Where do you stand on QB for 2022

ManchesterEagle

Where do you stand on QB for 2022  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do at QB in 2022

• Hurts is the guy in 2022 and beyond - I'm convinced.
    • Roll with Hurts in 2022 with Minshew as back-up - see how it plays out.
    • Should be open competition between Hurts and Minshew in TC
    • Minshew should start
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson
    • Trade for Russell Wilson
    • Trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade up in first to get a QB (say who in the comments)
    • Stay put in first to get a QB (say who in comments)
    • Trade a low rounder for Kirk Cousins
    • Sign Teddy Bridgewater
    • Sign another free agent to compete with Hurts/Minshew (say who in comments)

7 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

It's sad to see some of our fans so ready to just accept another throw away year, while embracing "mediocre" talent and hoping for miraculous development from a Wildcat QB. There was a time when this fanbase would be up in arms about substandard QB play.  Seems like apathy has set in.  I guess the best part is that we can go into next season with zero expectations for the team.  Just drink beer and relax on Sundays.  It is easier, for sure.

Thank you, Jalen.

Yep.  I don't know how mediocre being good enough happened.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It's frustrating, but I think it ties back to a whole new wave of fans that just don't get it.  Mediocre and average is never good enough at any position.  

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

It's frustrating, but I think it ties back to a whole new wave of fans that just don't get it.  Mediocre and average is never good enough at any position.  

The Sportscenter generation.  They are about highlights over real substance and winning.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

The Sportscenter generation.  They are about highlights over real substance and winning.

Well, here's to another year of needlessly spinning around in circles and running for no good reason at QB.  SportsCenter Top 10 every week and home for January.

3 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Well, here's to another year of needlessly spinning around in circles and running for no good reason at QB.  SportsCenter Top 10 every week and home for January.

Perhaps you should go watch the Commanders! Then you can watch your boy turn screen passes into negative plays and watch him throw the ball into triple coverage while you blame everyone but him for it! You know like old times. 😂

4 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

It's sad to see some of our fans so ready to just accept another throw away year, while embracing "mediocre" talent and hoping for miraculous development from a Wildcat QB. There was a time when this fanbase would be up in arms about substandard QB play.  Seems like apathy has set in.  I guess the best part is that we can go into next season with zero expectations for the team.  Just drink beer and relax on Sundays.  It is easier, for sure.

Thank you, Jalen.

:rolleyes:

Every single year, as fans, we hope for the best. If you know a single player that if added to this team guarantees a Lombardi Trophy at the end of the year, then we should get him. But let's quit with the overdramatic pretense. We all know there are no guarantees. The Eagles in 2017 were not considered a Super Bowl contender heading into the season. They weren't even a winning team the year before.  Kelce's speech at the parade will always be a reminder of the overwhelming negativity, criticism, and disbelief of even this fan base. We probably had no business winning it all that year, but we did. Not everything went our way, but the most important things did. So if you want to live in a state of perpetual pessimism, don't let me stop you. But I choose to look forward to each season and hope to see again a team that works together to overcome the critics, the doubters, the odds-makers, the pessimists, and the pseudo-scout fans that expect me to hold their frail hands while they cry and worry about things that haven't happened. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Perhaps you should go watch the Commanders! Then you can watch your boy turn screen passes into negative plays and watch him throw the ball into triple coverage while you blame everyone but him for it! You know like old times. 😂

Oh, how original of you!  What's next?  Let me guess...a beanbagger comment?

giphy-1.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

:rolleyes:

Every single year, as fans, we hope for the best. If you know a single player that if added to this team guarantees a Lombardi Trophy at the end of the year, then we should get him. But let's quit with the overdramatic pretense. We all know there are no guarantees. The Eagles in 2017 were not considered a Super Bowl contender heading into the season. They weren't even a winning team the year before.  Kelce's speech at the parade will always be a reminder of the overwhelming negativity, criticism, and disbelief of even this fan base. We probably had no business winning it all that year, but we did. Not everything went our way, but the most important things did. So if you want to live in a state of perpetual pessimism, don't let me stop you. But I choose to look forward to each season and hope to see again a team that works together to overcome the critics, the doubters, the odds-makers, the pessimists, and the pseudo-scout fans that expect me to hold their frail hands while they cry and worry about things that haven't happened. 

So cute, but we still have no QB.  

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

So cute, but we still have no QB.  

We have him, you just don't like it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, brkmsn said:

We have him, you just don't like it.

Thats true.  We do have a mediocre talent there. 

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Oh, how original of you!  What's next?  Let me guess...a beanbagger comment?

giphy-1.gif

I’m just trying to help you bud. For all the crying you do you can go be happy. 

59 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Thats true.  We do have a mediocre talent there. 

72738A3C-5310-4B75-AA36-31E180EB5F99.jpeg

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Still threw less ints, more TDS, more yards, higher completion percentage...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Still threw less ints, more TDS, more yards, higher completion percentage...

And still never won a playoff game, and mostly beat up on bum teams. Different style but same results yet Wentz had so many more opportunities….. Well if you love him so much you don’t have far to look for him. 🤷‍♂️

15 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Are you and Down Under trying to build a strawman so large you can see it from Space?  Nobody is aiming for mediocrity, it's just most of us realise an upgrade at QB isn't coming this season and no amount of pretending Kenny Pickett, Matt Corral and Malik Willis are an upgrade is going to change that, nor is 'Ryan Fitzpatrick if you bought him on Wish.com' Minshew.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Are you and Down Under trying to build a strawman so large you can see it from Space?  Nobody is aiming for mediocrity, it's just most of us realise an upgrade at QB isn't coming this season and no amount of pretending Kenny Pickett, Matt Corral and Malik Willis are an upgrade is going to change that, nor is 'Ryan Fitzpatrick if you bought him on Wish.com' Minshew.

Sounds like you want Twitter recreated here.  Think like us....or else. 

We are all resigned to the fact that the team isn't likely going to improve the position this year....but they did try with Russ AND Watson.  What's funny is you try to convince yourself that 5 or 6 young guys aren't better than Hurts as a player and for the organization. As has been noted in many places (and I agree), there are positions of more need driving the bus.  None of those actions are a rousing endorsement of the current QB. 

Add:  I'll give you credit for presenting a reasonable point.  We are just so bad in so many places that mediocre at that position just has to be acceptable for now.  Sad point, but true. That's much different than keeping him because of his current level of play, his talent, his upside, and potential development. 

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m just trying to help you bud. For all the crying you do you can go be happy. 

You have a big heart. 

5 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Sounds like you want a Twitter recreated here.  Think like us....or else. 

Irony is always entertaining.

16 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Thank you, Jalen.

16 hours ago, downundermike said:

15 hours ago, downundermike said:

5 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Irony is always entertaining.

And your point is?  I guess you are saying that others can't read and comprehend on their own.

Sorry that we recognize that the QB isn't good enough right now and you are willing to accept it as-is (mediocre).  I get it.  No QB is coming this year.  Not because ours is good enough, but because significant portions of the roster are so in need that the team has to stick with him.  What a great position to be in. 

16 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

And your point is?  I guess you are saying that others can't read and comprehend on their own.

Sorry that we recognize that the QB isn't good enough right now and you are willing to accept it as-is (mediocre).  I get it.  No QB is coming this year.  Not because ours is good enough, but because significant portions of the roster are so in need that the team has to stick with him.  What a great position to be in. 

I can't help it if you miss the irony of your own post. 

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

And still never won a playoff game, and mostly beat up on bum teams. Different style but same results yet Wentz had so many more opportunities….. Well if you love him so much you don’t have far to look for him. 🤷‍♂️

And mostly beat up on bum teams...you are talking about Jalen right? Dude didn't beat a playoff team all year. Colts beats bucs, Cardinals, Patriots, bills, 49ers..... Not bum teams at all. Just hating to hate I guess. It's just funny as hell your acting like your kicking down to Carson when reality is Jalen would have to punch way up to touch him as a QB.  Just heads up before you start your little "if you love him so much" rebuttal, I would be calling to replace Carson if he was the starter on this team atm because he isnt top 12 and even maxed out may never break top 10 again. You need one of those top 12 to stand a chance when the playoffs hit. Jalen maxed out maybe break top 15, but most of us doubt he can become a good enough passer to do even that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

And mostly beat up on bum teams...you are talking about Jalen right? Dude didn't beat a playoff team all year. Colts beats bucs, Cardinals, Patriots, bills, 49ers..... Not bum teams at all. Just hating to hate I guess. It's just funny as hell your acting like your kicking down to Carson when reality is Jalen would have to punch way up to touch him as a QB.  Just heads up before you start your little "if you love him so much" rebuttal, I would be calling to replace Carson if he was the starter on this team atm because he isnt top 12 and even maxed out may never break top 10 again. You need one of those top 12 to stand a chance when the playoffs hit. Jalen maxed out maybe break top 15, but most of us doubt he can become a good enough passer to do even that. 

Wentz won 7 games his first season as a starter, but none of you cried your Vajay jay’s off like you have now over it. Guess what? Jalen Hurts is your quarterback come September no matter how much you hate it. You can go watch Wentz stink up the joint in DC is you miss him that much.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz won 7 games his first season as a starter, but none of you cried your Vajay jay’s off like you have now over it. Guess what? Jalen Hurts is your quarterback come September no matter how much you hate it. You can go watch Wentz stink up the joint in DC is you miss him that much.

They tried to replace him over and over again this off season and have brought in multiple QBs for their 30 visits. By this time next year, Hurts will be in a contract season where he will be looking for adequate starting money.... I'd say somewhere 30 million a year range. If you think they will invest long term in a running QB who has not cleaned up a single weakness since his college years, that is completely up to you. I won't be rooting for Carson because his success makes us look bad. Also, he is a division rival and as a fan I hope he is awful. I hope I am completely wrong about Hurts, but I accept how the league has changed in the last 20 years and nothing about this offense says 2022...and that is completely from the lack of ability from the QB

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

They tried to replace him over and over again this off season and have brought in multiple QBs for their 30 visits. By this time next year, Hurts will be in a contract season where he will be looking for adequate starting money.... I'd say somewhere 30 million a year range. If you think they will invest long term in a running QB who has not cleaned up a single weakness since his college years, that is completely up to you. I won't be rooting for Carson because his success makes us look bad. Also, he is a division rival and as a fan I hope he is awful. I hope I am completely wrong about Hurts, but I accept how the league has changed in the last 20 years and nothing about this offense says 2022...and that is completely from the lack of ability from the QB

Jalen Hurts is going to be the quarterback come September no matter how you feel about it. Suck it up and deal with it or find someone else to root for. They had three first round picks and got no quarterback. According to all of you he’s the worst quarterback in football so even Jimmy G or Mayfield would be upgrades but they’re still with teams that don’t want them. If they wanted to replace Hurts they easily could have. They haven’t though so wake up. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Jalen Hurts is going to be the quarterback come September no matter how you feel about it. Suck it up and deal with it or find someone else to root for. They had three first round picks and got no quarterback. According to all of you he’s the worst quarterback in football so even Jimmy G or Mayfield would be upgrades but they’re still with teams that don’t want them. If they wanted to replace Hurts they easily could have. They haven’t though so wake up. 

They are better arm guys, but about equivalent as players (Jimmy a better winner actually), you don't want to marginally get better and then pay much more in salary. Your responses let me know you don't have much grasp of the entire situation so I'll just leave you alone. Keep writing your angry responses in crayon. Sorry I bad mouthed your obviously favorite player lol when you can discuss more than just emotional response, I'll teach you football