Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

5 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

he would've been better, the issue is the dialogue still sucked. 

Yep.  Christensen wasn't good, but the prequels had more than enough great actors in McGregor, Portman, Lee, Neeson etc.  The WAY bigger issues were writing and CGI.  

Hell look at the Mandalorian. Carl Weathers, Gina Carano, Amy Sedaris, Emily Swallow, Bill Burr, Timothy Olyphant are all mediocre at best actors.  Pascal, Esposito and Herzog are the "star power" in the show so far and none of them are even close to what they had in episodes 1-3. But with going back to practical effects and some respectable writing/directing...lo and behold it's a huge hit.

This episode was a really fun one. Best episode of the season so far, yea I know small sample size and not like the bar is that high, but I enjoyed it a lot. I won’t go into it too much since episode just dropped 2 hours ago, but they did a nice job of setting up some things for the show. Going to be a long week waiting, next Friday can’t get here soon enough. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

This episode was a really fun one. Best episode of the season so far, yea I know small sample size and not like the bar is that high, but I enjoyed it a lot. I won’t go into it too much since episode just dropped 2 hours ago, but they did a nice job of setting up some things for the show. Going to be a long week waiting, next Friday can’t get here soon enough. 

Directed by Bryce Dallas Howard too who caught a bunch of hate for her episode in season 1 (the 7 samurai one).  Good on her. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Directed by Bryce Dallas Howard too who caught a bunch of hate for her episode in season 1 (the 7 samurai one).  Good on her. 

She got hate for that? I liked that episode, it’s one of my favorites from season 1. 

56 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

She got hate for that? I liked that episode, it’s one of my favorites from season 1. 

Meh I didn't mind it but was definitely just meh for me. Classic but kinda overplayed plot. Plus I think in general people didn't like Cara Dune. 

47 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Meh I didn't mind it but was definitely just meh for me. Classic but kinda overplayed plot. Plus I think in general people didn't like Cara Dune. 

I see where you’re coming from, To each their own. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Great episode. Should have been the premiere. Really looking forward to the next one!

Would of been an awesome premiere! Cause the whole frog lady arc was basically pointless. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Would of been an awesome premiere! Cause the whole frog lady arc was basically pointless. 

Literally no point. Filler episodes. They pulled out all the stops this week. Starbuck, Bosch, Mr. Fring... and referenced Ashoka!!

9 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Literally no point. Filler episodes. They pulled out all the stops this week. Starbuck, Bosch, Mr. Fring... and referenced Ashoka!!

What’s Starbuck and the reference? I looked it up on google and it only shows the coffee place smh. I got so worried at first that the hooded woman at first was Ashoka and they took a weird route appearance wise with the character. 
I can’t wait to see Ashoka, one of my favorites

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dwide Schrude said:

What’s Starbuck and the reference? I looked it up on google and it only shows the coffee place smh. I got so worried at first that the hooded woman at first was Ashoka and they took a weird route appearance wise with the character. 
I can’t wait to see Ashoka, one of my favorites

Starbuck is probably a reference to an original Battlestar Galactica character, played by actor Dirk Benedict (aka Face from the TV show The A-Team). 

WWE's Sasha Banks was also in this episode, though very briefly, and will be back for the next couple.

So the first 2 episodes were just filler while this one had some action and got back to the story.  And now the debate as to why some Mandalorians take their helmets off while others don't is solved.  Also looking forward to seeing Ashoka as I know her from reading the books and the CGI TV show.  Though that's the younger version of the character, where now she'd be 20 years older (so Rosario Dawson could be a good choice to play her) and had survived Order 66. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, opengeo said:

I think you're gonna have to get used to filler episodes.  More than a few of em so far that introduced little-to-nothing as far as plot development. They can still be fun and give some idea of character development (eg the prison ship episode from last season).  But yeah they're nothing compared to these types of episodes. Fing loved it.  Good on Bryce.  

2 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I think you're gonna have to get used to filler episodes.  More than a few of em so far that introduced little-to-nothing as far as plot development. They can still be fun and give some idea of character development (eg the prison ship episode from last season).  But yeah they're nothing compared to these types of episodes. Fing loved it.  Good on Bryce.  

I understand but again why lead off the second season with two filler episodes? Really makes no sense. With so few 30min episodes per season... I’d hope we’re not done with these filler eps. 

On 11/15/2020 at 5:36 AM, opengeo said:

She played Starbuck in the remake. 
d2a4d4574d1129fbedf79ddf74c84d53.jpg

still one of my all-time favorite tv shows in this genre. 

• Like 1

loved this episode. i get the old west style storyline of a roaming hero/anti-hero  going from place to place, but it was nice to see the overall storyline get moving. being a huge fan of the animated series, it was awesome to see bo-catan in real life action. hoping to see more of her along with ahsoka. would be even better if they ended up connecting to ezra bridger somewhere along the line. 

• Like 2

I'm surprised none of the new shows or movies have gone to Coruscant ever since Revenge of the Sith.  Unless I missed something.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I'm surprised none of the new shows or movies have gone to Coruscant ever since Revenge of the Sith.  Unless I missed something.

Didn’t the empire blow Coruscant up? 

EDIT: nevermind I’m wrong. I thought I remembered a scene where Coruscant was blown up. Must of got it mixed up with something else. 

it is rather strange they don’t go back to it at all then. 

Just now, Dwide Schrude said:

Didn’t the empire blow Coruscant up? 

No.  At the end of Return of the Jedi they show celebration scenes on Coruscant.

The First Order destroyed the new home of the Republic in The Force Awakens, which was a different world called Hosnian Prime.  Some comments on reddit and other sites indicate they move the location of the Senate every few years to not make any one place the capital, and other comments said the New Republic wanted to distance themselves from the place that democracy died and the Empire took over.

Even so, curious none of the movies would travel there.

Just now, NOTW said:

No.  At the end of Return of the Jedi they show celebration scenes on Coruscant.

The First Order destroyed the new home of the Republic in The Force Awakens, which was a different world called Hosnian Prime.  Some comments on reddit and other sites indicate they move the location of the Senate every few years to not make any one place the capital, and other comments said the New Republic wanted to distance themselves from the place that democracy died and the Empire took over.

Even so, curious none of the movies would travel there.

I had looked it up right after I commented that, and realized I was wrong. Idk if you saw my edit. But yeah I think that’s what I got mixed up, and thought coruscant was the planet in Force Awakens. 

I’m not sure why they don’t either given it was such a prominent place, but it’d actually be really cool to see Mando eventually take a trip there. 

• Like 1