Eagles Message Board Affiliate Links

VaBeach_Eagle

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I just used our link again for some car detailing products with a gift card I got for christmas. Hopefully Im making bank for this place. 

sadly i usually forget to use the link or know if it is working so i don’t even bother but i buy a lot off amazon to bad there isn’t something to attach to your account where purchases paid out a percentage 

I've used the Amazon link quite a bit over the last couple months (usually small purchases, but hopefully adds up). 🤞 they count.

On 12/29/2021 at 2:04 PM, HazletonEagle said:

I just used our link again for some car detailing products with a gift card I got for christmas. Hopefully Im making bank for this place. 

21 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

sadly i usually forget to use the link or know if it is working so i don’t even bother but i buy a lot off amazon to bad there isn’t something to attach to your account where purchases paid out a percentage 

6 hours ago, ontheroad2victory said:

I've used the Amazon link quite a bit over the last couple months (usually small purchases, but hopefully adds up). 🤞 they count.

So far, since we've had an Amazon affiliate account, looks like we've accumulated almost $90 from it. Which is nice, of course, but it's a tiny fraction of the amount of sales that have been generated. 

So I definitely encourage people to use it, because every little bit helps, but Amazon is pretty stingy with their affiliate referrals. 

49 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

looks like we've accumulated almost $90 from it.

It looks like I was mistaken, it's just over $60.

28 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It looks like I was mistaken, it's just over $60.

I think if more people used it we would be doing very well with it. 

They give a tiny portion. But I suspect you can count on 1 hand how many people have remembered to use it in the past year. 

15 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think if more people used it we would be doing very well with it. 

They give a tiny portion. But I suspect you can count on 1 hand how many people have remembered to use it in the past year. 

Yeah, and I've had so much going on here at home that I haven't really been able to focus on it a lot. But we're coming up on the new year and April will bring the new hosting bill due. 

Right now, we have $890 in the board's checking account. So we're around $600 shy right now (the hosting bill for last April was $1475.64). We should get a bit more from Google between now and April though, so we'll see. I would anticipate needing around $450 to $500 more from where we are at the moment. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, and I've had so much going on here at home that I haven't really been able to focus on it a lot. But we're coming up on the new year and April will bring the new hosting bill due. 

Right now, we have $890 in the board's checking account. So we're around $600 shy right now (the hosting bill for last April was $1475.64). We should get a bit more from Google between now and April though, so we'll see. I would anticipate needing around $450 to $500 more from where we are at the moment. 

I wish it would pay for itself but I'm sure that amount will not be a problem to raise donations.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'll just have to donate when or if it comes to that because unfortunately I don't buy from any of the affiliates. 

37 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I wish it would pay for itself but I'm sure that amount will not be a problem to raise donations.

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'll just have to donate when or if it comes to that because unfortunately I don't buy from any of the affiliates. 

I'm sure it'll all work out. If worse comes to worst and I have to cover the shortfall, I guess I could go a few months without eating... :huh: 

If we could get 100 members to sign up for Rakuten and meet the qualifications for the board to get the referral money, we'd be set for a couple of years. Right now, each qualifying referral will earn the board $30.

22 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm sure it'll all work out. If worse comes to worst and I have to cover the shortfall, I guess I could go a few months without eating... :huh: 

If we could get 100 members to sign up for Rakuten and meet the qualifications for the board to get the referral money, we'd be set for a couple of years. Right now, each qualifying referral will earn the board $30.

What the hell is a rakuten? I still haven't figured that out

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

What the hell is a rakuten? I still haven't figured that out

It used to be named Ebates. They have agreements with a lot of major retailers that will provide discounts to customers in the form of cash back. Depending on the site or store, it could be up to around 10% cash back. 

I've gotten about $300 to $350 (or so), cash back over the course of a couple of years (when I remember to use them). 

Right now, each referral that joins via the boards link and then spends $30 or more in qualifying purchases (within the first 90 days), the board will get a $30 referral fee. So if we got just 10% of the membership to join and qualify by buying things that they were going to buy anyway, the board would end up with around $4,500.

I know it's not going to happen, but it would be an easy way to raise a few years worth of hosting fees without anyone putting any money out that they weren't otherwise going to put out anyway. 

10 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It used to be named Ebates. They have agreements with a lot of major retailers that will provide discounts to customers in the form of cash back. Depending on the site or store, it could be up to around 10% cash back. 

I've gotten about $300 to $350 (or so), cash back over the course of a couple of years (when I remember to use them). 

Right now, each referral that joins via the boards link and then spends $30 or more in qualifying purchases (within the first 90 days), the board will get a $30 referral fee. So if we got just 10% of the membership to join and qualify by buying things that they were going to buy anyway, the board would end up with around $4,500.

I know it's not going to happen, but it would be an easy way to raise a few years worth of hosting fees without anyone putting any money out that they weren't otherwise going to put out anyway. 

They do have 2 of the stores I buy from almost weekly so I'll sign up when I'm ready to buy from them again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They do have 2 of the stores I buy from almost weekly so I'll sign up when I'm ready to buy from them again

Even if you only use it enough times to qualify for the board to get the $30 and then never use it again, it would go toward keeping the EMB online. 

I try to use it whenever I think to. When I first signed up for it, I used it a lot. But then little by little just kept forgetting about it. But I still use it from time to time. Most recently, at Western Digital's webstore to save... I think 5%.

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Did the Amazon one expire?  In your OP you said there had to be 3 purchases in the first 180 days.  Is it something you can add to your Amazon account like with local charities or schools or do you have to specifically click the link?

22 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Did the Amazon one expire?  In your OP you said there had to be 3 purchases in the first 180 days.  Is it something you can add to your Amazon account like with local charities or schools or do you have to specifically click the link?

Expire? No, we had the required number of purchases within those first 180 days. Like I said, Amazon is a bit stingy, but over the course of a year, if enough people use it regularly, it could add up to help with the hosting and software licensing bills. I don't know if it can be added like a charity, I have no idea how all of that works. 

This is our Amazon link: EMB Amazon Affiliate Link 

23 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Expire? No, we had the required number of purchases within those first 180 days. Like I said, Amazon is a bit stingy, but over the course of a year, if enough people use it regularly, it could add up to help with the hosting and software licensing bills. I don't know if it can be added like a charity, I have no idea how all of that works. 

This is our Amazon link: EMB Amazon Affiliate Link 

Thanks.  Do we know if it conflicts with other accounts linked for donating to our local school?  And is it on certain eligible NFL related products only?  

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Thanks.  Do we know if it conflicts with other accounts linked for donating to our local school?  And is it on certain eligible NFL related products only?  

That I don't know for sure. As far as I know, we only get the commission if you purchase something using our link to get to Amazon. As far as I know, once you close the browser and are finished, the use of our affiliate link ends. It's not a permanent sort of thing (as far as I know). 

The Amazon affiliate link is for anything purchased on Amazon (when you use our link to get there). With our Fanatics affiliate link, it's for anything purchased there. The type of product doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I just looked at the various things that bring in money for us, and since we began, the board has earned a total of $585.15. That's from the Google ads (for guests) as well as Amazon and Fanatics sales. 

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That I don't know for sure. As far as I know, we only get the commission if you purchase something using our link to get to Amazon. As far as I know, once you close the browser and are finished, the use of our affiliate link ends. It's not a permanent sort of thing (as far as I know). 

The Amazon affiliate link is for anything purchased on Amazon (when you use our link to get there). With our Fanatics affiliate link, it's for anything purchased there. The type of product doesn't matter. 

Ok cool.  A lot of people shop on Amazon a lot so we can give it a try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just looked at the various things that bring in money for us, and since we began, the board has earned a total of $585.15. That's from the Google ads (for guests) as well as Amazon and Fanatics sales. 

Yeah.

I think we could have made a TON more on Amazon. We need to think of a way to keep this at the forefront of people's minds without annoying ads. But people need regular reminders. Theres probably people here ordering on there every week. Every month, etc.

I know Ive used it a handful of times, but if I could get my wife to use it consistently we would be making commission pretty much weekly. And Im sure a there are plenty of other households similar. 

23 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah.

I think we could have made a TON more on Amazon. We need to think of a way to keep this at the forefront of people's minds without annoying ads. But people need regular reminders. Theres probably people here ordering on there every week. Every month, etc.

I know Ive used it a handful of times, but if I could get my wife to use it consistently we would be making commission pretty much weekly. And Im sure a there are plenty of other households similar. 

Maybe @VaBeach_Eagle can edit the topic title to something to get attention like "Use Amazon link to get free money for the EMB!"

Also maybe clean up the original post to be more clear?

22 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Maybe @VaBeach_Eagle can edit the topic title to something to get attention like "Use Amazon link to get free money for the EMB!"

Also maybe clean up the original post to be more clear?

Yeah, I've been wanting to re-make the thread for a little while, to kind of clean it up. I'll gather the links that we have and do that shortly.

• Like 2