Where do you stand on QB for 2022

ManchesterEagle

Where do you stand on QB for 2022  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do at QB in 2022

• Hurts is the guy in 2022 and beyond - I'm convinced.
    • Roll with Hurts in 2022 with Minshew as back-up - see how it plays out.
    • Should be open competition between Hurts and Minshew in TC
    • Minshew should start
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson
    • Trade for Russell Wilson
    • Trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade up in first to get a QB (say who in the comments)
    • Stay put in first to get a QB (say who in comments)
    • Trade a low rounder for Kirk Cousins
    • Sign Teddy Bridgewater
    • Sign another free agent to compete with Hurts/Minshew (say who in comments)

Carson’s first season as a starter. 

QB 11 16 16 7-9-0 379 607 62.4 3782 16 2.6 14 2.3 192 73 6.2 5.7 10.0 236.4 79.3 46.7 33 213 5.2 5.58 5.09 1 1 10

Jalen’s first season as a starter. 

QB 1 15 15 8-7-0 265 432 61.3 3144 16 3.7 9 2.1 143 91 7.3 7.1 11.9 209.6 87.2 48.5 26 150 5.7 6.54 6.35 2 2 17

Not even taking into account Jalen’s running side he basically was better than Carson and that’s considering Carson took over a 7-9 team and didn’t improve the teams win totals. Jalen took over a 4 win team and took them to the playoffs. I’ll add when Carson did this he was 25 years old. Jalen was 23. 

On 3/23/2022 at 2:58 PM, CouchKing said:

NFL Draft 2022: Eagles have had meetings with these 14 prospects this offseason - nj.com

Article by Chris Franklin of NJ Advance Media for nj.com

As of March 6, Eagles had met with other QB's(probably at Senior Bowl):

Corral, Howell, Willis, Strong

But, did the Eagles buy them dinner?

People like to read way too much into that. So they met with QBs (even though they are publicly backing Hurts).  It could just be due diligence to determine if they would have interest in any of these guys should they slide down the board somewhat ("QB Factory").  I'll bet teams with established starters met with them too.

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

QB 11 16 16 7-9-0 379 607 62.4 3782 16 2.6 14 2.3 192 73 6.2 5.7 10.0 236.4 79.3 46.7 33 213 5.2 5.58 5.09 1 1 10

QB 1 15 15 8-7-0 265 432 61.3 3144 16 3.7 9 2.1 143 91 7.3 7.1 11.9 209.6 87.2 48.5 26 150 5.7 6.54 6.35 2 2 17

Not even taking into account Jalen’s running side he basically was better than Carson and that’s considering Carson took over a 7-9 team and didn’t improve the teams win totals. Jalen took over a 4 win team and took them to the playoffs. I’ll add when Carson did this he was 25 years old. Jalen was 23. 

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

People like to read way too much into that. So they met with QBs (even though they are publicly backing Hurts).  It could just be due diligence to determine if they would have interest in any of these guys should they slide down the board somewhat ("QB Factory").  I'll bet teams with established starters met with them too.

I’ve given up debating on Hurts for now, but people need to accept that Hurts is only 23, had a solid first season as starter and that the Eagles want to give him 2022 to see how he can develop.

The recent comments from the Eagles make that absolutely clear. 

• Like 1

Hurts led the Eagles to playoffs in the same way Heinicke led the WFT to win the NFC East a year prior. 
 The Eagles beat a lot of bad teams with a running attack not seen in the NFL since the 1985 Bears, the question that remains is will they continue in 2022 with a Baltimore offense, or will they be more balanced? 
 I believe like most fans with any sort of common sense that Hurts will have to be successful in a 50\50 offense at a minimum  of running and throwing in 2022, and if he isn’t and the Eagles win 5-6 games, that puts them in better position to draft a QB in 2023, regardless if they draft one this month in rounds 2-3. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Blackfish said:

Hurts led the Eagles to playoffs in the same way Heinicke led the WFT to win the NFC East a year prior. 
 The Eagles beat a lot of bad teams with a running attack not seen in the NFL since the 1985 Bears, the question that remains is will they continue in 2022 with a Baltimore offense, or will they be more balanced? 
 I believe like most fans with any sort of common sense that Hurts will have to be successful in a 50\50 offense at a minimum  of running and throwing in 2022, and if he isn’t and the Eagles win 5-6 games, that puts them in better position to draft a QB in 2023, regardless if they draft one this month in rounds 2-3. 

That's true. And whilst a lot can, and will, change between now and week one... I saw earlier that the Eagles are projected to have the third easiest schedule in 2022. So they have an opportunity to potentially embed some good young players and have a favourable schedule. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's true. And whilst a lot can, and will, change between now and week one... I saw earlier that the Eagles are projected to have the third easiest schedule in 2022. So they have an opportunity to potentially embed some good young players and have a favourable schedule. 

Sorry, but that dope made a bs statement. Heinicke as a passer is pedestrian, and isn’t in any way as dynamic as Hurts as a runner. He also had a better weapon as a receiver and not the rookie the Eagles had and he had a far better defense yet still managed to only win 7 games last season and the year before played in one game. These guys just kind of make it up. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sorry, but that dope made a bs statement. Heinicke as a passer is pedestrian, and isn’t in any way as dynamic as Hurts as a runner. He also had a better weapon as a receiver and not the rookie the Eagles had and he had a far better defense yet still managed to only win 7 games last season and the year before played in one game. These guys just kind of make it up. 

I wasn't referring to the Heinicke stuff though just that we beat up on bad teams and we may have the opportunity to do so again this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I wasn't referring to the Heinicke stuff though just that we beat up on bad teams and we may have the opportunity to do so again this year. 

Not for nothing, but a year before the Eagles we’re that bad team. They only won 4 games, and really not much changed from the teams other than Smith and Hurts. For as much as people want to trash Hurts he was a key part of that team. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not for nothing, but a year before the Eagles we’re that bad team. They only won 4 games, and really not much changed from the teams other than Smith and Hurts. For as much as people want to trash Hurts he was a key part of that team. 

I don't disagree with you there. Though to be fair Wentz was so bad in 2020 that he hindered the team badly. The trouble is I think the Eagles are going to be exactly what they have been mostly under Howie... An average team. 

19 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

An easy schedule doesn't really help us, I'd rather have a really hard schedule, at least Hurts would be truly tested by playing against all these great teams, and if we lose a lot of games, it gives us a better draft position for 2023. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 5:40 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Yes, the 2016 star packed offense featuring Paul Turner and Green-Beckham. Can't forget Jordan Matthews. Carson also had almost 200 more passing attempts. For people that want to argue that we should run to help a young QB out...where was that with Wentz? 

He didn't have an outstanding rookie season, by any stretch, but context matters too.

On 3/31/2022 at 2:40 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz really was just a 13 week wonder. Everything before and after has been one big crap fest.

2 hours ago, Swoop said:

Yes, the 2016 star packed offense featuring Paul Turner and Green-Beckham. Can't forget Jordan Matthews. Carson also had almost 200 more passing attempts. For people that want to argue that we should run to help a young QB out...where was that with Wentz? 

He didn't have an outstanding rookie season, by any stretch, but context matters too.

Jordan Matthews (2nd Round pick) went over 800 yards each of his first 3 seasons and was within 3 yards of a 1000 in 2015 with a revolving door at QB, then we had Agholor (1st round) and Green Beckham (2nd Round) plus Ertz, Celek and Burton at TE,  the idea he has nothing to aim at is nonsense, the fact is Wentz has never been great at finding WR's regardless of who we had out there.

Pittman last year is the first WR to break 1000 yards with Wentz his entire career to date and that's only because the Colts have nothing at TE in receiving terms for him to fall back on.

3 hours ago, opa-opa said:

An easy schedule doesn't really help us, I'd rather have a really hard schedule, at least Hurts would be truly tested by playing against all these great teams, and if we lose a lot of games, it gives us a better draft position for 2023. 

I'm not going to disagree. Plus an easy schedule gives them a chance to make the play offs even if really they aren't all that good. Much like 2021.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Jordan Matthews (2nd Round pick) went over 800 yards each of his first 3 seasons and was within 3 yards of a 1000 in 2015 with a revolving door at QB, then we had Agholor (1st round) and Green Beckham (2nd Round) plus Ertz, Celek and Burton at TE,  the idea he has nothing to aim at is nonsense, the fact is Wentz has never been great at finding WR's regardless of who we had out there.

Pittman last year is the first WR to break 1000 yards with Wentz his entire career to date and that's only because the Colts have nothing at TE in receiving terms for him to fall back on.

Jordan Matthews was banged up that entire season. Ertz had broken ribs and missed time. Agholor was mostly a failure here and has never been special. DGB....LOL. Celek was at the end of his career and Burton was an okay third tight end in 2017, but has had a mediocre career.

Again, Paul Turner, DGB and Bryce Treggs (IIRC) were starting games. What a career those three had. 

The offense was so stacked they got rid of Matthews and DGB while adding both Alshon and Torrey Smith in the off-season. 

Hurts is the guy unless we land somebody better seems to be the message seeping through. Knowing them, they'll trade Minshew, and we'll be off even worse at qb than last season. Random thought: Foles has never started a full season anywhere. As much as I'd like to bring him back and make him the #1, his durability is not confidence inspiring. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, ThinkGreen said:

Hurts is the guy unless we land somebody better seems to be the message seeping through. Knowing them, they'll trade Minshew, and we'll be off even worse at qb than last season. Random thought: Foles has never started a full season anywhere. As much as I'd like to bring him back and make him the #1, his durability is not confidence inspiring. 

He doesn't want to come back

On 4/2/2022 at 10:24 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

He doesn't want to come back

I didn't know that. I guess being unceremoniously let go twice will do that.  

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 3:10 AM, EazyEaglez said:

How many different O line combinations started in 2001? How about 2002? Related note, how about injuries 2001 vs. 2002? I don't care enough to do the research but I'll bet a McDouble(:P) that injuries had more of an impact in 2001 than they did in 2002. Plus Doug sure seemed to be mailing it in his last year.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, eglz1 said:

How many different O line combinations started in 2001? How about 2002? Related note, how about injuries 2001 vs. 2002? I don't care enough to do the research but I'll bet a McDouble(:P) that injuries had more of an impact in 2001 than they did in 2002. Plus Doug sure seemed to be mailing it in his last year.

Eagles had several different offensive line combinations in 2021 as well. And 2021 was under a rookie head coach most fans was begging to be fired before week 6. Also the offensive line in 2020 didn’t start falling apart early in the season. That didn’t happen till at least around week 4 and they were basically 1-2-1 at that point with a win over the 49ers with their 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks to go with a tie with the hapless bengals. Hurts  and Sirianni took over a bad football team. 

On 4/2/2022 at 6:56 AM, Swoop said:

Sorry are we still making excuses for Wentzypoo? So what are you implying that the Eagles had elite talent in 2021 that was being held back? 😂🤣😂

On 4/2/2022 at 7:04 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Wentz really was just a 13 week wonder. Everything before and after has been one big crap fest.

I wouldn’t necessarily call it a crap fest, but obviously 2017 and 202 were the extremes to the pendulum of Wentz. For the most part he’s just a middling quarterback and apparently his leadership and attitude can be pretty rotten.

42 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sorry are we still making excuses for Wentzypoo? So what are you implying that the Eagles had elite talent in 2021 that was being held back? 😂🤣😂

No. I'm saying that he was asked to throw an absurd amount with terrible weapons. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swoop said:

No. I'm saying that he was asked to throw an absurd amount with terrible weapons. 

The bottom line is Carson took a 7-9 team and didn’t make it better his first season. My overall point is that Hurts in his first season has comparable numbers to Wentz and with a similar talent base. People assumed Wentz would get better yet assume the opposite for Hurts, but unlike Wentz; Jalen’s team did improve. Does this mean that Hurts is going to be good? Nope but that’s not the point or issue. People need to stop making assumptions and let it play out, because you don’t know how things will turn out for a player and Wentz is the perfect example of that. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

The bottom line is Carson took a 7-9 team and didn’t make it better his first season. My overall point is that Hurts in his first season has comparable numbers to Wentz and with a similar talent base. People assumed Wentz would get better yet assume the opposite for Hurts, but unlike Wentz; Jalen’s team did improve. Does this mean that Hurts is going to be good? Nope but that’s not the point or issue. People need to stop making assumptions and let it play out, because you don’t know how things will turn out for a player and Wentz is the perfect example of that. 

These takes are just bad. Wentz before he got hurt was like a bigger, more athletic Josh Allen. He was a lock for the MVP in 2017 before he got hurt. Hurts has never gotten anywhere close to that level.

• Like 3