Golf

hey suess

On 9/4/2022 at 10:20 AM, DrPhilly said:

Ahh, I now see why the one inch hurts so much. One fine day..,

You've been mom threaded! 

And I played 9 holes last Tuesday with some friends.  My driver has gone to complete ish, and that was the one club in my bag I usually can rely on.  I lost 3 drives in the 'ukn woods and shot a 47 with a birdie on a par 5 finish.  

• Like 2

Our new greens have settled in perfectly and they've been great now for the last six weeks or so.  My "old man" game has also rounded out a bit as well.  Last two times out I've had a 41 on one of the nines.  Just need to put two in a row together.  If I can stop trying to be 35 again and keep the swing slow and smooth I should be able to get down into the low 80s most times out.

Funny thing about getting old is that it feels worse than it really is in reality.  I've lost one club in distance max, maybe just a half club.  It means a bit more with the driver as I'm approx. 20 yards shorter than I was just a few years back.  Still plenty of distance from the regular tees and not an excuse of any sort.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 11:14 PM, DBW said:

82 today.  💪 

Super round!

• Like 1

And her team won. Proud of the girls they battled a very hard course and finished 16 ahead of second place. Five play top four count

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Cool ass photo 

Can you even imagine having him as a dad teaching you golf...the whole car crash/divorce thing aside

17 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Set up a hitting net in the basement. Gotta work on the irons this winter

What size net? Are you getting a launch monitor as well? I wish I had room because there are some good ones on sale. One company has a 5x6 for small spaces, which might work if I don't hit my 56 or 60 degree.

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

What size net? Are you getting a launch monitor as well? I wish I had room because there are some good ones on sale. One company has a 5x6 for small spaces, which might work if I don't hit my 56 or 60 degree.

Mine is ten feet wide and about 7 feet high

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I wish I still had a basement.  Not for a hitting net.  For a place to hide, alone with my thoughts.  

...and no EMB, right?

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How would you suggest I was able to respond to you, if I didn’t have EMB?  Right?

If you were hiding in your basement with your thoughts I'd be perfectly ok if you didn't respond to me.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You make no sense.  Good talk. 

Agreed, carry on

A doctor, who specializes in skin diseases, will dream he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television, but not remember his dream.

On 11/23/2022 at 9:44 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I wish I still had a basement.  Not for a hitting net.  For a place to hide, alone with my thoughts.  

Be less poor

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 10:53 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

82 yesterday with falling apart on the last 3 holes.   3 wood has been ordered.  callwaypreowned.com.  That’s a dangerous place.  

Time to stop falling apart and close.  You've already gone under so no issue there.  Git 'er done.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 3:53 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

82 yesterday with falling apart on the last 3 holes.   3 wood has been ordered.  callwaypreowned.com.  That’s a dangerous place.  

Have you used it yet? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...