Official WWE/AEW Thread

BDawk_ASamuel

I sucked it up and subscribed to Peacock premium. Ive been watching the Raw episodes from the late 90's. It was so much better back then. 

24 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I sucked it up and subscribed to Peacock premium. Ive been watching the Raw episodes from the late 90's. It was so much better back then. 

Ah yes. When WWF was good

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Ah yes. When WWF was good

There were so many standards they used that just worked and they've gotten away from all of them. I hate to be one of those guys who say "it was better back in the day" but in this case it really was. A guy like Bobby Lashley or Roman Reigns would be lucky to have even mid card status back then. 

Just now, Gannan said:

There were so many standards they used that just worked and they've gotten away from all of them. I hate to be one of those guys who say "it was better back in the day" but in this case it really was. A guy like Bobby Lashley or Roman Reigns would be lucky to have even mid card status back then. 

Agreed. I'm not even sure those guys would make it on Raw. Maybe they would've been slotted in on Sunday Night Heat. Those wrestlers and storylines were so damn good

• Like 1

That CM Punk return was awesome. I can’t wait for the day, if it hasn’t happened already, where Punk talks about everything that was going wrong with WWE & backstage politics. 

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

I’ve been doing the same, but watching more early 2000’s since that’s era I grew up in. 

I watched Summer slam other night, total snooze fest. Except I like Orton/Riddle, good tandem. AJ Styles is great too, wish he could of been at his peak during WWE peak in attitude/ruthless aggression era 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep. Punk was incredible as expected.  

Is AEW like 90% stables?   It seems like every time I watch, that’s all I see is stables.  

You have the Inner Circle, Dark Order, pinnacle, and the Elite. Tag team wrestling is pretty big in AEW. Trios wrestling is as well. They've hinted at a trio's title

14 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

That CM Punk return was awesome. I can’t wait for the day, if it hasn’t happened already, where Punk talks about everything that was going wrong with WWE & backstage politics. 

I’ve been doing the same, but watching more early 2000’s since that’s era I grew up in. 

I watched Summer slam other night, total snooze fest. Except I like Orton/Riddle, good tandem. AJ Styles is great too, wish he could of been at his peak during WWE peak in attitude/ruthless aggression era 

He's already taken a few shots at WWE his first 2 appearances 

punk is a loser. dude does nothing but whine & beetch about the company that made him rich & famous. he quit like a baby....then thought he could actually fight irl & got his arse kicked. :lol:  nobody would even know his name if it weren't for wwe. he'd just be phil the loser.  

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Is AEW like 90% stables?   It seems like every time I watch, that’s all I see is stables.  

yeah...it's trash. constant run-in's...everybody's in same random group...plus a bunch of tiny guys who look like they couldn't beat up a toddler. it might improve if they keep getting wwe cast-off's to replace all those small, dweeby looking twerps they have now. the guy in the skinny jeans who always puts his hands in his pockets is the most retahded excuse for a wrestler on the planet. dude weighs a buck fitty soaking wet & looks like a complete dork who got stuffed in lockers in hs...and the a-e-dum fans go nuts for him.  :roll:   

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah...it's trash. constant run-in's...everybody's in same random group...plus a bunch of tiny guys who look like they couldn't beat up a toddler. it might improve if they keep getting wwe cast-off's to replace all those small, dweeby looking twerps they have now. the guy in the skinny jeans who always puts his hands in his pockets is the most retahded excuse for a wrestler on the planet. dude weighs a buck fitty soaking wet & looks like a complete dork who got stuffed in lockers in hs...and the a-e-dum fans go nuts for him.  :roll:   

I hear ya, and don't have a horse in the race... but this is the alternative to the WWE and everything the average fan hates about that... WWE only giving pushes to roided out monsters like Sheamus, Reigns, Lashley, Lesnar, Drew McIntyre, Brawn Strongman? So if you're not 350lbs you can't compete? Well if that's not entertaining to you, come check out this other brand, where the more normal looking wrestler may get a push. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

punk is a loser. dude does nothing but whine & beetch about the company that made him rich & famous. he quit like a baby....then thought he could actually fight irl & got his arse kicked. :lol:  nobody would even know his name if it weren't for wwe. he'd just be phil the loser.  

Vince is that you? -_-

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

I hear ya, and don't have a horse in the race... but this is the alternative to the WWE and everything the average fan hates about that... WWE only giving pushes to roided out monsters like Sheamus, Reigns, Lashley, Lesnar, Drew McIntyre, Brawn Strongman? So if you're not 350lbs you can't compete? Well if that's not entertaining to you, come check out this other brand, where the more normal looking wrestler may get a push. 

That was the other thing I noticed about re-watching 90's WWF. There were lots of small athletic guys and damn are they entertaining. There were also characters...that were actually developed. Now its all roided out MMA wannabes and that's pretty much their only character trait.

• Like 2

Looking forward to going to All Out this Sunday. Looks like Bryan is going to make his debut

17 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Looking forward to going to All Out this Sunday. Looks like Bryan is going to make his debut

hope you have good, close seats.  those tiny wrestlers would be hard to see from far away.  :whistle: 

have fun, brah. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

hope you have good, close seats.  those tiny wrestlers would be hard to see from far away.  :whistle: 

have fun, brah. 

I'll pickup a Orange Cassidy shirt for you lol

Thanks brah 

• Haha 1

Adam Cole and Daniel Bryan debuted for AEW today!

Stacked roster.

Stacked roster.

On 9/6/2021 at 2:16 AM, Jenkins27 said:

Stacked roster.

Stacked roster.

The entire arena was lit. What a great show

Bryan Danielson was probably the best talent WWE had who is still under 50 years old. With the severe lack of talent in WWE, seems kind of stupid to let him walk.

I personally think Vince is slowly and methodically dismantling WWE before he dies. Unload all of the big contracts and put as much money away as possible for his kids/grandkids.. 

8 hours ago, What The F said:

I personally think Vince is slowly and methodically dismantling WWE before he dies. Unload all of the big contracts and put as much money away as possible for his kids/grandkids.. 

I like the rumor that Vince actually owns AEW and is trying to recreate the Monday night wars. 

• Haha 2

Wyatt has already had discussions with aew. Expectations are he will sign. He's not 5'10 or 160lbs. I'm guessing @mr_huntwill go with "washed up wwe talent" 😆 

22 hours ago, What The F said:

Maybe get that money back he lost with the XFL. He's paying Brock 10 mil for 10 matches. Could be the reason why as well

25 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Wyatt has already had discussions with aew. Expectations are he will sign. He's not 5'10 or 160lbs. I'm guessing @mr_huntwill go with "washed up wwe talent" 😆 

bray would be a good signing for them. they need to replace all the 5'8, 160 pounders with real wrestlers. i wonder if bray will bring his super powers with him! 

• Like 1