Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

Finally saw 1st episode of Fett.  Promising elements but sticking with washed up Morrison as the leads is very likely going to sink it.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Finally saw 1st episode of Fett.  Promising elements but sticking with washed up Morrison as the leads is very likely going to sink it.

A. Keep watching, it's more than you expect. 

B. I actually like Morrison's take on old grizzly Boba. He's been through battle, disgraced by Luke & Han defeating him in comical fashion in ROTJ, literally stripped of his armor and has to redefine himself before he gets his armor back.

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

A. Keep watching, it's more than you expect. 

B. I actually like Morrison's take on old grizzly Boba. He's been through battle, disgraced by Luke & Han defeating him in comical fashion in ROTJ, literally stripped of his armor and has to redefine himself before he gets his armor back.

That's the character.  What's hurting my eyes is Morrison trying to pull it off.  Dude was a half decent character actor for few indie flicks and got that gig.  He was never great then and he's terrible now.  I don't understand why they felt like he was irreplaceable, should have recast him.

And one hell of a imperial dental program!

Seriously though

Luke making him choose

:rolleyes:  .  I mean, how many times have Skywalkers bailed on training to go help their friends? Apparently you have to give up everything but hypocrisy to be a Jedi.

• Haha 2

On 2/5/2022 at 6:17 PM, Toty said:

He can't, the hat sorted him into Hufflepuff.

Whom he will be representing in the Hunger Games

10 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

By the way..... The chick who plays Fennic is 58 😳

Yo thats like older than both SB coaches put together!

17 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Ming-Na Wen, she was on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., got her big start on ER.  She's done a lot of voice over in cartoons for Marvel and DC as well.

20 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

EMB SW Ming Na Wen hot.jpg

On 2/8/2022 at 1:31 AM, iladelphxx said:

I’d hit it. 

• Like 2

It's interesting that the Star Wars and Disney+ social media give spoilers a day or 2 after the episodes air.  They already put Mando, Luke and Grogu in their marketing.  Probably to get people to watch who might not have cared about Boba Fett.  They did that with the Hawkeye show with promoting characters who showed up in that show as well.

I didn't realize this was the finale, only 7 episodes, although it was almost an hour long.  Those that were bored with the early episodes should be happy with all the PEW PEW! action.  

Spoiler

Too many moments where the characters stopped fighting and just sat there waiting...for another character to show up to save them.  Especially once Grogu shows up you know he's going to use the force, and Mando has the dark saber next to him but doesn't reach for it and just puts his hands up...for a long time...then Grogu saves him.

Fennick was with the bikers and sent them to help but where was she the entire time?  She waited all that time just to assassinate the leaders?  Could've done that after helping in the fight.

The Rancor was like the Rampage video game.  The episode felt like a kid taking their action figures and slamming them into each other. 

Also all the buildup to get Grogu to his own kind and Luke turns him away and stops training him because of his attachment...which is why Ashoka said she couldn't train him either.  I guess they have to write him away from Luke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

I didn't realize this was the finale, only 7 episodes, although it was almost an hour long.  Those that were bored with the early episodes should be happy with all the PEW PEW! action.  

Reveal hidden contents

Too many moments where the characters stopped fighting and just sat there waiting...for another character to show up to save them.  Especially once Grogu shows up you know he's going to use the force, and Mando has the dark saber next to him but doesn't reach for it and just puts his hands up...for a long time...then Grogu saves him.

Fennick was with the bikers and sent them to help but where was she the entire time?  She waited all that time just to assassinate the leaders?  Could've done that after helping in the fight.

The Rancor was like the Rampage video game.  The episode felt like a kid taking their action figures and slamming them into each other. 

Also all the buildup to get Grogu to his own kind and Luke turns him away and stops training him because of his attachment...which is why Ashoka said she couldn't train him either.  I guess they have to write him away from Luke.

Agree with pretty much all of you points.

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Post credits scene 

Thanks I didn't think there would be one.

But: meh.

I see no need for a Season 2,but I think it did its job of setting up Season 3 of The Mandalorian 

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

Reveal hidden contents

so glad Fat Napoleon Fett is over.

Spoiler

you had a sturdy building behind you and you choose to hide behind a space wagon. that sums up how inept the writers were/have been. agree with everything else.

for the record, if you CAN'T hear a scream in space, you CAN'T hear someone tapping on a piece of plexiglass in space. 

I just caught up and finished episode 7 last night. Overall I think it was pretty good. Some things reminded me of the Mandolorian series. I liked the Mando series more than book of Boba Fett but it was cool to see how Boba Fett's story evolved from ROTJ. 

2 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

so glad Fat Napoleon Fett is over.

Hide contents

you had a sturdy building behind you and you choose to hide behind a space wagon. that sums up how inept the writers were/have been. agree with everything else.

for the record, if you CAN'T hear a scream in space, you CAN'T hear someone tapping on a piece of plexiglass in space. 

Right. They went for a Western showdown but were standing out in the open getting pummeled instead of hiding behind any of the many objects around them...and stopped flying immediately which gave up the high ground...they didn't learn from Obi-Wan.

Maybe I'm just a SW fan boy, but a lot of this is overly critical. I like Star Wars because it's fun. The Book of Boba Fett was fun. 

Also...

Spoiler

Star Wars already threw out the "rules of space" thing in TLJ where they were dropping bombs WW2 style in space. Apparently in Star Wars, gravity exists in space. Star Wars is science fantasy, not science fiction. 

• Like 2