Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

21 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I think the issue is more with her writing than her acting to be fair. Bunch of really awful lines. I dunno could be wrong.

That’s my thought as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEagle7 said:

I think the issue is more with her writing than her acting to be fair. Bunch of really awful lines. I dunno could be wrong.

It could be that, it could be directing, too. But to me, it's the delivery... which could be how she was directed, but I don't like the character because of how it's being portrayed (so far).

31 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Spoiler

21FBCDCC-D54A-4C7E-913E-0A20EDCF250C.jpeg

As a lifelong Trekkie, dating back to the early 70's at the earliest stirrings of my memory, I can say that I pretty much dislike a few Trek movies. The first movie was awesome when it came out, loved seeing them on the big screen, but it definitely doesn't hold up to some of the other movies. V was just bad and I didn't care for Nemesis. 

As for the new cast movies, they do have the title as being 'Star Trek', but I don't look at them that way. The first one, as a stand alone movie, was good. But I dismiss that series of movies as not being part of 'my' Star Trek. 

With Star Wars, I'm a big first trilogy fan. Loved all three of the movies, saw each one multiple times in the theater. The rest were more of a disappointment to me than anything else. 

The thing that irks me the most of anything though, is what Lucas did to the original trilogy, years after the fact. Altering them should be a crime, punishable in a court of law. Replacing old Anakin with Hayden Christensen at the end of Return of the Jedi, should be a 10 year prison sentence and forfeiture of all rights to any decision making with regard to the original trilogy. 

Disney should fix that abomination by releasing the theatrical versions of those three movies, immediately.  

• Like 3

I think the only way they can fix the plot hole now is to have Vader fight Obi Wan in the finale, lose badly, and then have Obi Wan drop a line like "You still have much to learn, my young Padawan" 

That would kind of tie things off with Vader's line in Episode 4....

I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, *I* am the master. 

It's predictable, and I'm guessing that's how they're going to justify it. 

When’s the release date for the Jar Jar Binks series?  Meesa can’t wait!

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I think the only way they can fix the plot hole now is to have Vader fight Obi Wan in the finale, lose badly, and then have Obi Wan drop a line like "You still have much to learn, my young Padawan" 

That would kind of tie things off with Vader's line in Episode 4....

I think you're giving these writers too much credit :lol: 

I think Vader's lines in ANH will still be fine.  It's just a cliche to say I was once the student, but now I'm the master type statement.  

I do find it hard to believe in 10 years Obi-Wan never heard that Anakin survived.  Was Vader just hanging out not doing anything all that time until then?  

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

I think Vader's lines in ANH will still be fine.  It's just a cliche to say I was once the student, but now I'm the master type statement.  

I do find it hard to believe in 10 years Obi-Wan never heard that Anakin survived.  Was Vader just hanging out not doing anything all that time until then?  

The books aren't "canon" anymore, but how they did it was kind of cool. There were Vader spottings and a lot of rumors. This was a really good one that addressed it

51xY2byR-UL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Screenshot_20220607-093917_Facebook.jpg

The bottom one was the worst - I figured they were trying to open the laser gate so they could steal that bus and cruise on through.  Nope, just walking :lol: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Screenshot_20220607-093917_Facebook.jpg

blazing-saddles.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/6/2022 at 11:29 PM, Gannan said:

The books aren't "canon" anymore, but how they did it was kind of cool. There were Vader spottings and a lot of rumors. This was a really good one that addressed it

51xY2byR-UL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_

They did some cool stuff with Thrawn and Skywalker/Vader in the books. Way too nuanced for Disney writers crayons, but followed on from the above.

I've never understood why Disney have not/won't produce a Vader standalone series. Done right, could spawn all sorts of good stuff that won't touch with the films; would make a change from the constant rebel stuff

On 6/6/2022 at 2:51 PM, NOTW said:

ah, hard to see, the dark side is. - Yoda Sense | Meme Generator

One random thing I have thought about the Star Wars universe as a whole, is media/news and communication.  The technology is advanced in many ways, but they don't have great personal communication devices like a smart phone to communicate directly to each other, take video evidence of things happening.  There's no news outlets sharing information.  

There seems to be a lot of lack of knowledge about what's going on, what happened in the past.  In The Force Awakens, some people think Luke Skywalker is a myth and it was only like 30 years prior.  Some groups or planets don't seem to know Jedi are real, the events of the war, you would think there would be news and propaganda. Some people seem to have knowledge about things when they travel from planet to planet.  But how does that news travel?  It probably doesn't fit in the style of the movies to cut to some galactic news channel reporting the news or getting into politically biased media for the Empire and for the Republic or whatever.  I just always thought it was funny with all the technology there's not news where people find out about things.  

Episode 4 was better.

Spoiler

Liked seeing Obi-Wan get his mojo back plowing through some stormtroopers and using the force.

Interesting to link Obi-Wan being burned, scarred and healing in a bacta tank to be similar to Vader.

They sure like using that bacta tank.  Boba Fett was taking a daily soak!

I wish this weren't so heavily about Leia. She's also way over confident and not scared and freaked out as any normal child should be.

54 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

This summed the episode up for me

5e45ed07b8a1976d4cc8adc4d73f5027.jpg

So cringe🤣

That was the dumbest part. 

Spoiler

It reminded me of cartoons or the Three Stooges when they sit on each other's shoulders and pretend to be a really tall guy.

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

That was the dumbest part. 

Hide contents

It reminded me of cartoons or the Three Stooges when they sit on each other's shoulders and pretend to be a really tall guy.

Spoiler

Haha. 

Not only does Obi Wan have a beard which no Imperial has, but he's walking funnily in an abnormally large green coat to hide a child - it's a like big neon sign saying look at this man, he's up to no good. 

Is that the best they can come up with?

• Like 1