Washington Commanders can't do anything right

toolg

That franchise suffered long enough and I feel like we got a full 3 decades revenge for all the pain they caused us in the 80's/early 90's.  At the end of the day they have great rabid fans and deserve better.  What a work of art that Snyder is, truly one of the worst owners in major sports history.

45 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

That franchise suffered long enough 

False

I feel like we got a full 3 decades revenge for all the pain they caused us in the 80's/early 90's. 

False

At the end of the day they have great rabid fans 

False

deserve better.  

False

What a work of art that Snyder is, truly one of the worst owners in major sports history.

True

1/5.  20%    F-

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, sameaglesfan said:

alg072123dAPC-800x0.jpg

They really could have baked in a lot more into that.  Expired airline peanuts from a bankrupt airline.  Vanilla Ice cream.  

I'm assuming that's what things like the apple (when he gave apples as a christmas gift to his employees) is.

2 hours ago, paco said:

Man, and I JUST got use to calling them "The Washington Football Team"

Changing them to Pigskins would have been simpler and allowed the nickname of Skins to still be used.  But that was too simple.

I wonder if they would rename them the Potomacs, and bring back the Indian head logo.  The Potomack tribe already gave permission to use the tribal name, and also permission for the old logo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, paco said:

False

False

False

False

True

1/5.  20%    F-

I know at least 3 used to be diehard Washington fans that jumped ship after the name change lol. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know at least 3 used to be diehard Washington fans that jumped ship after the name change lol. 

There are no die-hards left.  They either became Ravens fans, became apathetic, or gave up all together.

My next door neighbor falls in the second group and is as close to a die hard as possible.  When they upset tampa a two years ago I heard some cheers come from their house but overall they don't give a s***.  Today I saw him when we were both walking our dogs and I said "Hey, I heard that Harris is going to change the name" followed by me reusing the joke "and I was just getting use to calling them Football Team".

"Oh, I still call them their original name"

I honestly don't believe it went over his head, I really don't think he knows they are the "commanders" :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, paco said:

There are no die-hards left.  They either became Ravens fans, became apathetic, or gave up all together.

My next door neighbor falls in the second group and is as close to a die hard as possible.  When they upset tampa a two years ago I heard some cheers come from their house but overall they don't give a s***.  Today I saw him when we were both walking our dogs and I said "Hey, I heard that Harris is going to change the name" followed by me reusing the joke "and I was just getting use to calling them Football Team".

"Oh, I still call them their original name"

I honestly don't believe it went over his head, I really don't think he knows they are the "commanders" :lol: 

My friend changed teams to the Bills lol. I guess he enjoys the punishment 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, paco said:

Two of my brothers are proof of that. Total diehard Redskins fans dating back to the Vince Lombardi season. After Snyder and his incompetence as an owner, they couldn't care less about the team and most likely wouldn't care even if they went undefeated and won the Super Bowl.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

I wonder if they would rename them the Potomacs, and bring back the Indian head logo.  The Potomack tribe already gave permission to use the tribal name, and also permission for the old logo.

That would be awesome.  Honestly, I think this would make the Native American community and the old-name fans very happy at the same time.

2 hours ago, paco said:

... Depends on where you are.  I'm in the outer Virginia suburbs of DC, locals here generally have a strong dislike of all things Maryland.  You see more Eagles, Steelers, and Cowboys fans down by me than anything else.  I honestly don't really know anyone that's a fan of the Washington football franchise <insert name here>.

11 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

... Depends on where you are.  I'm in the outer Virginia suburbs of DC, locals here generally have a strong dislike of all things Maryland.  You see more Eagles, Steelers, and Cowboys fans down by me than anything else.  I honestly don't really know anyone that's a fan of the Washington football franchise <insert name here>.

Sounds like they fall into category #3 then

Maybe $60 million won't buy Danny a "get out of jail card" after all.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/mary-jo-whites-report-provides-blueprint-for-potential-criminal-prosecution-of-daniel-snyder

For Daniel Snyder, there’s a chance the end of his tenure as owner of the Commanders could be the beginning of an entirely different adventure.

The long-awaited report from Mary Jo White, released moments after the NFL announced the approval of the sale of Commanders, ostensibly closes his business with the NFL. But the $60 million fine imposed by the league — less than one percent of the $6.05 billion sale price of the team — possibly won’t be the end of Snyder’s legal complications.

The White report contains a potential blueprint for state or federal prosecution of Snyder.

That'd be a doggone shame, wouldn't it? :pizza:

Since I already did the work, IMMA drop this right here

3 hours ago, paco said:

Over the past 30 years, the R-words posted a point differential of -1242

Year Wins Losses Ties Finish PF PA  Diff
2022 8 8   4th 321 343 -22
2021 7 10   3rd 335 434 -99
2020 7 9   1st 335 329 6
2019 3 13   4th 266 435 -169
2018 7 9   3rd  281 359 -78
2017 7 9   3rd  342 388 -46
2016 8 7   3rd 396 383 13
2015 9 7   1st 388 379 9
2014 4 12   4th  301 438 -137
2013 3 13   4th 334 478 -144
2012 10 6   1st  436 388 48
2011 5 11   4th 288 367 -79
2010 6 10   4th  302 377 -75
2009 4 12   4th 266 336 -70
2008 8 8   4th  265 296 -31
2007 9 7   3rd  334 310 24
2006 5 11   4th  307 376 -69
2005 10 6   2nd 359 293 66
2004 6 10   4th 240 265 -25
2003 5 11   3rd  287 372 -85
2002 7 9   3rd 307 365 -58
2001 8 8   2nd 256 303 -47
2000 8 8   3rd 281 269 12
1999 10 6   1st  443 377 66
1998 6 10   4th  319 421 -102
1997 8 7   2nd  327 289 38
1996 9 7   3rd 364 312 52
1995 6 10   3rd  326 359 -33
1994 3 13   5th  320 412 -92
1993 4 12   5th  230 345 -115
            Total -1242

For those without a calculator app on their phone, they averaged a -41.4 point differential per year over a 30 year period.   :lol: 

• Haha 1

Commanders are still calling this a QB competition between Howell & Brissett.  The intrigue is that Brissett has apparently worked with the new OC (Bienemy) in the past.   If Bienemy has a say, who do you think he's gonna pick?  

18 hours ago, EaglesIreland said:

https://youtu.be/6rKMmZgs5FI

funny video recapping the crap show the team from Washington. And yes Snyder is gone but I don’t think the smell will lift straight away.

I’m about halfway through and that’s really good so far :lol: 

Native American group calls on Commanders to rename team Redskins: 'Cannot erase history'

Washington changed its name in 2020

By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

A Native American group has put the rush on against the Washington Commanders and demanded the organization revert back to the Redskins – the nickname they had when they were in Boston in 1933.

The Native American Guardian Association (NAGA) has encouraged fans to sign their petition, which is "designed to promote our history, put an end to cancel culture, and #ReclaimTheName ‘Redskins.’"

The group said more than 80,000 people have signed the petition.

"We invite all Americans to stand up for the dignity of EVERY AMERICAN under assault in today’s increasingly nonsensical culture wars" the petition says. "This ‘LINE IN THE SAND’ moment reinforces undeniable history of the NATIVE AMERICAN assisting the FOUNDING OF AMERICA, with NATIVE AMERICAN principles used by the FOUNDING FATHERS in the US Constitution -- and, EVERY AMERICAN's right to the 1st and 14th Amendment and not to be targets of cancel culture or ESG. This is not a simple left or right issue for Americans; it reaches across the political spectrum dating back to our Founding Fathers.

"The Native American Guardian Association (NAGA) stands up for and is not only fighting back to preserve key elements of American History and the 1st and 14th Amendment, NAGA is fighting for the civil liberties of EVERY AMERICAN. Americans see they are losing their rights because of a vicious cancel culture that shows little care for their concerns or civil liberties; It is time to support leaders, brands and organizations who will stand with EVERY AMERICAN, rather than fighting against them. Join our fight and show your support by pledging your donation today!"

Last week, the group sent a letter to Commanders leadership – including new team owner Josh Harris, team president Jason Wright and head coach Ron Rivera – "formally requesting the team revitalize its relationship with the American Indian community and rightfully change their name back to ‘the Redskins.'"

The Washington Commanders sign during the preseason game against the Carolina Panthers at FedExField on Aug. 13, 2022, in Landover, Maryland. (Scott Taetsch/Getty Images)

"You simply cannot erase history and target the Native American community by eradicating the name ‘Redskins’ while being an organization that fosters other Constitutional rights, including players who don’t honor the American flag and kneel during our National Anthem," the letter read in part.

The Commanders didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News Digital.

Former team owner Daniel Snyder changed the team’s name from the Redskins to the Washington Football Team and later the Commanders amid a summer of racial unrest in the U.S. in 2020.

Snyder said the name had "increasingly become a distraction from our primary focus of football" and made the change "in the spirit of inclusivity."

The Commanders team name debuted in 2022. Harris told ESPN the name change wasn’t an immediate thing on the to-do list.

• Like 1