. Do the first 4 or 5 episodes of boba and give more story in the present, then when ready for Mando to come in, have that be the launch point for Mando season 3, then have mando’s second episode lead right into the boba season finale. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Good final episode for Boba. The series as a whole was just weird pacing and story telling wise.  Like it didn’t know if it wanted to be a prequel or a sequel and decided why not both. Then let’s just go ignore the Main story of an episode and a half and see what the mandolorian is up to. Honestly, I feel like Disney+ could have taken a note from Those CW shows and had this show overlapping mandolorian season 3. Do the first 4 or 5 episodes of boba and give more story in the present, then when ready for Mando to come in, have that be the launch point for Mando season 3, then have mando’s second episode lead right into the Mando season finale. 

Better yet: just make it a series that is all about post-ROTJ world that could run for 10+ seasons. 

On 2/12/2022 at 10:56 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Good final episode for Boba. The series as a whole was just weird pacing and story telling wise.  Like it didn’t know if it wanted to be a prequel or a sequel and decided why not both. Then let’s just go ignore the Main story of an episode and a half and see what the mandolorian is up to. Honestly, I feel like Disney+ could have taken a note from Those CW shows and had this show overlapping mandolorian season 3. Do the first 4 or 5 episodes of boba and give more story in the present, then when ready for Mando to come in, have that be the launch point for Mando season 3, then have mando’s second episode lead right into the boba season finale. 

I just finished it myself.  Was basically Mandolorian Season 2.5.  It was entertaining, but it seems weird that they didn't/couldn't/wouldn't just flesh out a basic story of Boba cementing his new role with the Hutt twins lingering a bit longer as early arc bad guys, before pivoting to the spice plot.  Could have paced it all out over 8 episodes, with smaller dollops of back story spread out over each.

I get that a lot of Jabba's gang was probably killed in ROTJ, but you would think he would have inherited a bigger group than just 2 Gamorean Guards..... 

It's kinda hard to be taken seriously if there are just 4 people in your gang 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I get that a lot of Jabba's gang was probably killed in ROTJ, but you would think he would have inherited a bigger group than just 2 Gamorean Guards..... 

They also had the African American wookiee, didn't they?

There was another step between Jabba and Bobba wasn't there? The Twi'lek dude.  But, it was odd that 2 guards were left, no catering, no Diversity officers

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

It almost feels like they were changing their mind while making the show.  He was working his way up in the mob world and gathering his team, earning loyalty from people he helped.  But it didn't seem like he DID very much once he got into Jabba's palace.  Adding Luke, Grogu and Ashoka was really out of place and the one episode that was entirely the Mandalorian was cool but all that stuff should've been in Mandalorian season 3.  Mando could have just shown up to get Freetown involved and help in the final battle and that would have sufficed.  If they wanted to utilize Amy Sedaris' character Peli Motto they could just have Mando stop by and request her help.  She could have built a weapon or upgraded a vehicle or something and contribute to the finale.

• Like 1