Official WWE/AEW Thread

BDawk_ASamuel

Just now, Godfather said:

Scotty 2 Hotty and Grand Master Sexy were one of my favorites from that era

:lol:  they were awesome. the first time they convinced rikishi to dance was 🔥

Just now, mr_hunt said:

:lol:  they were awesome. the first time they convinced rikishi to dance was 🔥

When they would put the sunglasses on him and the spotlights came on, I laughed everytime. It's a shame what happened to GMS

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2021 at 3:26 AM, iladelphxx said:

I haven't really watched wrestling at all since the early 2000's,before Cena because popular....  Why was he so popular? I don't get it.... The white wannabee rapper wearing jorts look?  How did that get over? 

that was popular at the time. Ever hear of Eminem?

+ the fact that he was a physical specimen and the "Ruthless Aggression Era" provided the last glimpses of the Attitude Era which was when WWE was at its absolute peak contributed. Cena vs. Lesnar/Guerrero/Angle/Undertaker/even JBL were all phenomenal matches/storylines. 

• Haha 1

i lost respect for Jericho. why make that idiot look good?

36 minutes ago, 700Level4Life said:

i lost respect for Jericho. why make that idiot look good?

Ever watch a Nick Cage match before last night? 

7 hours ago, Godfather said:

Ever watch a Nick Cage match before last night? 

unfortunately i have. the backyard, mudshow, death match crap stinks. Hes not a wrestler. never will be. hes a bloody glorified hack.

3 hours ago, 700Level4Life said:

unfortunately i have. the backyard, mudshow, death match crap stinks. Hes not a wrestler. never will be. hes a bloody glorified hack.

Regardless if you like his style or not. Jerichos job in that match was to make him look good and look like a real match. If you wanted to see Jericho in a squash match, he would've fought Peter Avalon 

35 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

37 minutes ago, What The F said:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

😲😲😲😲😲

Huge get if AEW can snag him, I have a feeling he is done though. Harper passing hit him hard.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 9:03 AM, Godfather said:

Regardless if you like his style or not. Jerichos job in that match was to make him look good and look like a real match. If you wanted to see Jericho in a squash match, he would've fought Peter Avalon 

It's not me wanting to see Jericho in a squash match, a Broadway, a cage match or whatever against a quality or jobber type opponent. What I don't wanna see is a guy of Jericho's stature or anyone of Jericho's stature, give that idiot a rub of any kind. It's a slap in the face to actual wrestling fans. That dude doesn't deserve to be on primetime television. It makes AEW a bigger joke than what it already is. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 5:57 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hell. Back in the 80’s and part of the 90’s half the popular wrestlers were built like that.  Was it over the top?  Sure. But a heck of lot more entertaining than watching Cena and Reigns do their 4 moves over and over and over again.  

that's the rub, so to speak. Do you take more risks and let these guys push the limits in this day and age of CTE/ mental health awareness, or play it safe and go the boring route with the same four moves, so that these guys can play with their kids/walk when they eventually go to retire one day?

I didn't see the Jericho match. But it seems pretty ridiculous that at his age he's still "cutting" or allowing himself to be cut by someone else just to get a good reaction out of a match. He's always got those reactions by his wit, especially with his best physical skills long behind him. Just weird to dive into side show shock factor guy, now. 

I wonder, money-wise, what era was more profitable for Vince McMahon:  The 80's Hulk Hogan era or the Attitude Era?

21 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Is Punk coming back yet?  I'll watch again tonight if I have to.  

ended up watching a little bit last night, toward the end with that Cody Rhodes post match retirement tease promo I thought it was going to happen. Instead that weird goth facepainted guy came out and sneak attacked Rhodes. Disappointing. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 11:45 AM, Jenkins27 said:

Aew is the number 1 wrestling promotion. Bray would be a perfect  leader for a heel Dark Order. Also Adam Cole will leave after his contract is up which is after Summerslam. He's friends with Omega and the Young Bucks plus his longtime gf Baker. He's turned down multiple offers from WWE. Ruby Riot is headed to AEW as well

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2021 at 11:28 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Is Punk coming back yet?  I'll watch again tonight if I have to.  

Punk will probably show up on Ramage in Chicago on Aug 20th

• Like 1

22 hours ago, What The F said:

Bobby Eaton of the Midnight Express died. 62yo

:sad:

Just now, mr_hunt said:

a-e-dumb is  wwe lite, brah. :lol:      

#1 wresting promotion :roll:   

:nonono:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Vince has lost his mind. You know he has @mr_hunt lol

i don't care about vince. it's a tv show. he seems to fire people who haven't been on tv much lately.  pro wrestling fans who follow tv ratings are next level weird. :lol: 

battle of the tv shows! :flex:   :roll:   

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

i don't care about vince. it's a tv show. he seems to fire people who haven't been on tv much lately.  pro wrestling fans who follow tv ratings are next level weird. :lol: 

battle of the tv shows! :flex:   :roll:   

Poor booking doesn't help. Only reason I watch wwe still is for AJ Styles and the women's division :wub:

They can't even book him right

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Imagine being nerd enough that you have a beef with one wrestling promo over another?  Neither can I.  

There's no beef. I watch both. AEW is just the better product

• Haha 1

i'm too old to be watching any of it :ph34r: but i watch smackdown & nxt with my kid....and i usually have raw on in the background while doing other stuff. 

i'll sometimes have aew on in the background too. i did watch jericho against that meth-head last week since i saw his dark side of the ring ep...and i saw some this past wed. it's okay but i actually prefer the nonsense on wwe.:lol: maybe because i grew up watching it.   

• Like 1