Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

23 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I know someone that's read the books and has mentioned there's a bunch of Skywalker kids. Some that are pretty powerful

I read most of the books that continue the story of Luke, Leia and Han after ROTJ film and Luke only had 1 kid, a son named Ben (guess who he is named after?), with a female Jedi named Mara Jade who was the Emperor's 'Hand', a Sith who secretly did some of his bidding.  Mara was sent to kill Luke on Tatooine when he was rescuing Han from Jabba.  She tried to get on Jabba's barge when they were going to dump Han and Luke into the sarlacc pit, but Jabba gave her the Heisman since Jedi/Sith mind tricks don't work on him. 

Most of the books I read take place 9 (starting with The Thrawn Trilogy) to 36 years (ending with The Dark Nest Trilogy) after ANH.  The biggest series is called The New Jedi Order where there's 16-17 books and 4-5 short stories that all tell one big arse story.  IMO that was the best series that I read.  Some of the series (like the Dark Nest Trilogy, after I read it I thought I should have stopped after The New Jedi Order series), most of which are 3 books, I either didn't care for or didn't find them all that captivating and entertaining.  There are other books just about Han, Lando, the new Young Jedi that Luke trained at the new academy he built and even books about Wedge and his squadron of pilots.  I read a few of those, but mostly stuck with the core main characters.  In all I think it was close to 50 books I read.

Han and Leia had 3 kids (oldest to youngest:  Jacen, Jaina and Anakin), all of whom had Force powers and became Jedi.  

On 7/24/2020 at 7:16 PM, Mike030270 said:

I know someone that's read the books and has mentioned there's a bunch of Skywalker kids. Some that are pretty powerful

I'm pretty sure all that with Mara Jade was in the old canon that isn't relevant anymore 

1 hour ago, devpool said:

I'm pretty sure all that with Mara Jade was in the old canon that isn't relevant anymore 

Yah cuz new cannon he likes to below dudes 

On 7/26/2020 at 12:32 PM, Agent23 said:

Yah cuz new cannon he likes to below dudes 

He swallows the blue milk.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

He swallows the blue milk.

That ish at Galaxy’s Edge is disgusting. 

42 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Really?  that rest/bar was the one reason I really wanted to go.

5 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Really?  that rest/bar was the one reason I really wanted to go.

The bar is pretty cool as is literally everything else about GE, but the moof milk is no good lol. Neither flavor. 

One aspect of the sequel trilogy that they got completely wrong was making the rebellion against the Empire seem irrelevant, because evil rose up again and the rebels were right back where they started, a small band fighting an Empire. Have a new threat, yes. But recycling the same major plot points was dumb.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:30 PM, Green_Guinness said:

I read most of the books that continue the story of Luke, Leia and Han after ROTJ film and Luke only had 1 kid, a son named Ben (guess who he is named after?), with a female Jedi named Mara Jade who was the Emperor's 'Hand', a Sith who secretly did some of his bidding.  Mara was sent to kill Luke on Tatooine when he was rescuing Han from Jabba.  She tried to get on Jabba's barge when they were going to dump Han and Luke into the sarlacc pit, but Jabba gave her the Heisman since Jedi/Sith mind tricks don't work on him. 

Most of the books I read take place 9 (starting with The Thrawn Trilogy) to 36 years (ending with The Dark Nest Trilogy) after ANH.  The biggest series is called The New Jedi Order where there's 16-17 books and 4-5 short stories that all tell one big arse story.  IMO that was the best series that I read.  Some of the series (like the Dark Nest Trilogy, after I read it I thought I should have stopped after The New Jedi Order series), most of which are 3 books, I either didn't care for or didn't find them all that captivating and entertaining.  There are other books just about Han, Lando, the new Young Jedi that Luke trained at the new academy he built and even books about Wedge and his squadron of pilots.  I read a few of those, but mostly stuck with the core main characters.  In all I think it was close to 50 books I read.

Han and Leia had 3 kids (oldest to youngest:  Jacen, Jaina and Anakin), all of whom had Force powers and became Jedi.  

He mentioned how one of the kids was like Anakin that could fix anything. Another had power over life. I think he gave his opinion that the books became canon because of the movies went a different direction so they said screw all of this from the books.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:23 AM, NOTW said:

One aspect of the sequel trilogy that they got completely wrong was making the rebellion against the Empire seem irrelevant, because evil rose up again and the rebels were right back where they started, a small band fighting an Empire. Have a new threat, yes. But recycling the same major plot points was dumb.

how did the rebellion fail so miserably as to allow the first order to come into such power and have such a military presence ? 

13 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

how did the rebellion fail so miserably as to allow the first order to come into such power and have such a military presence ? 

And in all the systems, no one wanted to help fight against the First Order despite seeing what happened with the previous Empire.  Until of course Lando gathered everyone at the end.  The FO blew up planets in the first movie but that didn't rally anyone.  Palpatine sent a message to everyone that he was planning something big, crickets.  But Lando somehow rallies everyone to show up at the end.  They just didn't plan things out well in their writing at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

And in all the systems, no one wanted to help fight against the First Order despite seeing what happened with the previous Empire.  Until of course Lando gathered everyone at the end.  The FO blew up planets in the first movie but that didn't rally anyone.  Palpatine sent a message to everyone that he was planning something big, crickets.  But Lando somehow rallies everyone to show up at the end.  They just didn't plan things out well in their writing at all.

agreed, they had a chance to to right the ship after the prequels, but somehow made an ever worse trilogy. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 12:01 PM, opengeo said:

My kids loved it 

I think it’s ok 

• Like 1

May get suckered into this as I’m into Star Wars games again. I’m playing the MOD version of KOTOR 2 at the moment 

1C630546-CFCA-4D35-926C-C2256485A355.jpeg

• Like 1

Finn had as much of a role in this trilogy as Han Solo in the original trilogy. STFU.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Agent23 said:

B708578B-11EA-4767-B909-834D38A44AFC.png

Probably got pushed to the side cause his character sucked and no one liked him. The writers didn't do him any favors but to assume it was because he's black is very 2020. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Finn had as much of a role in this trilogy as Han Solo in the original trilogy. STFU.

9 minutes ago, devpool said:

Probably got pushed to the side cause his character sucked and no one liked him. The writers didn't do him any favors but to assume it was because he's black is very 2020. 

Agree on both counts.  Didn't really 'feel' his character.  Like they tried to push it and make you like it, but it just lacked something.  Then again, I didn't really 'feel' the whole trilogy with how they basically rebooted the original trilogy with parallel storylines while adding these new characters that just failed to capture you as Luke, Han, Leia and Lando did.  Billy D did more in his limited time than Johnny did in his maxed time.

I've said from the get go that Finn/Poe should have been one character... 

If he's pissed, Oscar Issac should be even more pissed, because that chararacter was even less developed.

They should have had Finn/Poe be a Imperial Pilot who defects and it would have made things a lot cleaner.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I've said from the get go that Finn/Poe should have been one character... 

If he's pissed, Oscar Issac should be even more pissed, because that chararacter was even less developed.

They should have had Finn/Poe be a Imperial Pilot who defects and it would have made things a lot cleaner.

Yeah they really missed the spot on the hero trio.  Luke, Leia and Han represented the trinity of plots going on in Star Wars:  the Jedi/Sith, the Galaxy politics or actual "Star Wars", and the criminal underbelly respectively.  The Poe/Finn overlap meant too much solider stuff and no smuggler/bounty hunter stuff, which is exactly why Solo and Mandalorian feel like missing parts to the trilogy.

Poe/Finn should have been one character and the third should have been something along the lines of Benicio del Toro's character in TLJ.

I really liked Finn in TFA. Good back story and served as quality comedic relief. They could have developed that character easily but for whatever reason they decided not to and instead he just ran around screaming in the other two movies. But it has nothing to do with him being black jfc. On Twitter, Michael Rappaport advised Boyega to appreciate the tremendous opportunity he had at such a young age, but Boyega clapped back and now Rappaport is being canceled (not that he has a career anyway). This woke ish is everywhere. 

• Like 1