Washington Commanders can't do anything right

toolg

Scary Terry now has a breakfast cereal

https://wtop.com/business-finance/2023/08/commanders-wr-terry-mclaurins-breakfast-cereal-has-a-cause/

Commanders WR Terry McLaurin’s breakfast cereal has a cause

Jeff Clabaugh | jclabaugh@wtop.com

August 15, 2023, 11:20 AM

Terry-McLaurin-2.png Terry McLaurin’s Crunch Time Flakes is a partnership with PLB Sports & Entertainment, and proceeds go to the Terry McLaurin Foundation, which helps underserved children with education and social support, health and wellness assistance, and mentorship. (Courtesy PLB Sports & Entertainment )
Courtesy PLB Sports & Entertainment
Terry-McLaurin-6.png In addition to McLaurin’s likeness on the front of the box, the back features his most "crunch time” moments with the Commanders. (Courtesy PLB Sports & Entertainment )
terry-mclaurin.jpg The sugar-frosted flakes cereal is available at Safeway stores in the D.C. region, and online. Two boxes of the limited-run cereal costs $24.99. (Courtesy PLB Sports & Entertainment )
Next
(1/3)
Terry-McLaurin-2-260x174.png
Terry-McLaurin-6-260x174.png
terry-mclaurin-260x174.jpg

Washington Commanders wide receiver Terry McLaurin has his own cereal.

Terry McLaurin’s Crunch Time Flakes is a partnership with PLB Sports & Entertainment, and proceeds go to the Terry McLaurin Foundation, which helps underserved children with education and social support, health and wellness assistance, and mentorship.

The sugar-frosted flakes cereal is available online and at Safeway stores in the D.C. region. Two boxes of the limited-run cereal cost $24.99.

• 3 weeks later...

It says over at Pro Football Talk that the Washington Football organization sold out their first game of the season. I'm sure there's lots of fans that would like to ask the previous owner "Hey Danny, whatcha think about THAT?" Yeah I know $6.05 Billion but still with the ego of somebody like Snyder it would still grate, given that Synder had to remove seats because he couldn't sell them.

7 hours ago, eglz1 said:

sold out their first game of the season.

Maybe lots of Cardinals fans are flying to Landover?

19 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Maybe lots of Cardinals fans are flying to Landover?

This might be one of the few games the Cardinals will look competitive so you may be right.

3 hours ago, paco said:

I took Washington in eliminatior :lol:

Same

• 4 weeks later...

And they are losing to The Bears.  Wonder if they got caught looking past the Bears and thinking they'd win easily or did the death of Dick Butkus inspire the Bears.

Thank god for TNF.  I only had to hear them chirping about their moral victory last Sunday for a few days.  Back to reality.  

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aspiritfall said:

Good luck with the cap San Fran... Better pray Purdy is your guy 

From what we've seen over the past 3 weeks I think it's safe to say he's not their guy 

• Like 1

Has Chase Young done anything in the league? Probably a good move to get something for him now. Sweat is a bit different but they'll probably get a high second for a guy that won't re-sign there

10 hours ago, Mat said:

Has Chase Young done anything in the league? Probably a good move to get something for him now. Sweat is a bit different but they'll probably get a high second for a guy that won't re-sign there

He's on pace for 10+ sacks.  He's finally healthy.  I think he'll be productive for a long time, just not a cornerstone Bosa/Micah/Garrett/Hutch kinda guy.  Might be headed towards a mercenary sack artist trajectory like Frank Clark or Clowney.

On 10/31/2023 at 11:22 PM, Mat said:

Has Chase Young done anything in the league? Probably a good move to get something for him now. 

He was as good his rookie year as you could expect. Then the injuries hit. But he was productive again this season. Sell high? Makes you wonder what the Commanders know about his future health. 49ers just need a half-season rental for a potential SB-run.

I suppose the 49ers could ink him to a long-term deal too, if they want.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2023 at 4:53 PM, paco said:

Forbes got ejected last week.  He speared Lockett with his helmet.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38884101/commanders-cb-emmanuel-forbes-ejected-hit-helmet

"I was in shock it was an ejection. It wasn't like I was trying to kill him. It was just a play. I was trying to make a play on the ball," said Forbes, who said he watched multiple replays of the hit while in the locker room. "That's the only way I could have hit him to try to dislodge the ball and don't think it was a terrible hit."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Commies hired ex-GM of the Golden State Warriors (Bob Myers) to lead the search for a new GM. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10104072-ex-warriors-gm-bob-myers-hired-by-commanders-harris-for-hc-search-as-rivera-fired

They're getting laughed at pretty hard, but it's not a terrible strategy.  Bob Myers won't be the next GM, but he can help to advise Josh Harris.  I've actually been pretty impressed with the Harris ownership group during this transition.  Keeping Rivera until after the season was the right thing to do.   They are reaching out to interview most of the candidates, have the search committee organized.   

• Like 1