Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

They removed the "add to watchlist" feature when showing the trailers. I liked that feature :sad:

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2020 at 11:47 PM, BFit said:

I'll have to check that out. Truth seekers drew me in cause Simon pegg is in it (as a secondary character) and his chubby friend (whose name escapes me) is the main character

I'll check this out tonight.  I loved Shaun of the Dead and the World's End with those guys.  

8 hours ago, hputenis said:

I'll check this out tonight.  I loved Shaun of the Dead and the World's End with those guys.  

Oh no another Shaun of the Dead fan. 

Hot Fuzz was brilliant. The rest? Not good. 

😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh no another Shaun of the Dead fan. 

Hot Fuzz was brilliant. The rest? Not good. 

😁

Hot fuzz is hilarious. Worlds End was good. Shaun of the dead I've never made it through without falling asleep. 

6 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Hot fuzz is hilarious. Worlds End was good. Shaun of the dead I've never made it through without falling asleep. 

Hot Fuzz is brilliant. So quotable. I can't stand Shaun of the Dead though. Don't really get it to be honest. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hot Fuzz is brilliant. So quotable. I can't stand Shaun of the Dead though. Don't really get it to be honest. 

Didn't realize so much hate for Shaun of the Dead!  That movie is so stupid it's funny.  I've never seen Hot Fuzz though, so I should probably take care of that.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hputenis said:

Didn't realize so much hate for Shaun of the Dead!  That movie is so stupid it's funny.  I've never seen Hot Fuzz though, so I should probably take care of that.  

Definitely Definitely watch Hot Fuzz bud. 

7 hours ago, hputenis said:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You weren't kidding.  Just finished it, and I thought it was great.  Didn't have time to watch it twice though.  😂

Now I've been sucked into a Simon Pegg wormhole, and I'm watching "Absolutely Anything."  Not even close to as good so far, but it's still entertaining.  

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 4:57 PM, The_Omega said:

The Grand Tour - Season 4, Ep.2 on 12/18.  Final-f'ing-ly.

I rather they switch back to the original/top gear format. I like their adventures but if they’re going to come out this far apart I’ll pass or settle for one per season. 

Romancing the Stone - Gotta be the best of the quasi-Raiders of the Lost Arc '80's knock-offs, right?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Making sure everyone saw FleaBag 

I need to give it another shot.  I got through 10 minutes of it and thought it was one of the least funny shows I've ever watched.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hputenis said:

I need to give it another shot.  I got through 10 minutes of it and thought it was one of the least funny shows I've ever watched.  

I think people either love it or hate it, no in between 

16 hours ago, hputenis said:

Same. I'm like a gong show panelist with all these streaming shows. If I don't get into it in the first 10-15 minutes I'm out. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 3:18 PM, The_Omega said:

Romancing the Stone - Gotta be the best of the quasi-Raiders of the Lost Arc '80's knock-offs, right?

Alan Quartermain would beg to differ. JK. I liked the two Romancing movies. much better than b list quartermain

On 12/3/2020 at 7:06 PM, Mike030270 said:

The Lie

WTF? How would you react if your kid did that?

Just watched this last night. I have an annoying habit of pausing any show or movie my fiance and I are watching and wanting to talk about it right at that time , and as soon as the situation happened and the daughter told her dad what she did I paused and asked my fiance, "so... what would you do?" 

I think the most obvious answer is

call the cops right away and say she FELL, no push or anything like that. That at least gets the parents out of this horrible cover up situation and then when they find the girl etc it becomes her word vs your daughters in terms of the push, in court

however re: the end (really, don't click unless you have seen the movie)

I guess my prior comment is a moot point, since this was a coverup from the start. So the daughter/friend were expecting the parents to call the cops I guess? And it now becomes a missing person situation along that river all weekend giving her time to go hang at the boyfriends? Also was her leaving her phone behind part of the plan or did that just happen? Just makes ya wonder how she ends up in the middle of the woods to now her boyfriends place on foot, with no phone.

I am definitely not the most attentive movie watcher by any means, but man I did not see that "twist" coming at all. Really makes ya resent teenage kids these days. Evil little a-holes.

I am not a fan at all of YA novels BS.  Can't even stand Hunger Games.  However a couple episodes into The Wilds and I'm hooked.  All girls Lord of the Flies/The Beach but the characters are actually entertaining, giving off a Breakfast Club teenage trope-flipping vibe.  The danger is also more visceral than the genre usually allows for.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I am not a fan at all of YA novels BS.  Can't even stand Hunger Games.  However a couple episodes into The Wilds and I'm hooked.  All girls Lord of the Flies/The Beach but the characters are actually entertaining, giving off a Breakfast Club teenage trope-flipping vibe.  The danger is also more visceral than the genre usually allows for.

nice, i had this in my "que." Will start it up soon. 

• 2 weeks later...