Where do you stand on QB for 2022

ManchesterEagle

Where do you stand on QB for 2022  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do at QB in 2022

• Hurts is the guy in 2022 and beyond - I'm convinced.
    • Roll with Hurts in 2022 with Minshew as back-up - see how it plays out.
    • Should be open competition between Hurts and Minshew in TC
    • Minshew should start
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson
    • Trade for Russell Wilson
    • Trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade up in first to get a QB (say who in the comments)
    • Stay put in first to get a QB (say who in comments)
    • Trade a low rounder for Kirk Cousins
    • Sign Teddy Bridgewater
    • Sign another free agent to compete with Hurts/Minshew (say who in comments)

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

Yeah, but Alex Smith also had "we're fine there" at HC. Reid is a good coach, but he still has the same flaws since he first started. Just look at the SB and how Reid choked that away with the "best" QB in the league.  He also had McNabb and a consistently top 5 defense, yet lost 4 straight NFC championships. But yeah, all we need to do is insert Mr. Stache and then SuperBowlz!

I'm not sure if Hurts is the guy, but he's the least of my concerns. I'm more worried about putting together a defense that can get opponents off the field, a head coach that is competent in play calling, and having a RB that can make it through 17 games a season.

We have a young coach who literally proved he could change an entire scheme for a team mid season... he's also worked with 5 QBs in 5 years if I'm not mistaken. Coach is fine. A QB who forced him to go to such a weak scheme should be a worry because it's regressive football. The defense definitely needs some help and nobody would argue that at all. I would love to see defense picked early and often, but that doesn't change the fact we have a glaring weakness in the QB room, and if you are weak there....no scheme will protect you from the DCs for two seasons. Also, running back by committee just seems to be the way of the league anymore. I honestly don't care if it's just a collection of good but not great kids coming out of school who get replaced every four years for awhile 

25 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

We have a young coach who literally proved he could change an entire scheme for a team mid season... he's also worked with 5 QBs in 5 years if I'm not mistaken. Coach is fine. A QB who forced him to go to such a weak scheme should be a worry because it's regressive football. The defense definitely needs some help and nobody would argue that at all. I would love to see defense picked early and often, but that doesn't change the fact we have a glaring weakness in the QB room, and if you are weak there....no scheme will protect you from the DCs for two seasons. Also, running back by committee just seems to be the way of the league anymore. I honestly don't care if it's just a collection of good but not great kids coming out of school who get replaced every four years for awhile 

I'm OK with RB by committee, but the guys we have can't even stay healthy doing that. I don't see the switch to a more balanced offense as being "weak."  It was more run heavy, but I'd take that over throwing it too much.  Nick did well to show he can make adjustments, but I'm just worried we'll have Reid 2.0.

16 hours ago, opa-opa said:

One thing that has bothered me through this whole Hurts discussion is people assuming that the Eagles are treating next season as just another experiment to see if Hurts can "prove himself".

I just don't think that the Eagles, or any team for that matter, have the luxury to waste two whole years on some experiment, and then just say "oh well it didn't work out" and just get rid of Hurts. It'll reflect horribly on the decision makers, like they have zero ability to judge talent.

IMHO the only way Hurts is gone after next year is if the season is a complete disaster. Like 4 and 13 and Hurts getting benched or gets seriously injured. And with the easy schedule and the increased talent on this roster I see that really really unlikely to happen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I believe the Eagles have a lot more faith in Hurts than we assume, and we better really really hope that they're right, because if not oh boy..what a huge waste in both time and resources.

I don't think Howie would have a problem with drafting a QB and making Hurts the backup

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

Yeah, but Alex Smith also had "we're fine there" at HC. Reid is a good coach, but he still has the same flaws since he first started. Just look at the SB and how Reid choked that away with the "best" QB in the league.  He also had McNabb and a consistently top 5 defense, yet lost 4 straight NFC championships. But yeah, all we need to do is insert Mr. Stache and then SuperBowlz!

I'm not sure if Hurts is the guy, but he's the least of my concerns. I'm more worried about putting together a defense that can get opponents off the field, a head coach that is competent in play calling, and having a RB that can make it through 17 games a season.

Chiefs lost because their tackles were injured and WRs were dropping TDs. Bucs really good defense took advantage of that

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I'm OK with RB by committee, but the guys we have can't even stay healthy doing that. I don't see the switch to a more balanced offense as being "weak."  It was more run heavy, but I'd take that over throwing it too much.  Nick did well to show he can make adjustments, but I'm just worried we'll have Reid 2.0.

9 conference championship games, 3 Superbowl appearances, and a ring.. I'll take that sustained success.  Also, I call it weak because it's one dimensional. Jalen threw 7td/7int in the last 9 games of the season. Even in a protective scheme, he wasn't efficient. His saving grace was his legs and that's what RBs are for.  He has not shown the ability to be an adequate passer, let alone one who can throw us into a game where the legs aren't enough. He went 7/7 against one of the weakest schedules I've seen in my lifetime. I'm hoping this year they just run Nick's actual scheme and see what happens. Hell, maybe we won't need both picks to get a good qb

15 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Rosen was terrible though. And if the Eagles go 3-13 under Hurts like I said they are perfectly justified to replace him. But the chance of that happening is very low since Hurts isn't terrible, he's just average. Which might even be worse since we will be stuck with am average QB for a long time.

The Eagles with a "good quarterback” from 2018-2020 17-21-1. Were you happy then? 

16 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

There it is.  More race baiting.  Give it a rest, you racist pig.  

What you talkin bout loser?  

• Haha 1

The Eagles have now said multiple times from multiple people in the organization that Hurts is their guy, but you all still ASSuming it will be someone else? 😂🤣😂

• Like 2

Excited about Hurts sure... Nothing wrong with that. But ultimately this is a huge year for him and if he doesn't take a huge step forwards then next year they'll be after a QB.

Regardless of where I stand on QB right now, I think that there should be some minimum compensation for playing QB in this league.

I don't think it's fair to start in the league while making less than around $750k to $1mil per game.

Both Hurts and Minshew are underpaid, especially Hurts.

They should get to the end of the year and get a bonus check for actual contribution/# games started or played.

These guys are making $1-2mil per year which is not enough and should be rewarded for playing the most difficult position.

Jalen Hurts took around $10mil worth of bs from fans and writers last  year, let alone the defenders trying to rip his head off.

No matter how we feel, it looks like we are stuck with Hurts.  He has plenty to improve on, so let's see if he can actually do it.  If his limitations  keep the team one dimensional, we are going nowhere fast and he will be long gone soon.  Just have to wait and see now.

4 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Regardless of where I stand on QB right now, I think that there should be some minimum compensation for playing QB in this league.

I don't think it's fair to start in the league while making less than around $750k to $1mil per game.

Both Hurts and Minshew are underpaid, especially Hurts.

They should get to the end of the year and get a bonus check for actual contribution/# games started or played.

These guys are making $1-2mil per year which is not enough and should be rewarded for playing the most difficult position.

Jalen Hurts took around $10mil worth of bs from fans and writers last  year, let alone the defenders trying to rip his head off.

This is the way the Players Union wants it. They were complaining before about guys that hadn't played a down in the NFL making more than veteran All Pros. So now rookie contracts are limited so proven vets can make more money. 

46 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

This is the way the Players Union wants it. They were complaining before about guys that hadn't played a down in the NFL making more than veteran All Pros. So now rookie contracts are limited so proven vets can make more money. 

Yes. I remember the instant multimillionaire busts of yesteryear.

I like how baseball has arbitration for 3 years where even the mediocre players get paid.

32 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Yes. I remember the instant multimillionaire busts of yesteryear.

I like how baseball has arbitration for 3 years where even the mediocre players get paid.

MLB doesn't have an actual salary cap.

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles have now said multiple times for multiple people in the organization that Hurts is their guy, but you all still ASSuming it will be someone else? 😂🤣😂

Not many intelligent people here.  What would you expect. 

• Like 2

Seems interesting that most of the same people who gave Wentz all of the credit for the wins and no credit for the losses are the same people giving Hurts all the credit for the losses, but no credit for the wins. I wonder why? 

• Like 1