Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Agree. I gave up the Zahn trilogy, the first book was boring.

Spoiler, Luke is kind of useless in the final battle 

Thrawn Alliances is better than Thrawn on account of the B story being good flashback between Anakin Padme and Thrawn and not Governor Pryce’s origin story 

Jfc. Talk about a bad idea. The deed is done with the Skywalker saga. They should just create a new saga. It can be all nice and woke.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 11:09 PM, NOTW said:

Agree. I gave up the Zahn trilogy, the first book was boring.

I went through the entire series on audio book. It was probably a better way to go, the guy that did the voice acting was amazing. 

as much as id like to forget some of the sequel trilogy, resetting it sounds ridiculous.

7 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

as much as id like to forget some of the sequel trilogy, resetting it sounds ridiculous.

It would be suicide imho.

On 7/8/2020 at 11:19 AM, iladelphxx said:

This "Doomcock" reminds me of "Super Shadow", though I will say...

After the financial success of The Force Awakens, Kennedy was foolishly given free rein to do whatever she wanted with The Last Jedi. The result was as sham. A crass and tasteless propaganda film. A shameless checklist of woke talking points overflowing with virtual signaling and contempt for what Kennedy perceives as the patriarchy, utterly devoid of narrative coherence, creative integrity, or anything resembling Star Wars.

f7FdEdG_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

On 7/8/2020 at 3:11 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

19 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

It would be suicide imho.

They shouldn't try to undo the recent trilogy it's way too soon.  But these are rumors from just some guy on the internet. 

IMO if they part with Kennedy and use Filoni and Favreau that's a great idea.  Just leave the recent trilogy alone and do new SW content.  Rogue One and The Mandalorian are a great blueprint.  And Solo even had some good pieces.  The Force Awakens brought back more real sets, puppets and practical effects and TLJ did bring some good elements. It's not all bad.  But just build on what worked and what didn't and move forward.

They need to rally and do an amazing Knights of the Old Republic story.  Don't get stuck on trilogies.  Plan out a story and do as many movies you need.  Is that 2, 5, 7?  Harry Potter, Hunger Games, etc. didn't have to stick to just a trilogy.  Likewise, maybe 1 or 2 movies is enough for a story...or make a TV show.

I think they need to leave the era of the original trilogy alone though.  Nothing more to mine there.  Mandalorian post-ROTJ is good.  Going older than episode 1 is good.  Doing side stories and bring in story lines from the video games.

They could also take the current cast from episodes 7-9 and do new stories with them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

They shouldn't try to undo the recent trilogy it's way too soon.  But these are rumors from just some guy on the internet. 

IMO if they part with Kennedy and use Filoni and Favreau that's a great idea.  Just leave the recent trilogy alone and do new SW content.  Rogue One and The Mandalorian are a great blueprint.  And Solo even had some good pieces.  The Force Awakens brought back more real sets, puppets and practical effects and TLJ did bring some good elements. It's not all bad.  But just build on what worked and what didn't and move forward.

They need to rally and do an amazing Knights of the Old Republic story.  Don't get stuck on trilogies.  Plan out a story and do as many movies you need.  Is that 2, 5, 7?  Harry Potter, Hunger Games, etc. didn't have to stick to just a trilogy.  Likewise, maybe 1 or 2 movies is enough for a story...or make a TV show.

I think they need to leave the era of the original trilogy alone though.  Nothing more to mine there.  Mandalorian post-ROTJ is good.  Going older than episode 1 is good.  Doing side stories and bring in story lines from the video games.

They could also take the current cast from episodes 7-9 and do new stories with them.

Great post.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, NOTW said:

agreed, those movies are what they are and the saga needs to be left alone. it had its run.

I still think that quick scene with lando at the end of TROS opened the door for the writers to go in another direction with the current cast.

I have to confess I  have never read any of the books out there. I am going to look into reading some of these other storylines. the knights of the old republic sounds like a good era to look into.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

That would be awesome.... 

awesome if this happens

Yes to Glover. :shrug: to Star Wars. The yes wins

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

They could do some movies about Luke Skywalkers kids

Did that ****ot! adopt some? Because last I knew, even in a galaxy far, far away, he can’t impregnate another dude’s butt! 

16 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Did that ****ot! adopt some? Because last I knew, even in a galaxy far, far away, he can’t impregnate another dude’s butt! 

I know someone that's read the books and has mentioned there's a bunch of Skywalker kids. Some that are pretty powerful

19 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I know someone that's read the books and has mentioned there's a bunch of Skywalker kids. Some that are pretty powerful

In the "book cannon” offshoots he makes kids with some female Jedi. His character just also seemed like he would be into boys in those films. NTTAWWT

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

In the "book cannon” offshoots he makes kids with some female Jedi. His character just also seemed like he would be into boys in those films. NTTAWWT

Don't know about all of that. Just that there's Star Wars books with Skywalker kids that are powerful

Does it matter if it's cannon? What they've done with non-cannon hasn't been great...