Where do you stand on QB for 2022

ManchesterEagle

Where do you stand on QB for 2022  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do at QB in 2022

• Hurts is the guy in 2022 and beyond - I'm convinced.
    • Roll with Hurts in 2022 with Minshew as back-up - see how it plays out.
    • Should be open competition between Hurts and Minshew in TC
    • Minshew should start
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson
    • Trade for Russell Wilson
    • Trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade up in first to get a QB (say who in the comments)
    • Stay put in first to get a QB (say who in comments)
    • Trade a low rounder for Kirk Cousins
    • Sign Teddy Bridgewater
    • Sign another free agent to compete with Hurts/Minshew (say who in comments)

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

And still never won a playoff game, and mostly beat up on bum teams. Different style but same results yet Wentz had so many more opportunities….. Well if you love him so much you don’t have far to look for him. 🤷‍♂️

2021 against playoff teams

Wentz, 58% completions, 14 TD's, 6 Int's, 4-5 record

Hurts, 57.2% completions, 8 TD's, 5 Int's, 0-6 record

35 minutes ago, downundermike said:

But how many TDs did Hurts run for against those teams?

Running TDs are six points on the scoreboard. Same as passing TDs.

54 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

They are better arm guys, but about equivalent as players (Jimmy a better winner actually), you don't want to marginally get better and then pay much more in salary. Your responses let me know you don't have much grasp of the entire situation so I'll just leave you alone. Keep writing your angry responses in crayon. Sorry I bad mouthed your obviously favorite player lol when you can discuss more than just emotional response, I'll teach you football

I can bring up multiple instances of the Eagles telling us Hurts is their guy. Show me any report where the Eagles officially have said they wanted any of these other quarterbacks. I’ll wait.

54 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Sorry but your 6 year vet god has a losing record against winning teams with a better team than the Eagan’s you’re bragging about it?😂🤣😂

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I can bring up multiple instances of the Eagles telling us Hurts is their guy. Show me any report where the Eagles officially have said they wanted any of these other quarterbacks. I’ll wait.

There have been rumors of the Eagles scouting some college QBs, inviting some QBs to visit, and even buying one QB prospect lunch.

Someone is kicking the tires on QBs. 

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sorry but your 6 year vet god has a losing record against winning teams with a better team than the Eagan’s you’re bragging about it?😂🤣😂

Not bragging about anything.  Just pointing out he was better than Hurts against playoff teams as you were pushing a false narrative.

32 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

But how many TDs did Hurts run for against those teams?

Running TDs are six points on the scoreboard. Same as passing TDs.

Hurts ran for 2 TD's against playoff teams, Wentz ran for 1.

3 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

There have been rumors of the Eagles scouting some college QBs, inviting some QBs to visit, and even buying one QB prospect lunch.

Of course they are.  This is the Quarterback Factory, after all.

The Eagles will likely take a QB late in the draft - they try to do that every year.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

Of course they are.  This is the Quarterback Factory, after all.

The Eagles will likely take a QB late in the draft - they try to do that every year.

#3 QB in the Eagles QB room is probably the shortest lived position in all of football

37 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He is their guy for now. They aren't lying there. Hell he may start for 2022, but they made it very obvious that they were trying to upgrade all off-season. They sent investigators to check out the Watson situation, they checked into Wilson, and they have brought in every QB in the draft....hell they wine and dined Pickett. If you can't see it, then it's on you. He won't make his money here and we will end up losing another season or two because we are waiting to see if below average can become average 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Show me any report where the Eagles officially have said they wanted any of these other quarterbacks. I’ll wait.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-gm-howie-traveling-watch-2022-nfl-draft-qb-kenny-pickett-sam-howell

https://www.sportscasting.com/eagles-news-howie-roseman-isnt-hiding-his-affection-toward-pitt-qb-kenny-pickett/

Philadelphia Eagles
  • Matt Corral, Quarterback, Ole Miss (COM, PRI)
  • Sam Howell, Quarterback, North Carolina (COM)
  • Malik Willis, Quarterback, Liberty (COM)

51 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

He is their guy for now. They aren't lying there. Hell he may start for 2022, but they made it very obvious that they were trying to upgrade all off-season. They sent investigators to check out the Watson situation, they checked into Wilson, and they have brought in every QB in the draft....hell they wine and dined Pickett. If you can't see it, then it's on you. He won't make his money here and we will end up losing another season or two because we are waiting to see if below average can become average 

"When you have players like that, they're like fingers on your hand. You can't imagine that they're not part of you, that they're not here. That's how we feel about Carson."

I wonder how Howie likes his stub.

See the source image

• Haha 1

Lol I was looking for that quote and realized I fell back into answering this guy and just decided to leave it alone 

• Like 1

Hurts/Minshew is a believable band-aid situation for this year.  Most of us don't like it.  But we've lived through worse.  And if Hurts turns out to be as bad this year as some around here seem to think he'll be, we'll bet picking at the top of the draft a year from now.

Anybody here missing Wentz?  It's not that I want him back.  I don't.  But I'm smart enough and honest enough to acknowledge that we wouldn't have gotten to the SB without him.

Drafting Hurts in the first place was dumb.  But now that we are where we are, keeping him for this year is the best strategy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

They checked according to whom? The media? According to the media they have traded for and signed every available player over the past two years. What do I keep telling all of you? Jalen Hurts will be the starting quarterback come September so it is truly pointless to keep whining about it. It’s not going to change no matter what any of us think or say so if you don’t understand that then I don’t know what to tell you. For the record I’m not sold on Jalen Hurts. I think very few are, but I’m willing to give the kid a chance because it’s not like any of us have a choice in the matter to begin with. So you can whine, complain, and be frustrated all of 2022 or you can hope for the best. If the kid fails he’s likely gone at the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Please bud. You can’t even be serious. 😂🤣😂 

3 hours ago, CouchKing said:

You guys are hoping on miracles and who is to say any of these quarterbacks would start for the Eagles in September. Funny in January most of y’all were saying this was a weak QB class. Now you ASSume they’re taking the Eagles to the playoffs. 🙄

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Not bragging about anything.  Just pointing out he was better than Hurts against playoff teams as you were pushing a false narrative.

He’s a loser against playoff teams, but I forget you guys don’t care about winning. You just want a quarterback who looks like a quarterback is supposed to when he throws into triple coverage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2022 at 6:33 PM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Oh, how original of you!  What's next?  Let me guess...a beanbagger comment?

giphy-1.gif

You get the same reaction in facebook groups. They'll say you're not a real fan or go root for the Commies because you must be a Wentz fanboy if you don't think Hurts is the future

They'll also go with the "why can't you just be happy and root for the team"

• Like 1

One thing that has bothered me through this whole Hurts discussion is people assuming that the Eagles are treating next season as just another experiment to see if Hurts can "prove himself".

I just don't think that the Eagles, or any team for that matter, have the luxury to waste two whole years on some experiment, and then just say "oh well it didn't work out" and just get rid of Hurts. It'll reflect horribly on the decision makers, like they have zero ability to judge talent.

IMHO the only way Hurts is gone after next year is if the season is a complete disaster. Like 4 and 13 and Hurts getting benched or gets seriously injured. And with the easy schedule and the increased talent on this roster I see that really really unlikely to happen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I believe the Eagles have a lot more faith in Hurts than we assume, and we better really really hope that they're right, because if not oh boy..what a huge waste in both time and resources.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

One thing that has bothered me through this whole Hurts discussion is people assuming that the Eagles are treating next season as just another experiment to see if Hurts can "prove himself".

I just don't think that the Eagles, or any team for that matter, have the luxury to waste two whole years on some experiment, and then just say "oh well it didn't work out" and just get rid of Hurts. It'll reflect horribly on the decision makers, like they have zero ability to judge talent.

IMHO the only way Hurts is gone after next year is if the season is a complete disaster. Like 4 and 13 and Hurts getting benched or gets seriously injured. And with the easy schedule and the increased talent on this roster I see that really really unlikely to happen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I believe the Eagles have a lot more faith in Hurts than we assume, and we better really really hope that they're right, because if not oh boy..what a huge waste in both time and resources.

The Cardinals were applauded for drafting Kyler Murray a year after drafting Josh Rosen.  

49 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The Cardinals were applauded for drafting Kyler Murray a year after drafting Josh Rosen.  

Rosen was terrible though. And if the Eagles go 3-13 under Hurts like I said they are perfectly justified to replace him. But the chance of that happening is very low since Hurts isn't terrible, he's just average. Which might even be worse since we will be stuck with am average QB for a long time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Rosen was terrible though. And if the Eagles go 3-13 under Hurts like I said they are perfectly justified to replace him. But the chance of that happening is very low since Hurts isn't terrible, he's just average. Which might even be worse since we will be stuck with am average QB for a long time.

So be happy you got a guy who can get 8-9 wins a year? Loser mentality. Alex Smith won Andy 10 games a year for awhile, but never could win it all. Andy made the move to go get that guy and look at their fortunes since then. Can't be contempt

5 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

So be happy you got a guy who can get 8-9 wins a year? Loser mentality. Alex Smith won Andy 10 games a year for awhile, but never could win it all. Andy made the move to go get that guy and look at their fortunes since then. Can't be contempt

Yeah, but Alex Smith also had "we're fine there" at HC. Reid is a good coach, but he still has the same flaws since he first started. Just look at the SB and how Reid choked that away with the "best" QB in the league.  He also had McNabb and a consistently top 5 defense, yet lost 4 straight NFC championships. But yeah, all we need to do is insert Mr. Stache and then SuperBowlz!

I'm not sure if Hurts is the guy, but he's the least of my concerns. I'm more worried about putting together a defense that can get opponents off the field, a head coach that is competent in play calling, and having a RB that can make it through 17 games a season.