Cutting the cord

wholesale_Melvin

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

You don't have that flexibility with cable, cancellation fees, equipment fees, contracts, etc.

I absolutely hated getting into a contract but, the price for what I want made sense. I only have one more year to go then I can see where this is going and what other options are available once that year is up.

If it gets really sheety before that year is up then I can just pay the early termination which would be worth it if they decide to randomly jack up the price. 

So far though I still enjoy just turning the tv on and flipping through the channels sometimes I come across something that ends up being good I wouldn't have watched other wise because I wasn't looking for it. Xfinity has tons of on demand content to so that works as well. 

Back in 2014 we rented an apartment for a few months while we were waiting for our house to be ready.  I only wanted internet from Comcast but they told me the package to bundle the basic TV service with internet was cheaper than internet alone.  It included all the premium channels for free.  I said ok fine.  We still watched Netflix most of the time and maybe a couple movies on cable.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Back in 2014 we rented an apartment for a few months while we were waiting for our house to be ready.  I only wanted internet from Comcast but they told me the package to bundle the basic TV service with internet was cheaper than internet alone.  It included all the premium channels for free.  I said ok fine.  We still watched Netflix most of the time and maybe a couple movies on cable.

I'm guilty of spending the majority of my time watching youtube videos.... There I said it lol 

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm guilty of spending the majority of my time watching youtube videos.... There I said it lol 

You tube can get addictive, I watched game 2 of the 1993 World Series today

12 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

You tube can get addictive, I watched game 2 of the 1993 World Series today

I'm surprised you don't watch game 6 over and over again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I'm surprised you don't watch game 6 over and over again. 

I bought that one off iTunes years ago

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 4:31 PM, NOTW said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2021/03/11/netflix-testing-new-feature-prevent-password-sharing/4656592001/

Told you 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone try Pluto TV? It's free (has commercials) and a mix of live TV and on demand. Some of the "live" (or all? Just checking it out) aren't what is live on regular TV, but it's like syndicated shows. Example there's an AMC channel showing old the Walking Dead episodes. 

Some channels are kinda like Sirius XM where it's just one show playing all the episodes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cord cutters: how do you deal with this? I have DirecTV, but I signed up for Paramount + and I’ve been burning though The Challenge at a rate of a season a day. So my streaming viewing is vastly higher than normal. I didn’t even realize when I set my service up around Feb 1 that Comcast has a cap. Today’s the 31st so I’m obviously not going to exceed my remaining 10% limit over the next 5 hours, but for people who are cord cutters that are always streaming (aka, not watching on their DirecTV receiver like I do daily)... and have other people in your home that are streaming on other TVs/tablets/etc... how are you not going over? Or are you guys paying like $100+ a month for internet so you’re really just offsetting your cable savings by jacking up your internet rates?

C40D4AD7-8BA6-43A6-82BB-43EEABBD2D15.png

• Thanks 1

Never got that notice.  I think my cap is 1.5GB, but maybe 2... not sure.  Haven't gotten that close yet. 

I pay like 90 a month for internet.  But still save 40 dollars a month not having cable TV, but youtubetv instead. 

On 3/21/2021 at 12:57 PM, NOTW said:

Anyone try Pluto TV? It's free (has commercials) and a mix of live TV and on demand. Some of the "live" (or all? Just checking it out) aren't what is live on regular TV, but it's like syndicated shows. Example there's an AMC channel showing old the Walking Dead episodes. 

Some channels are kinda like Sirius XM where it's just one show playing all the episodes. 

Yeah it is good but you can't pause

Have spectrum here in SA. Never heard of a cap. Then again our plan is top tier and may include unlimited data.

1 hour ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

Have spectrum here in SA. Never heard of a cap. Then again our plan is top tier and may include unlimited data.

To use words that Agent will understand, only poor people have caps

I have unlimited internet for about a decade so I had no idea caps still existed unless you were using your cell. Even then that's normally only for hot spotting so it's pretty hard to exceed the 100GB or whatever you get with that. 

13 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Cord cutters: how do you deal with this? I have DirecTV, but I signed up for Paramount + and I’ve been burning though The Challenge at a rate of a season a day. So my streaming viewing is vastly higher than normal. I didn’t even realize when I set my service up around Feb 1 that Comcast has a cap. Today’s the 31st so I’m obviously not going to exceed my remaining 10% limit over the next 5 hours, but for people who are cord cutters that are always streaming (aka, not watching on their DirecTV receiver like I do daily)... and have other people in your home that are streaming on other TVs/tablets/etc... how are you not going over? Or are you guys paying like $100+ a month for internet so you’re really just offsetting your cable savings by jacking up your internet rates?

Comcast sucks. 

• Like 1

back when time warner first started road runner, there was no cap. unlimited bandwidth & data all the time.

that is until they realized customers were allowing their friends and neighbors to feed off their bandwidth/data and started putting a cap on the amount of bandwidth you had access to. 

4 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

I had Spectrum in Syracuse (as well as FIOS) and neither had them that I can recall. 

3 hours ago, Mat said:

To use words that Agent will understand, only poor people have caps

I have unlimited internet for about a decade so I had no idea caps still existed unless you were using your cell. Even then that's normally only for hot spotting so it's pretty hard to exceed the 100GB or whatever you get with that. 

These companies all have "monopolies" depending on which city/town/neighborhood you live in so I got what was available :sad:

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I had Spectrum in Syracuse (as well as FIOS) and neither had them that I can recall. 

These companies all have "monopolies" depending on which city/town/neighborhood you live in so I got what was available :sad:

Still cheaper then the awesome deal they think they are paying

Spoiler alert!!! We get uncensored F-bombs on All Stars! 

On 3/31/2021 at 11:31 PM, Joe Shades 73 said:

Yeah it is good but you can't pause

RIght.  For me I have streaming only and an HD antenna for the local channels.  But Pluto TV is a way to get some additional live content for free, plus free on demand movies.  It's like the Roku channel or others that have free content, just another option.

On 3/31/2021 at 6:54 PM, Agent23 said:

On 4/1/2021 at 8:28 AM, Gannan said:

Comcast sucks. 

What he said.  Comcast sucks.

I pay $60/month for AT&T fiber with 1,000 mbps and free HBO Max for life, and no data limit.  Comcast here sucks and has too many outages and slowness.  Everyone in my neighborhood switched to AT&T a few years ago.

Everyone is at home during the pandemic:  virtual school online, I'm working online all day, multiple devices streaming TV or music or playing apps and such.  No issues.  

• Like 2

On 3/31/2021 at 7:54 PM, Agent23 said:

That's actually impressive. I stream everything, at times I'll be watching something in the living room, wife will be watching something in the bedroom and I'll have the sixers game on my phone in the background, and I've never hit my 1500gb/month limit

5 hours ago, BFit said:

That's actually impressive. I stream everything, at times I'll be watching something in the living room, wife will be watching something in the bedroom and I'll have the sixers game on my phone in the background, and I've never hit my 1500gb/month limit

Since getting Paramount plus I’m watching the challenge from like 9am until midnight. Basically only pausing as work calls or important emails come in, or when I have a cable program to watch for an hour about 4-5x a week. 

• 3 months later...

Bump, almost time.

1. Vpn
  2. local chanel provider
  3. Game