Eagles Message Board Affiliate Links

VaBeach_Eagle

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Well that's good. It's very unlikely to happen but there was the smallest of chances. At least now you'll never have to worry

You never know, someone might not understand how it works and think.. "I'll really help out and get the board a lot of money..." click, click, click, click... and then I get the notification that there will be no more 'clicks' for me... 

"NO CLICKS FOR YOU!" 

6avz3.jpg.05ac54a177ebc99ea71e4e8f26b5c1c0.jpg

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

After further looking into it, I see that they do allow both a personal and a business account, so I set up a 'business' account and am now in the process of having that set up, and once approved, it won't be linked to my personal account. 

I just bought 75 dollars worth of crap I don't need from fanatics. Would you be able to tell if my order worked and some money get sent for the board?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You never know, someone might not understand how it works and think.. "I'll really help out and get the board a lot of money..." click, click, click, click... and then I get the notification that there will be no more 'clicks' for me... 

"NO CLICKS FOR YOU!" 

6avz3.jpg.05ac54a177ebc99ea71e4e8f26b5c1c0.jpg

LOL I read that in his voice too:lol:

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I just bought 75 dollars worth of crap I don't need from fanatics. Would you be able to tell if my order worked and some money get sent for the board?

Probably not immediately, but likely once it's actually charged (posts), I'll probably be able to see it. I had $25 in fan cash on Fanatics that I couldn't decide what to get with it, so early this morning I bought a new hat and an LII banner plaque, and that took a few hours to show up. I'll keep watching though and let you know once it shows up (assuming it does). 

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

LOL I read that in his voice too:lol:

I typed it in his voice lol. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

VAB :worthy:

Stash away some funds for a trip to Philly for a home game brother. 

@VaBeach_Eagle should apply for media credentials or get someone locally who can cover the team for the site.   Post some original content.  That will drive traffic and revenue.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I hope it's crap that you at least want, though lol. 

I wouldn't want anyone to buy anything that they don't want, just so that the board gets a commission. At the moment, the board has close to $3k left from all of the donations. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

@VaBeach_Eagle should apply for media credentials or get someone locally who can cover the team for the site.   Post some original content.  That will drive traffic and revenue.  

I've been kicking around the thought of adding a module that Invision has, called "Pages", where 'articles' can be posted. I just haven't fully convinced myself that it would be a useful addition. I'm not sure the Eagles/NFL will give us any credentials though. Not right away, anyway. We'd likely have to be pretty well established for that, but it's something that we can look into and work toward. 

Of course, I know which 'reporter' would get the Super Bowl credentials... :angel

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've been kicking around the thought of adding a module that Invision has, called "Pages", where 'articles' can be posted. I just haven't fully convinced myself that it would be a useful addition. I'm not sure the Eagles/NFL will give us any credentials though. Not right away, anyway. We'd likely have to be pretty well established for that, but it's something that we can look into and work toward. 

Of course, I know which 'reporter' would get the Super Bowl credentials... :angel

It’s worth applying whenever the season resumes.  This is now the primary message board for Eagles fans and I’d submit that qualifies you as much as other sites.   

And when you cover the Super Bowls ahead remember there’s no cheering in the press box.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

It’s worth applying whenever the season resumes.  This is now the primary message board for Eagles fans and I’d submit that qualifies you as much as other sites.   

And when you cover the Super Bowls ahead remember there’s no cheering in the press box.

Unless it’s an Eagles game and all of us reporters are there to back him up :flex:

56 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes, affiliate marketing can be another flow. you have an ecommerce site of sports stuff for other stores and get a cut on what we buy through the message board. Just another revenue stream off our backs 😇

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

I'd probably actually only want to go if it's the Eagles, and if I was in a press box and the Eagles were winning the Super Bowl, they'd just have to kick my Eagle a** out, I'm cheering! lol  

4 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

What happened to the Amazon one?

That one's approved, but their code is in HTML, so I have to play around with how to get that to show up properly. I created a free 'demo' board where I'm playing with that stuff, to make sure it works right. I don't want to 'experiment' on the live board until I pretty well know it's going to work right.

After I finish eating, I'll see if I can get it going properly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I hope it's crap that you at least want, though lol. 

I wouldn't want anyone to buy anything that they don't want, just so that the board gets a commission. At the moment, the board has close to $3k left from all of the donations. 

3,000!! You could of bought my crap!!! Lol! Just kidding . I mean I'll like it but definitely didn't need it lol

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

3,000!! You could of bought my crap!!! Lol! Just kidding . I mean I'll like it but definitely didn't need it lol

Yeah, but the upgrade that we'll have to do once the season arrives, will take a good portion of that money. One thing that we learned from the draft is that once we have games, we're going to need a more robust hosting package. I don't know if you were on during the draft, especially day 1, but shortly after it began, the site started having issues because we were maxing out our server resources. 

After talking to the host at that time (during the draft), the hosting package that they said would be best for us, will be around the $2000 per year range. 

So we do have a little bit of savings for the future, but I'd like to have things in place that will make the board self-sustaining so that it can basically go on 'auto-pilot' without worrying about funding. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, but the upgrade that we'll have to do once the season arrives, will take a good portion of that money. One thing that we learned from the draft is that once we have games, we're going to need a more robust hosting package. I don't know if you were on during the draft, especially day 1, but shortly after it began, the site started having issues because we were maxing out our server resources. 

After talking to the host at that time (during the draft), the hosting package that they said would be best for us, will be around the $2000 per year range. 

So we do have a little bit of savings for the future, but I'd like to have things in place that will make the board self-sustaining so that it can basically go on 'auto-pilot' without worrying about funding. 

I completely understand, I was just messing with you. I'll help the board raise money where I can. They had a good deal already going on finatics so I figured I might as well grab a few items and help us out in the process. 

I was on for the draft later like around 11pm and it was a little buggy even then. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I was on for the draft later like around 11pm and it was a little buggy even then. 

Below is a snip of our server resources, taken around 9PM of day 1... and that's not the 'worst' that it got. CPU usage hit 100% and Entry processes did too lol. 

Usage.JPG.2ed58391d243cadd15c538d396dd4871.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I just added a link to the first post, for Amazon purchases. I'm working on getting the 'Commerce' module working though, so there will be a permanent home for these links, other than a thread. 

On 5/3/2020 at 5:59 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

This link is for purchases on Amazon.com: https://amzn.to/3dlgm0l

For Amazon, the board will get 'up to' 10%, depending on what's purchased. The breakdown is listed below. 

amazon.JPG.1e6852a9b23d57a245ba43fb5bf84a92.JPG

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It just showed up. They don't count shipping or sales taxes when calculating the commission. So it wasn't quite $75. The board will get a commission of $5.40.

I'll have to dig into their terms, but if I'm reading it right, they'll 'lock' it in place on July 1st, and then I can have it deposited sometime thereafter. 

Incentive for mods: a percentage of the pie

Incredible. All of it.  Just so impressed with what you have done here.

• Like 1

I've set up a place for any affiliate links, it's up at the top of the board, next to the "Leaderboard" tab. It's the "Store" tab. The 'Support' tab is useless, so I'm going to see how that can be removed or hidden, but for now it just basically does nothing. 

Any new affiliate links will be added to the 'store' as they come in. 

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've set up a place for any affiliate links, it's up at the top of the board, next to the "Leaderboard" tab. It's the "Store" tab. The 'Support' tab is useless, so I'm going to see how that can be removed or hidden, but for now it just basically does nothing. 

Any new affiliate links will be added to the 'store' as they come in. 

Any others you are working on currently?

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Any others you are working on currently?

Dick's Sporting Goods is pending.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Dick's Sporting Goods is pending.

Dude, if you do that, i'm ordering everything through here.

• Like 1

What about airlines and hotels for traveling to Away games?