Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20220526-163402_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c96eb37fc84e8a18cd812bd6b56e0d23.jpg

There's an article about it on Vanity Fair with details but I used up my free article limit reading the other star wars article last week lol

Can someone post details? 

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

There's an article about it on Vanity Fair with details but I used up my free article limit reading the other star wars article last week lol

Can someone post details? 

Jude Law will star in a new Disney+ series set in the galaxy far, far away, opposite a group of four lost children trying to make their way back to their home planet. 

The show, titled Skeleton Crew, was formally announced Thursday at the Star Wars Celebration fan event in Anaheim. Vanity Fair's recent cover story, Star Wars: The Rebellion Will Be Televised, revealed that it was being executive produced by director Jon Watts and writer Chris Ford, who worked together on Spider-Man: Homecoming for Marvel.

"It’s the story about a group of kids, about 10 years old, from a tiny little planet who accidentally get lost in the Star Wars galaxy,” Watts told the crowd. "It’s the story of their journey trying to find their way home.”

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Jude Law will star in a new Disney+ series set in the galaxy far, far away, opposite a group of four lost children trying to make their way back to their home planet. 

The show, titled Skeleton Crew, was formally announced Thursday at the Star Wars Celebration fan event in Anaheim. Vanity Fair's recent cover story, Star Wars: The Rebellion Will Be Televised, revealed that it was being executive produced by director Jon Watts and writer Chris Ford, who worked together on Spider-Man: Homecoming for Marvel.

"It’s the story about a group of kids, about 10 years old, from a tiny little planet who accidentally get lost in the Star Wars galaxy,” Watts told the crowd. "It’s the story of their journey trying to find their way home.”

star-sthings_wars-696x365.jpg

nah. I was watching a Warriors WCF championship on my phone at a Royals-Twins game

Anyone else watch last night? 

Won't be abto watch til tonight maybe tomorrow. Looking forward to it. 

Anyone else watch last night? 

I went to bed around 11:30. I knew if I stayed up "just to watch a little", I'd end up watching both episodes and getting no sleep. I have work to do today.

11 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I went to bed around 11:30. I knew if I stayed up "just to watch a little", I'd end up watching both episodes and getting no sleep. I have work to do today.

Friday before a holiday weekend is always slow in the construction industry in our area.  Think I will start watching it after lunch at my desk.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Friday before a holiday weekend is always slow in the construction industry in our area.  Think I will start watching it after lunch at my desk.

I've been working from home Fridays for a while since nobody goes in (similar industry). I am just starting episode 2 as we speak

3 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I've been working from home Fridays for a while since nobody goes in (similar industry). I am just starting episode 2 as we speak

Spoiler

Holy crap, Flea as a bounty hunter, awesome.

Flea GIF - Find on GIFER

I never watched any of the cartoons beyond a few YouTube clips, but apparently people are complaining that her killing the Grand Inquisitor throws off the story from the Rebels show. (unless he's not dead) 

Another live action series announced today

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Hide contents

I never watched any of the cartoons beyond a few YouTube clips, but apparently people are complaining that her killing the Grand Inquisitor throws off the story from the Rebels show. (unless he's not dead) 

Well, things some details change in adaptations, this is only a 6 episode mini-series. But I also read some comments agreeing with your last sentence. 

I had to look up the one Inquisitor to realize it's Han from Fast & Furious. 

Gotta love some casting choices. Mandalorian had Bill Burr and made it work so why not.

Screenshot_20220528-084438_IMDb.jpg

Screenshot_20220528-084457_IMDb.jpg

Screenshot_20220528-084510_IMDb.jpg

ep3 Wed June 1st. Wednesday releases going forward. 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd.

• Like 2

Mon Mothma will be in Andor

Good grief Bobba Fett is horrible.  Kenobi is better but they sure succeeded in finding a little girl that is every bit as jarringly bad and annoying as the kid the did Anakin in the prequels.  methinks this whole Favreu/Filoni thing is way overblown if Mandalaroian is the high point and its like a 7/10.

• Like 1