Eagles Message Board Affiliate Links

VaBeach_Eagle

Should be going up because I just made another amazon purchase with our link!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Should be going up because I just made another amazon purchase with our link!

I keep forgetting to use the link because sometimes it seems like it didn’t do anything by using it but I guess I should come and click on the link before I purchase stuff. I use amazon a lot

24 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

I keep forgetting to use the link because sometimes it seems like it didn’t do anything by using it but I guess I should come and click on the link before I purchase stuff. I use amazon a lot

Yeah nothing looks any different,  but it does work so definitely use it. 

Depending on the type of product you buy,  some result in a bigger or smaller percentage coming back to the board.  But anything we can get is worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

The board's ability to have ads vis AdSense, was suspended today, for 30 days. The reason being, because someone was clicking multiple ads to drive up board revenue.

If that's a member of the board trying to help the board, you're only going to hurt it by getting our AdSense account terminated. Please don't click on any ads, or the board will lose it's main source of revenue permanently. We still have a lot of money left from the GoFundMe, but we want to build up the account so that any upgrades that are needed in the future, are going to be funded without needing more donations. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 3:19 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If that's a member of the board trying to help the board, you're only going to hurt it by getting our AdSense account terminated. Please don't click on any ads, or the board will lose it's main source of revenue permanently.

I wasn't this guy, but I'm still confused about this sentence.I hardly ever click ads, but why can't we click on ads? I thought the purpose of hosting ads was to get people to click on them?  Seriously, just help me out here, lol.

39 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I wasn't this guy, but I'm still confused about this sentence.I hardly ever click ads, but why can't we click on ads? I thought the purpose of hosting ads was to get people to click on them?  Seriously, just help me out here, lol.

The reason that I'd really rather members avoid ads at all costs, is because someone may think that they'll really help the board by clicking an ad... just one ad, each day... or maybe every other day and by so doing, earn the board some revenue. 

AdSense (Google) would view that as 'invalid traffic' or 'click fraud' and at best, deduct all of that 'revenue' without us even sniffing any of it. At 'worse', they would suspend our ability to have ads for a month (which is where we are at the moment), and at 'worst', they would terminate our AdSense account and ban us from ever having an account with them in the future. 

So I would really rather all members avoid the ads as if they were contaminated with Covid-19, the Kooties and the Plague. That doesn't count for Fanatics or Amazon, only the AdSense ads. Clicking and using the Fanatics and/or Amazon links is (or can be) very helpful and is very much encouraged.

But clicking on the AdSense ads with the intent of earning the board revenue, could wind up losing us a lot of potential revenue (for years to come). 

Google has ways (supposedly) of telling valid 'clicks' from invalid ones and when they detect (or think they detect) the invalid ones, they give a warning but if they see it again, they just terminate the account. 

So to avoid accidental clicks that may look like 'click fraud', or even to avoid actual 'click fraud' which may have the best of intentions (to help the board earn money), I would really just rather members avoid the AdSense ads completely. 

Besides, the ads don't even need to be 'clicked' to earn us money. Just having some ads display on the screen, will earn us revenue. I just looked back over the season, and during one game (December 20th), we earned $6.20 just from all of the guest traffic (mostly in the game day thread).

The unfortunate thing is, there's no way of knowing if it was done by a member with good intentions, or from a non-member jerk who's purposefully trying to get our AdSense account terminated, and Google puts the responsibility/blame on us regardless of who it is and regardless of whether or not we have the ability to stop it from happening... and they offer no help in combating it. 

I hope that explanation made sense. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The reason that I'd really rather members avoid ads at all costs, is because someone may think that they'll really help the board by clicking an ad... just one ad, each day... or maybe every other day and by so doing, earn the board some revenue. 

AdSense (Google) would view that as 'invalid traffic' or 'click fraud' and at best, deduct all of that 'revenue' without us even sniffing any of it. At 'worse', they would suspend our ability to have ads for a month (which is where we are at the moment), and at 'worst', they would terminate our AdSense account and ban us from ever having an account with them in the future. 

So I would really rather all members avoid the ads as if they were contaminated with Covid-19, the Kooties and the Plague. That doesn't count for Fanatics or Amazon, only the AdSense ads. Clicking and using the Fanatics and/or Amazon links is (or can be) very helpful and is very much encouraged.

But clicking on the AdSense ads with the intent of earning the board revenue, could wind up losing us a lot of potential revenue (for years to come). 

Google has ways (supposedly) of telling valid 'clicks' from invalid ones and when they detect (or think they detect) the invalid ones, they give a warning but if they see it again, they just terminate the account. 

So to avoid accidental clicks that may look like 'click fraud', or even to avoid actual 'click fraud' which may have the best of intentions (to help the board earn money), I would really just rather members avoid the AdSense ads completely. 

Besides, the ads don't even need to be 'clicked' to earn us money. Just having some ads display on the screen, will earn us revenue. I just looked back over the season, and during one game (December 20th), we earned $6.20 just from all of the guest traffic (mostly in the game day thread).

The unfortunate thing is, there's no way of knowing if it was done by a member with good intentions, or from a non-member jerk who's purposefully trying to get our AdSense account terminated, and Google puts the responsibility/blame on us regardless of who it is and regardless of whether or not we have the ability to stop it from happening... and they offer no help in combating it. 

So in other words Google sucks! Lol 

Even though everything I own is Google 😜

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's clear. Seems like Google's policies are a little excessive and sort of burdensome to clients, but I guess we'll just work around them, haha.

On 4/11/2021 at 8:53 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

So in other words Google sucks! Lol 

Even though everything I own is Google 😜

If I didn't HAVE to, I wouldn't deal with them. But they run AdSense and that's the biggest ad serving service out there. 

On 4/11/2021 at 10:17 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

That's clear. Seems like Google's policies are a little excessive and sort of burdensome to clients, but I guess we'll just work around them, haha.

Yeah, for clients like us (who display ads). Of course, of you're someone who's paying for ads to be placed, they're serving them pretty well. If I was paying $500 a month (or whatever ad placements cost), I would definitely want the clicks (which each click deducts from the money paid), to be valid and not fraudulent. So I can understand it from that point of view. 

I just wish Google had tools for people like us, to fight it. But just the fact that it happened, they treat us as if we're trying to defraud someone.

If anyone is going to buy some Eagles gear between now and... well, any time, use our affiliate link and the board gets an 8% commission. https://fanatics.ncw6.net/qayvy

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If I didn't HAVE to, I wouldn't deal with them. But they run AdSense and that's the biggest ad serving service out there. 

Yeah, for clients like us (who display ads). Of course, of you're someone who's paying for ads to be placed, they're serving them pretty well. If I was paying $500 a month (or whatever ad placements cost), I would definitely want the clicks (which each click deducts from the money paid), to be valid and not fraudulent. So I can understand it from that point of view. 

I just wish Google had tools for people like us, to fight it. But just the fact that it happened, they treat us as if we're trying to defraud someone.

If anyone is going to buy some Eagles gear between now and... well, any time, use our affiliate link and the board gets an 8% commission. https://fanatics.ncw6.net/qayvy

Is it only eagles gear? Cause now isn't the best time for anyone to want eagles gear lol

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Is it only eagles gear? Cause now isn't the best time for anyone to want eagles gear lol

No, anything from Fanatics. Be it NFL, NBA or whatever they sell. I only follow the Eagles, so I never think of any team other than the Eagles lol. 

That link in my post that you quoted, leads to Eagles gear but any clicking around to other stuff would still be for the board. But here's a 'general, non-Eagles' link:  

https://fanatics.ncw6.net/PMrON

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No, anything from Fanatics. Be it NFL, NBA or whatever they sell. I only follow the Eagles, so I never think of any team other than the Eagles lol. 

That link in my post that you quoted, leads to Eagles gear but any clicking around to other stuff would still be for the board. But here's a 'general, non-Eagles' link:  

https://fanatics.ncw6.net/PMrON

I know I have bought items for other teams before ....... 🥸

Just was making sure this promotion wasn't for just Eagles gear just in case I want some other..... Nevermind you did not read this I was never here and thank you for.this board 

Lol

• 2 weeks later...

I got an email notification that our ability to display ads has now been restored. I'm going to leave them off for a while though (I have the ability to turn them on through the boards software). 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 9:32 PM, Road to Victory said:

Trade up. Maybe Smith?

Sorry, wrong forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Remembered to use the amazon link a couple times now hopefully we get a little bit.

7 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Remembered to use the amazon link a couple times now hopefully we get a little bit.

Here's the last 30 days:

Amazon.JPG

In the last 90 days, we've earned $8.88 total. Looks like for all of 2020, we earned just under $30.00.

ill try to keep remembering to click the link.. I spent $110 yesterday hopefully it counts 

Rakuten has a special for referrals from now until May 17th. If someone signs up with Rakuten using the link below, we'll get $40 for the board and the person signing up will get $40.

40.JPG

Below, in the spoiler box, are the details of how it works.

Spoiler

*Subject to the Referral Program Terms, Rakuten will pay you a $40 Referral Bonus through your Rakuten account for each Qualified Referral during the period beginning 12:01AM ET May 14, 2021 and ending 11:59PM ET May 17, 2021 (“Offer Period”). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Referral Program Terms, this offer is valid only if the referral signs up and completes their qualifying purchase within 90 days. You and your referral must be located in the 50 United States or Canada to qualify. Offer may be modified or cancelled anytime.

So if you sign up using this link: https://www.rakuten.com/r/KEVIN4388?eeid=28187 and you spend $40 or more, and the $40 that I get, will go into the boards bank account for future board bills. 

Right now, Fanatics is also giving 15% off through Rakuten. So the way you do it is, you sign up and once you have an account, you log into your account and search for the place where you want to buy something, Fanatics, for instance. Click on that store link and get to that site and make your purchases. 

Say you want to buy a jersey. You'll get 15% off from Fanatics and then you'll also get $40 back from Rakuten (assuming the Jersey was more then $40 to begin with). 

Even if all you ever use them for (Rakuten), is to earn the board $40, it would help on next year's hosting bill without needing to do the GoFundMe thing. 

• 5 months later...

Im am gladly about to use our affiliate link on amazon to purchase a new backpack leaf blower. Hopefully we get a good commission from it. 

And, it is ordered.

• 2 months later...

I just used our link again for some car detailing products with a gift card I got for christmas. Hopefully Im making bank for this place. 

• Like 1