Eagles Message Board Affiliate Links

VaBeach_Eagle

Just now, Cheesteakitis said:

Yes... I just placed another small order using the link on the first page of this thread see if that comes up.

It usually takes a day or so to show up, so the other one still may. Of course, not all items on Amazon are eligible for a commission. So if they don't show up, that's most likely why. 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It usually takes a day or so to show up, so the other one still may. Of course, not all items on Amazon are eligible for a commission. So if they don't show up, that's most likely why. 

Ok let me know what happens, hopefully it works 

So far, since early May, the various methods of financial support that I've set up for the board have generated:

Adsense: $20.70
Fanatics: $42.82
Amazon: $8.76

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So far, since early May, the various methods of financial support that I've set up for the board have generated:

Adsense: $20.70
Fanatics: $42.82
Amazon: $8.76

So right about 70 in a moth give or take. 

if it were to stay at that rate that’s 840 a year don’t think that’s bad. I’m sure it will change. But just for the sake of putting a number on it lol.. I’m sure more people will still find these boards, plus imagine if the eagles win it all again I’m sure there would be a big increase in people buying stuff then.

just out of curiosity, what's the yearly target to make the board self sustaining?

1 hour ago, ontheroad2victory said:

just out of curiosity, what's the yearly target to make the board self sustaining?

That's hard to say right now, because we only have a vague idea of how traffic will be during the season. That vague idea comes from our experience with the draft. As you may notice, on the main board index, down at the very bottom of the screen, you can see the most people that were online at one given time. That was from day one of the draft. We crashed under that traffic. So if we assume that gamedays will be even more busy than the draft, then we're going to need a higher hosting package that can handle that amount of traffic. 

How much traffic will that be? That's where some uncertainty is. Will it be 700 members? Will it be 350? We won't know until at least pre-season (assuming there will be a season). 

Off the top of my head, I don't remember exactly how much an upgraded hosting package will run, I think it was somewhere between $150 and $175 per month. That doesn't include the licensing fees for the board software, which (without looking it up), I believe is something like $200 per year (charged bi-annually). So as an annual goal, we'd want around $2,200 to $2,300. That could be a little less (or a little more), depending on what the actual figures are and those numbers are probably 'worst case scenario'.

Best case scenario would be that we don't need to upgrade from where we are right now... well, 'best case scenario' in terms of finances but that would mean pretty low activity during the season. But financially speaking, I think our current hosting package is around $600 per year so add to that the licensing fees and we'd be around $800 for a year.

I really do anticipate being forced to upgrade the hosting package though, based on how it went during the draft. At that time, I think we only had about 500 or 600 members. We're over 1,000 now and that grows (slowly), almost every day. 

So my goal is to think 'worst case scenario', and if upgrading isn't needed or isn't as expensive as GoDaddy initially told me it would be (during the draft while we were crashing), then the extra funds will go toward future years to keep the board going into the future. That's why I've been trying to get affiliates lined up and even some limited ads for guests. I'd like to have those various methods fund everything, rather than needing an annual 'fund raiser'. 

Good deal. Placing a small order with fanatics now. Any attempt to affiliate with Home Depot, Lowes, or Target? I just moved and will be doing some online shopping with all 3.

1 hour ago, ontheroad2victory said:

Good deal. Placing a small order with fanatics now. Any attempt to affiliate with Home Depot, Lowes, or Target? I just moved and will be doing some online shopping with all 3.

I haven't, but I can look into it. I'm still waiting for Walmart to make a decision.

41 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't, but I can look into it. I'm still waiting for Walmart to make a decision.

Any update with amazon orders?

24 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Any update with amazon orders?

No changes yet. 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No changes yet. 

Ok guess I chaulk it up to items not counting but I would think if that was the case it would still show the amount with no credit like the gift card did

Just now, Cheesteakitis said:

Ok guess I chaulk it up to items not counting but I would think if that was the case it would still show the amount with no credit like the gift card did

Let's try something. Go to the link that you used, and click it. Then, go back to it and click it again. Do that multiple times. That doesn't count for anything in terms of commission, but I'll be able to see if the clicks are registering. 

2 hours ago, ontheroad2victory said:

Placing a small order with fanatics now.

$1.98 shows up as the commission for your purchase. 

49 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Let's try something. Go to the link that you used, and click it. Then, go back to it and click it again. Do that multiple times. That doesn't count for anything in terms of commission, but I'll be able to see if the clicks are registering. 

$1.98 shows up as the commission for your purchase. 

Should have clicked on it 3 times 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Should have clicked on it 3 times 

Ok, I should be able to see if the clicks show up tomorrow. 

17 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Ok

I see the three clicks. I wanted you to do that just to make sure that the link was properly registering. 

• Like 1

The current state of affiliate earnings...

Fanatics:

Fanatics.JPG

Amazon:

Amazon2.JPG

Two people have signed up for Rakuten using my referral link, but haven't purchased the qualifying amount yet, so no referral commission has been paid (yet). If those two people do qualify (buy purchasing at least $25 worth of stuff using Rakuten), then the board will get $50 ($25 each).

Nobody has signed up for Fubo, but if anyone wants to know how to get local Philly channels using Fubo and a VPN, I can explain how to do it and if they sign up for Fubo and a VPN that we have an affiliation with, the board will get a nice commission from both services. I use Fubo rather than signing up for Sunday Ticket, and by switching cities on my VPN, I can usually get any NFL game that I want because the VPN makes Fubo think that I'm in that city, so I get that city's local channels. It's not fool proof, but it usually works for me to get any game that I want.  

On 6/27/2020 at 2:58 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Nobody has signed up for Fubo, b

Speaking of fubotv I just cancelled their subscription the **** finally get ESPN ABC and Disney channels. However they are dropping Turner networks which means no more tbs or TNT with the NBA being the only damn sport that is about to happen and TNT showing the majority of NBA games. Fubotv can go to hell I say!!

PS also going up to 65 a month. 

At this rate I might just get traditional cable and be done with it

On 7/1/2020 at 6:33 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Speaking of fubotv I just cancelled their subscription the **** finally get ESPN ABC and Disney channels. However they are dropping Turner networks which means no more tbs or TNT with the NBA being the only damn sport that is about to happen and TNT showing the majority of NBA games. Fubotv can go to hell I say!!

PS also going up to 65 a month. 

At this rate I might just get traditional cable and be done with it

If you decide at some point to go back to Fubo, don't forget that we have an affiliate link for them and the board will get a commission if you sign up with it. 

16 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If you decide at some point to go back to Fubo, don't forget that we have an affiliate link for them and the board will get a commission if you sign up with it. 

Well they offered it to me for another month for 10 bucks when I tried to cancel lol. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been online a whole lot for the past month, but I do check in every day, even if I don't post anything. 

I just checked the main affiliate links, here's the current breakdown:

Amazon to date: $12.06
Fanatics to date: $52.02
Adsense to date: $26.91

None of that's actually been paid out yet, but that's what's in the 'coffers', waiting to be paid out. The Adsense one might take a long time. They don't pay out until you reach $100. But of course, for now, funding isn't an issue. So it's not a concern. By the time funding is needed, hopefully the balances will have continued to grow.

• Like 1

pre-ordered a new phone last night. Going to use our amazon link to get a case and screen protectors. CHA-CHING!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

30 bucks of merch on its way. Hopefully we get something.

Amazon does pay a little (on some things), but of the affiliations that we have, they're the stingiest lol. 

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Amazon does pay a little (on some things), but of the affiliations that we have, they're the stingiest lol. 

yeah I figure it wont be much, but even if its 1% and everyone always remembers to use the link we should do alright.