Official WWE/AEW Thread

BDawk_ASamuel

On 7/7/2021 at 1:03 PM, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Black's NXT character was one of my favorite characters in a while. He was so misused on the main roster, as is about 90% of the NXT talent that comes up. There is something there with Black so hopefully the next promotion he goes to can show that. 

His debut was a good

The past week I’ve started to get into WWE again. It’s been a long time since I watched since I really only tune in for the Rumble and then I’m out for next 364 days. Started off with most recent episodes of both smack down/Raw and whewww the promos and scripts are so bad. Even the matches suck too. There’s some solid gimmicks but the way the promos are cut for the gimmicks, it’s just so corny and cringe. The Scottish superhero chick gives me a headache. I always liked AJ styles dating back to his TNA days, but they are doing him dirty with his script material. WWE does have an absolute gem in Otis though. 

I then watched some old episodes of Smackdown/Raw circa 2005. Those shows were just absolutely top notch. I’ve had a great time rewatching episodes I haven’t seen since I was a kid. Promos were so well done, matches were fun and unpredictable. 

It’s a shame WWE fell off as bad as they have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think fans coming back might make it more interesting again.  Because watching it on TV in front of a couple hundred TV screens is lame.  

That’s not Wonderful 

I'm not sure fans will help years of piss poor writing/ storylines. Aew, I thought did really well with no fans

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I can say I haven’t watched any AEW since the pandemic.  Just doesn’t work without the crowds.  The piss poor writing has been going on for decades at WWE 

Aew has had fans back for awhile now. They sold out double or nothing and they're back on the road again. They sold out the last 2 dynimate's leading up to tonight. There's been a few shows that were meh but they've been constantly entertaining even without fans

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

aew is a bunch of wwe cast offs, has beens, and 170 pound scrubs. :sleep:

:nonono:

5 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Aew has had fans back for awhile now. They sold out double or nothing and they're back on the road again. They sold out the last 2 dynimate's leading up to tonight. There's been a few shows that were meh but they've been constantly entertaining even without fans

:nonono:

440px-Orange_Cassidy_Alpha-1_Dec_2019B.j

:sleep:

35 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

440px-Orange_Cassidy_Alpha-1_Dec_2019B.j

:sleep:

I think Orange Cassidy is great lol. Andrade, Pac, and Black are far from being castoffs. The tag division is stacked and probably the best group overall I've ever seen. If it wasn't for AJ Styles, Omega would be the top guy. Page is one of the best today, the dark order was going to be awesome until Brody passed :sad:. I think they'll still be good with Page. There's a lot of good there. Only thing that's lacking is depth/ quality on the women's division. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing rumors that CM Punk is going to sign with AEW. Some think he could make his return the first week of September since there are a few shows in Chicago.

59 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It’s happening!!!!   Awesome.  What night of the week is AEW usually on?

Wednesday night on TNT. August 13 is the premier of AEW Rampage which will air on TNT I believe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Being able to wrestle in New Japan was the biggest reason Bryan signed. Glad I bought All Out tickets

23 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

more has beens for a-e-dum.

Lol... you're really not a fan of them are you? 

• Haha 1

It’s funny hearing about has beens with AEW when the only notable news out of the WWE recently is Goldberg and Cena. 

vince mcmahon IS pro wrestling! :worthy:

I just enjoy razzing aew fans because they're really, really anti-wwe & seem to want them to go under. to me they're tv shows so let people watch what they want. 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

I just enjoy razzing aew fans because they're really, really anti-wwe & seem to want them to go under. to me they're tv shows so let people watch what they want. 

I'm not anti wwe. A few of my favorite wrestlers to watch are on there. It's just been so bad for decades it's been hard to watch. AEW is the type of wrestling that I grew up love watching.  I also like the fact each character is given control of their own character and ideas. It's either Vince's way or the highway 

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It’s funny hearing about has beens with AEW when the only notable news out of the WWE recently is Goldberg and Cena. 

Eww Cena is back? 

You’re misguided with me, there sport.  I’ve admitted to not watching AEW.  I didn’t even know which channel or day it was on TV.  It’s just it’s a dumb argument that AEW is. I thing but has beens.  When WWE has been unwatchable the past few years.  

Tbh I don't think there is any has been's on AEW. Jericho is the GOAT, Matt Hardy and Christian still got it. I'm sure Punk will be rusty asf but can still wrestle. Big Show and Mark Henry are just there for commentary

8 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I haven't really watched wrestling at all since the early 2000's,before Cena because popular....  Why was he so popular? I don't get it.... The white wannabee rapper wearing jorts look?  How did that get over? 

14 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I haven't really watched wrestling at all since the early 2000's,before Cena because popular....  Why was he so popular? I don't get it.... The white wannabee rapper wearing jorts look?  How did that get over? 

Who knows? I hate that mf

• Like 1

AEW has officially signed Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. Interesting

21 hours ago, Godfather said:

Who knows? I hate that mf

He's basically a serious version of Scotty 2 Hotty 

• Haha 1

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It was sarcasm.  JFC.  We’ve been talking about it the past day or so.  

I actually didn't mean to quote you 

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2021 at 2:11 PM, iladelphxx said:

He's basically a serious version of Scotty 2 Hotty 

Scotty 2 Hotty and Grand Master Sexy were one of my favorites from that era

• Haha 1