Cutting the cord

wholesale_Melvin

Just now, mr_hunt said:

sheet...i'm up over $250 per month for my cable + internet. 

You can always do the free 7 day trial and make sure you like it before you cancel cable. We decided to try it and said if we didn't like it we would go back to cable. We never did. 

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

sheet...i'm up over $250 per month for my cable + internet. 

Damn...I only have one box with DVR and just a basic cable package with 100/100 internet for $120 with FIOS.  I just stream on other TVs. 

I cut one of the cords but it was pretty icky so, aside from that, I figured that insurance was paying for it, so I might as well let the doctor do his job.

31 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

I cut one of the cords but it was pretty icky so, aside from that, I figured that insurance was paying for it, so I might as well let the doctor do his job.

Haha.  I did the same.  1st kid cut, 2nd let the Dr handle that.

With the way streamers are subdividing, I think eventually people will need to pay for like 7 different streaming packages to watch all their shows. I bet in the next 5-10 years, things come full circle and cable packages are the cheaper option to get all of your content.

• Like 1

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

With the way streamers are subdividing, I think you'll eventually people will need to pay for like 7 different streaming packages to watch all their shows. I bet in the next 5-10 years, things come full circle and cable packages are the cheaper option to get all of your content.

maybe it's just me; i have hulu basic + hbo max & cbs all access and i'm still channel surfing every night for something to watch.  only difference is it's cheaper now. 

23 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

With the way streamers are subdividing, I think eventually people will need to pay for like 7 different streaming packages to watch all their shows. I bet in the next 5-10 years, things come full circle and cable packages are the cheaper option to get all of your content.

That's what happened to me, I had fubotv hulu and netflix that was 100 bucks a month add in internet I was up too 160. So said F it and got comcast and pay 135 for all of it. And I I'm not missing any channels. Those live streaming services keep going up and they add few channels but, take a few away and the price still goes up. It was frustrating and annoying. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

is thursday night football on hulu? 

It is on YouTubetv now. They just added nfl network and an option for redzone plus some other random sports channels I've never heard of. 

On 9/18/2020 at 12:14 PM, mr_hunt said:

is thursday night football on hulu? 

Yes it's on NBC which you get on live Hulu. It's also free on Amazon Prime.

I bought a $20 one-time purchase of an antenna for the free network channels for live national sports. 

On 9/17/2020 at 12:22 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I think eventually streaming companies will merge or get acquired, some will go out of business.

Some aspects of streaming are still an advantage. Can cancel and rejoin anytime. No equipment. No waiting for the cable company to come drill holes or run wires in your house and they're not available til next Thursday.

No extra fees to record, watch in HD, extra boxes for other rooms. No calling customer service on hold for 30 minutes to argue about your bill. No blackout times where you can't watch a channel while the cable provider is negotiating with the channel. On most, no commercials. 

Some services like Hulu live or Sling are kind of the model of a cable provider but with these cloud advantages. 

34 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yes it's on NBC which you get on live Hulu. It's also free on Amazon Prime.

I bought a $20 one-time purchase of an antenna for the free network channels for live national sports. 

its on nfl network. 

12 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

its on nfl network. 

It used to also be simulcast on NBC for a few years and then Fox. Looks like not this season. I just watch it on Amazon Prime.

On 9/20/2020 at 10:12 PM, NOTW said:

It used to also be simulcast on NBC for a few years and then Fox. Looks like not this season. I just watch it on Amazon Prime.

ahh..regular old amazon prime or is there some extra option  you have to pay for to get them?  

22 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

ahh..regular old amazon prime or is there some extra option  you have to pay for to get them?  

Nothing extra.  They have live NBA and MLB games as well.  I don't even pay for it, we use my sister in law's account.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Nothing extra.  They have live NBA and MLB games as well.  I don't even pay for it, we use my sister in law's account.  :thumbsup:

You are everything that is wrong with america. Pay ridiculous cable prices like a real man! 

😋

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

You are everything that is wrong with america. Pay ridiculous cable prices like a real man! 

😋

I pay for Netflix and Disney Plus, sister-in law pays Amazon Prime and Hulu.  We're on the same Verizon plan too.

tenor.gif?itemid=12364541

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I pay for Netflix and Disney Plus, sister-in law pays Amazon Prime and Hulu.  We're on the same Verizon plan too.

tenor.gif?itemid=12364541

Sharing accounts?? Lame! 

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Sharing accounts?? Lame! 

especially with covid-19.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Sharing accounts?? Lame! 

That's not all we share.

giphy.gif

:lol:

3 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

especially with covid-19.

This guy gets it lol

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

This guy gets it lol

or maybe i got it ?

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

giphy.gif

i think that movie is one of my guilty pleasures. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Just watched this, lol. Love the ending especially after I was just busting on you for sharing accounts lol

• Like 1