Golf

hey suess

He's cooled off since then but still a great shot at a 2nd player under 60

On 8/13/2020 at 10:29 PM, Dawkins 20 said:

The wife and I went out earlier this week and did a 2 person scramble. On the way to the course we both agreed that our goal was to shoot in the 70's. We shot an 80 :censored:. 40 on the front and 40 on the back. At least we're consistent?

Sounds awesome!  Nothing more I’d love than my wife being able to play golf.  
image.jpeg.a1eb258a5b5519a475c980cbcebc9da3.jpeg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, hputenis said:

Sounds awesome!  Nothing more I’d love than my wife being able to play golf.  
image.jpeg.a1eb258a5b5519a475c980cbcebc9da3.jpeg

:lol:

It's not too bad. She considers it to be an acceptable date night. I'll take it!

I'm on vacation this week. Golfing Monday with the old man and Thursday with my cousins. I've probably been out more this year than the last 3 combined. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

:lol:

It's not too bad. She considers it to be an acceptable date night. I'll take it!

I'm on vacation this week. Golfing Monday with the old man and Thursday with my cousins. I've probably been put more this year than the last 3 combined. 

Haha I’m actually jealous.  I would love if my wife could hit a golf ball, but I don’t think it’s in her DNA.  

I play 9 holes with her dad every Thursday night now at the same course.  They have a twilight rate of $20 and $1 beers.  She decided she wanted to get hammered this week and just drive me around in the cart, but she’s never played a round of golf.  On the first hole, I hit my 2nd shot on the green, and she ripped right through the cart signs and drove the cart onto the green.  😂  I thought my FIL was gonna beat her arse.  

• Haha 3

Shot an 81 and 85 this week. Then finished 3rd in a scramble.  The winning score was 19 under which we don’t believe for a second.

also....Karen Dechambeau wants you to stfu 

image.thumb.png.a6675bcaf2459cbb255669717b571fdf.png

Credit to DJ, but -30 in a playoff tournament is embarrassing. I know these guys are good and the technology is through the roof, but get creative with some of these course setups. Grow the rough out, give more challenging pins, anything. I lose interest pretty quickly when these guys just murder the courses. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I want a range finder.  But holy crap are they expensive.  Any cheaper suggestions out there.  Cause Bushnell’s are too much. Who has what?

Have you looked into just downloading an app?  There's a bunch of free ones out there that use GPS and can tell you the distance to the middle of the green from where you are on the course.  

There's a bunch of decent hunting rangefinders out there in the 100-200 dollar range - if you don't mind it being in camo :lol: 

On 8/28/2020 at 1:05 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Shot an 82.  Felt very sore and not too sharp. Probably helped to slow me down.  I got some serious breaks too.  Really could have shot an 86. Either way.  Feels good to scramble and score.  

Get under 80 yet?

This is just my opinion (still entitled to that for now, right?). I find these PGA tournaments when they are struggling to shoot par far more compelling than the 30 under abomination from last week.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Heck no.  Trust me.  If/when.  You’ll know.  

It is coming.

8 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

78 today and finished bogey bogey

Man you suck :nonono:

:P

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Man you suck :nonono:

:P

Totally

was really hot and we were walking. My legs were shot

22 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Totally

was really hot and we were walking. My legs were shot

I’m sure you were unhappy to drop two shots like that. The rest of us in here would love to have that result. 

On 9/1/2020 at 10:42 PM, Dawkins 20 said:

FB_IMG_1599014503094.thumb.jpg.0bc9c8d8c8be3459a5a99e641b63bee0.jpg

I pretty consistently have a slice, but if I line up to offset properly and land it in the fairway I can get 250+.  Problem is, about 4-5 drives then when I'm lined up to play the slice it does dead straight :lol: 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I pretty consistently have a slice, but if I line up to offset properly and land it in the fairway I can get 250+.  Problem is, about 4-5 drives then when I'm lined up to play the slice it does dead straight :lol: 

The struggle is real man. :lol:

• Like 1

Not to turn this into a meme thread, but this is so gawd damn accurate it's sickening. How many times have we all done the "better not go yet, I might hit them" only to...

golf-memes-lead.jpg.667796438c817cd06cc576b22ec0d8bf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2