Where do you stand on QB for 2022

ManchesterEagle

Where do you stand on QB for 2022  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do at QB in 2022

• Hurts is the guy in 2022 and beyond - I'm convinced.
    • Roll with Hurts in 2022 with Minshew as back-up - see how it plays out.
    • Should be open competition between Hurts and Minshew in TC
    • Minshew should start
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson
    • Trade for Russell Wilson
    • Trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade up in first to get a QB (say who in the comments)
    • Stay put in first to get a QB (say who in comments)
    • Trade a low rounder for Kirk Cousins
    • Sign Teddy Bridgewater
    • Sign another free agent to compete with Hurts/Minshew (say who in comments)

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

These takes are just bad. Wentz before he got hurt was like a bigger, more athletic Josh Allen. He was a lock for the MVP in 2017 before he got hurt. Hurts has never gotten anywhere close to that level.

I know it’s really hard for some of you to believe, but Carson Wentz played more seasons than just 2017 and that wasn’t his first season. For the record players get hurt all of the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

These takes are just bad. Wentz before he got hurt was like a bigger, more athletic Josh Allen. He was a lock for the MVP in 2017 before he got hurt. Hurts has never gotten anywhere close to that level.

Holy hell are we going to compare everyone to Josh Allen now??? They are the same exact height Wentz is 3lbs heavier and Allen ran the 40 4.76 Wentz was 4.77. 

Wentz stopped listening to coaches after 2017 and became a sheety teammate on top of it. I don't buy the getting hurt crap as to why he sucks now, anymore. Dude clearly doesn't give a sheet what anyone says and does what he wants and that's why he sucks now

It was 5 yrs ago let it go

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 2:31 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Holy hell are we going to compare everyone to Josh Allen now??? They are the same exact height Wentz is 3lbs heavier and Allen ran the 40 4.76 Wentz was 4.77. 

Wentz stopped listening to coaches after 2017 and became a sheety teammate on top of it. I don't buy the getting hurt crap as to why he sucks now, anymore. Dude clearly doesn't give a sheet what anyone says and does what he wants and that's why he sucks now

It was 5 yrs ago let it go

Yeah I've heard enough, "Rumors," about Wentz from two teams in a two year period.  It's hard for me to believe they are just rumors at this point.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 11:31 AM, Swoop said:

No. I'm saying that he was asked to throw an absurd amount with terrible weapons. 

Same situation McNabb was in. Plus, it's already been pointed out that the problems Wentz had weren't with the receivers. He had poor mechanics, turned the ball over too much, and made bad decisions. That wasn't the fault of the WR's.

Anyway, as I've said before, I wish the guy all the best, but I hope the Commanders stink!

51 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Same situation McNabb was in. Plus, it's already been pointed out that the problems Wentz had weren't with the receivers. He had poor mechanics, turned the ball over too much, and made bad decisions. That wasn't the fault of the WR's.

Anyway, as I've said before, I wish the guy all the best, but I hope the Commanders stink!

I'm not saying that some of Wentz's problems weren't his own, but let's stop pretending the 2016 offense was some juggernaut that he held back.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eaglesfandan said:

Yeah I've heard enough, "Rumors," about Wentz from two teams in a two year period.  It's hard for me to believe they are just rumors at this point.

Check the Fate of Former Eagles thread.  I posted articles and tweets from former players confirming stuff about Wentz.  Sproles wanted to fight him in the locker room because Wentz said the team winning without him didn't feel right.  Sproles said he's a Me guy and needs to become a Team guy real quick or he's gonna have problems.  :o

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Swoop said:

I'm not saying that some of Wentz's problems weren't his own, but let's stop pretending the 2016 offense was some juggernaut that he held back.

I don't think anyone really criticizes Wentz for 2016. Also, the 2021 offense was nothing to brag about. Smith should be a big time player at some point, but Ertz was a shell of himself, and Dallas is still growing. Sanders can't stay healthy, and none of our other WR's are worth mentioning. With all that said, offense wasn't a huge problem once they figured out they shouldn't throw 35+ times a game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/4/2022 at 5:23 PM, EazyEaglez said:

I know it’s really hard for some of you to believe, but Carson Wentz played more seasons than just 2017 and that wasn’t his first season. For the record players get hurt all of the time. 

I know its really hard for some of you to believe, but Carson Wentz threw for over 4000 yards, with trash receivers in 19..none of which had over 1000 yards btw and led the Eagles to the playoffs. Hurts, with that same crew, doesnt do that. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, 700Level4Life said:

I know its really hard for some of you to believe, but Carson Wentz threw for over 4000 yards, with trash receivers in 19..none of which had over 1000 yards btw and led the Eagles to the playoffs. Hurts, with that same crew, doesnt do that. 

And they won 9 games that year and were immediately bounced out of the playoffs so all in all kissing his beanbag over 4000 pointless yards nets you the same results over the quarterback you dopes hate so much. 🤷‍♂️ My bad it was actually worse for Mr. 4000 yards as he lost at home. Oh and how many years was the into Carson’s career when he finally hit the 4000 yard mark? Yet here you are ASSuming Hurts can’t do it and he’s only two years in. The blindness of the Wentz apologist is astounding. 

It's weird, but I somehow feel that Hurts would be perfect for a team like the 49ers, if they didn't already have Trey Lance.

Like Garoppolo, Hurts is a good game manager. And while he might not be that accurate, his mobility kinda compensates for that. All they need is someone to not F things up, and let the defense and Deebo win the game for them. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, opa-opa said:

It's weird, but I somehow feel that Hurts would be perfect for a team like the 49ers, if they didn't already have Trey Lance.

Like Garoppolo, Hurts is a good game manager. And while he might not be that accurate, his mobility kinda compensates for that. All they need is someone to not F things up, and let the defense and Deebo win the game for them. 

I'd agree with that. And so that's the thing here... If you put in place a really good D and you get creative on offense can you win with a guy like Hurts? I mean the Niners were not far away from winning with Garrapolo and those things in place. 

• Like 1

Minshew should start after the trade deadline ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s where all of us "stand.” Come September we will all be watching Jalen Hurts under center regardless of how anyone feels about it. 🤷‍♂️

I think with the saints trade and we now having two first round picks for next year, I think we go with Jalen Hurts for nex5 season and if at the end of the season it’s clear hurts isn’t the guy then use the draft capital to draft a QB in the 2023 draft. That’s how I think it will go. 

On 4/7/2022 at 7:19 PM, matchew88 said:

Minshew should start after the trade deadline ;)

He probably will! 

For the Bears.

• Like 1

Ideally, we only have one more long year of Howie's "I missed on Russell Wilson" experiment with Hurts.  Relax, lower your expectations for the position, and take it easy.

I am done with Jalen Hurts. He stinks.

Trade up for Kenny Pickett.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

I am done with Jalen Hurts. He stinks.

Trade up for Kenny Pickett.

I'm already done with Kenny Pickett. He hasn't done anything in 2022. He stinks. We need to move on. 

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I'm already done with Kenny Pickett. He hasn't done anything in 2022. He stinks. We need to move on. 

Even if we don't get Pickett, Jalen Hurts will continue to stink.

Just now, CouchKing said:

Even if we don't get Pickett, Jalen Hurts will continue to stink.

I'm sure it won't matter since nobody on the Eagles will ever improve, Howie will never draft a good player, and our good players will all be hurt. Even if it looks like we'll get a break, I'm sure the refs will still be out to get us. 

Woe is us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

If we do draft him it will take 3 weeks for that to happen 🤣🤣

On 4/7/2022 at 3:26 AM, opa-opa said:

I think he'd a great backup for Lamar. They wouldn't need to change the offense

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 9:49 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Here’s where all of us "stand.” Come September we will all be watching Jalen Hurts under center regardless of how anyone feels about it. 🤷‍♂️

On 4/16/2022 at 11:02 PM, EaglesIreland said:

I think with the saints trade and we now having two first round picks for next year, I think we go with Jalen Hurts for nex5 season and if at the end of the season it’s clear hurts isn’t the guy then use the draft capital to draft a QB in the 2023 draft. That’s how I think it will go. 

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

People need to accept that the Eagles are going with Hurts in 2022, but have built up draft capital in 2023 to make sure they have a good shot at a QB if Hurts can't improve sufficiently.

If they wanted Pickett or Willis, they wouldn't have traded away one of their firsts this year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

People need to accept that the Eagles are going with Hurts in 2022, but have built up draft capital in 2023 to make sure they have a good shot at a QB if Hurts can't improve sufficiently.

If they wanted Pickett or Willis, they wouldn't have traded away one of their firsts this year. 

Of course they are going to continue to whine about it though. The Eagles aren’t making any quarterback moves this season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's sad to see some of our fans so ready to just accept another throw away year, while embracing "mediocre" talent and hoping for miraculous development from a Wildcat QB. There was a time when this fanbase would be up in arms about substandard QB play.  Seems like apathy has set in.  I guess the best part is that we can go into next season with zero expectations for the team.  Just drink beer and relax on Sundays.  It is easier, for sure.

Thank you, Jalen.