Golf

hey suess

14 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I'd club up and aim slightly to the left on this hole all day....every day.  That has backstop written all over it.  And I'd still probably end up in the water.  😂

Right.  Long left is the spot.  You can't see it but the entire hole slopes severely from back left to front right.  Hit that back hill and if will likely flow down to the green or close.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Match play starting.  64 man bracket i landed in the group of death. of the initial 8 i am in, 3 of us have won club majors and 4 of us in are low single digits. I guess its still a refreshing change from seeding by handicap where i have to give 20+ shots in the first round.

First match this week, then club championship qualifying from the tip in two weeks. lived on the range this weekend.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Match play starting.  64 man bracket i landed in the group of death. of the initial 8 i am in, 3 of us have won club majors and 4 of us in are low single digits. I guess its still a refreshing change from seeding by handicap where i have to give 20+ shots in the first round.

First match this week, then club championship qualifying from the tip in two weeks. lived on the range this weekend.

Give us reports on how things go

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Welp I’ve been consistently in the 80’s for the past 2 months.  From the whites.  So there.  

My bad Now is better than my previous bad last year.  So I got that going for me.  

That's a nice spot to be.  Time to make some runs at breaking 80.

11 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Give us reports on how things go

80 from the tips today to warmup

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

80 from the tips today to warmup

Conditions?  Assuming neutral that seems like a solid warmup.  Are you a good match play player?  Grind it out consistent or more streaky?

Better stroke player than match as i make a ton of pars and not enough birdies

conditions were fine at 7200

59 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Better stroke player than match as i make a ton of pars and not enough birdies

conditions were fine at 7200

That's a haul and why 80 seems pretty good given what I know about your game which isn't much but I know you're a below a 5.  Knock 'em dead!

Yeah my index is a 4.

almost aced the 17th so that helped. Our 18th hole is a beast of a par 4. Ive birdied it twice in seven years 

6 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Yeah my index is a 4.

almost aced the 17th so that helped. Our 18th hole is a beast of a par 4. Ive birdied it twice in seven years 

Jealous!  Best I ever got down to was 8.

We have one par 4 (#14) that I've never birdied and it has been my home course now for 17 years.  Maybe this tourney is the time for you to get another one on 18.

Has anyone been watching Bryson DeChamblow since the PGA came back?  I couldn't stand him as a golfer, and now he's almost must watch TV.  I mean this past weekend was a joke.  He averaged 350 yard drives over 4 days.  It feels like he's cheating, but he's doing this against the best.  

I honestly want him to start winning some of the majors and go on a run, because the younger generation will all hit the weight room, and the PGA tour will slowly transition into linebackers playing golf.  

13 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It’s terrible for younger golfers and it’s not a sustainable plan.  Add in 40 lbs and swing the club as hard as you can?  Nope.  Not good for long term success.  The guy is a f-ing fruitcake.  He told a camera man last week that he was worried about his "brand”.  He’s slow and a good amount of the tour doesn’t like him.  His swing is hideous looking and don’t get me started on that hat.   

LMAO!  Everything you say is true, and I agree.  Especially that damn fedora.  His mathematics on every shot and his slow play are ridiculous.  My argument is that he's must watch TV.  He looks like an idiot, acts like an idiot, swings like an idiot........and I can't turn away.  

On 7/9/2020 at 7:02 PM, ToastJenkins said:

Lost one down shot a 78. He cut one of my birds

That sucks.  Was it close the whole way?

20 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Damn!!!!!  Shot an 82 but had a 7 on a par 4.  I’m getting so close.  

That's it!  Coupe of those close calls and then it will happen.

• Like 1

Yeah close the whole way i kept charging back to even just couldnt get a lead

two man match play sun

shot one under 35 last night in our league

• Like 2

Won the two man match play 4&3 and it wasnt that close. Was one under through 7

played a charity outing and shot 61 in a scramble

winner shot 54 🙄

• Like 2

On 7/10/2020 at 8:29 PM, ToastJenkins said:

No music on the cart, cretin

Blasting music is one of the best parts about golf.  That and my golf club cooler.  

image.jpeg.1a65c3d9ae6e2453100a02d2c41fe906.jpeg

• Like 1

No music. Nature is your music.

• Like 1

That's like putting ketchup on a really nice piece of beef.

What exactly are you playing thru that thing when you're teeing off or knocking down that important 5ft putt?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

No music. Nature is your music.

Just Stop GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

DrPhilly, I'm totally kidding.  I know certain golfers need their etiquette so I get it.  But if I didn't have this thing, I don't think I could relax while playing.  

Speaker.jpg

Been playing all year. Mostly 78-82. I played 9 the other day and shot 34. I need to just retire the driver and hit 3 wood off the tee. My score takes a hit every time from being inconsistent off the tee.

• Like 2

But what exactly are you pumping out thru the speaker and when? Just doesn’t fit in my book.