Official WWE/AEW Thread

BDawk_ASamuel

On 2/1/2021 at 6:39 PM, Dwide Schrude said:

I was thinking AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Big E, The Miz, maybe Elias or Seth Rollins/Braun for a 2nd win. Lashley even works too. 

I still can’t believe they butchered Daniel Bryan hype train few years ago & didn’t even put him in the rumble. I swear WWE rules at shooting themselves in the foot

I tuned out around the Bryan hype, hearing that he made a comeback as a heel pretty much kept me away. Same with Roman Reigns now. Some guys just aren't made to be a heel.

To contradict myself for a second,  they really should've dove into Cena as a heel.  One of those Rock/Cena manias just get Cena to crush Rock instead, similiar to how when Austin turned heel officially at WM 17 or whenever that was, by just beating the crap out of The Rock with the chair in the main event. 

They have had success in recent history by taking big swings (Undertake dropping the streak to Lesnar). They should've taken a couple more over the last 5 years and instead just played it safe, to the extent where people like us are 99%  of the way out now. 

18 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

I tuned out around the Bryan hype, hearing that he made a comeback as a heel pretty much kept me away. Same with Roman Reigns now. Some guys just aren't made to be a heel.

To contradict myself for a second,  they really should've dove into Cena as a heel.  One of those Rock/Cena manias just get Cena to crush Rock instead, similiar to how when Austin turned heel officially at WM 17 or whenever that was, by just beating the crap out of The Rock with the chair in the main event. 

They have had success in recent history by taking big swings (Undertake dropping the streak to Lesnar). They should've taken a couple more over the last 5 years and instead just played it safe, to the extent where people like us are 99%  of the way out now. 

Bryan was incredible as a heel though? It was fun to watch.

Roman I still don’t like but he is way better as a heel too instead if the typical bland babyface. Cena had a good heel run early on. Wish they woulda turned him but during that PG era there was no chance. Similar to New Day right now, imo they were a lot more entertaining as heels. Still great as face, but now no chance they turn them because they sell so much merch. Not for a while at least.

Butch Reed, one half of Doom with Ron Simmons, passed away today at age 66. 

22 hours ago, What The F said:

Butch Reed, one half of Doom with Ron Simmons, passed away today at age 66. 

These guys are leaving left and right

On 2/5/2021 at 10:21 AM, JBENT87 said:

I might not be remembering Bryan as a heel, I barely remember WWE events back in that time. I’m also not even a big Daniel Bryan, but I recognize how big he was in WWE for mid 2010’s. The kind of energy and pop he would receive from crowds on a daily basis reminded me of guys like Stone Cold & the Rock. 

I hated undertaker dropping the streak. Think that marked end of his career & makes his WWE legacy a little less great. Whether it was his call or WWE, He deserved to retire with the undefeated streak. 

On 2/7/2021 at 5:22 AM, Dwide Schrude said:

I might not be remembering Bryan as a heel, I barely remember WWE events back in that time. I’m also not even a big Daniel Bryan, but I recognize how big he was in WWE for mid 2010’s. The kind of energy and pop he would receive from crowds on a daily basis reminded me of guys like Stone Cold & the Rock. 

I hated undertaker dropping the streak. Think that marked end of his career & makes his WWE legacy a little less great. Whether it was his call or WWE, He deserved to retire with the undefeated streak. 

Yep Bryan and the YES movement was a legit thing like youre saying and putting in the same sentence as The Rock and Austin. They deserve a lot of props for that, culminating in Bryan having to wrestle Jericho(? this could def be wrong) and HHH both at the same WM to win the title. I was referring more to when they turned him heel and had him with the vegan/organic Championship belt. I was done at that point.

See I loved Taker dropping the streak. Obviously UT is one of the best of all time, he doesn't necessarily need an undefeated streak to remind us of that. I also like to believe that UT was in favor of dropping it to Lesnar too, which is how you're supposed to go out in this business, by putting someone else over. Lesnar brought a PPV like feel to WWE for better or worse over the last 10 years (with the part time schedule being a tough part of that), but him being the sole guy to beat UT factored into that as well, IMO. UT def shouldn't have dropped it to Bray Wyatt or someone. But doing it to Lesnar officially put the target on Lesnars back as being the official "new", if I can say that re: someone whos been around since the early 2000s, big dog in WWE. Part time or not. 

AEW is such a great show. They have a partnership now with New Japan wrestling

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, What The F said:

Elimination chamber was mah. Canceled the network again. 

only $5 a month once it moves to peacock next month. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

aew is turrible & signing washed up former wwe stars isn't going to help. :lol: 

From what I've read he's taking on more of an ambassador role and commentating on a second show they're putting out. He's still signed to be an in ring competitor but my guess is it will be limited. 

Remember this?

So anyway, I got in a weird wikihole the other day.  Somehow I ended up on Dino Bravo.  Is it well known amongst fans how he died?

On March 10, 1993, Bresciano was found shot dead at the age of 44.[1] He was hit by 17 bullets in the head and torso at his Vimont, Laval, Quebec home.[10] His alleged role in illegal cigarette smuggling in Canada is popularly believed to have led to his unsolved homicide.[11] According to former opponent Bret Hart, Bresciano confided to friends shortly before his death that he knew his days were numbered.[12] He was a nephew by marriage of Montreal crime boss Vic Cotroni, and was believed by authorities to be involved in his organization for some time.[3] He is entombed at Notre Dame des Neiges Cemetery in Montreal.[13]

Bresciano's death was the subject of the sixth episode in the second season of wrestling documentary series, Dark Side of the Ring, airing on April 21, 2020.

:unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paco said:

Remember this?

So anyway, I got in a weird wikihole the other day.  Somehow I ended up on Dino Bravo.  Is it well known amongst fans how he died?

:unsure:

There was a Dark Side of the Ring episode on him last year. Very interesting! Probably is on YouTube!

• Like 1

Lashley just destroyed the Miz and won the title. Can we finally get Lashley vs Lesnar soon?

image.thumb.png.9d14753d7bedc4f3a8bc7c43bd87d3bc.png

On 2/24/2021 at 2:06 PM, mr_hunt said:

aew is turrible & signing washed up former wwe stars isn't going to help. :lol: 

This will 

image.thumb.jpeg.461a8b9fb473ce9dfe2d0e119c436a0b.jpeg

also this will too 

Edit: it’s so bad they are actively blocking it 

https://streamable.com/momat6

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like they are inducting both the 2020 and 2021 HOF during WM week this year.

2020 Inductees 

JBL - Well deserved

The British Bulldog - Long overdue. 

Jushin Thunder Liger -  But why? He was known in wcw, but what did he ever do in wwe?

The NWO  -  I mean, Hall, Nash, and Hogan are all already in as wwe performers. The NWO was WCW.  I understand why they are going in, but seems redundant. 

The Bella Twins - Do they really deserve to be in it? And so soon?

2021 Inductees

Molly Holly  - ok

Eric Bischoff - WWE HOF? eh...  Maybe in the WCW branch

Kane - 100% agree

The Great Khali - 100% wtf disagree 

more tba. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not that anyone cares, since this topic is pretty much dead, but... I am going to WM this weekend in Tampa. 😃 

• Like 4

On 4/8/2021 at 8:33 PM, What The F said:

Not that anyone cares, since this topic is pretty much dead, but... I am going to WM this weekend in Tampa. 😃 

Enjoying the first ever rain delay? 😁

7 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Enjoying the first ever rain delay? 😁

It hasn't rained here in like 4 months.  Figures.  Its go time though!

• Like 2

Just now, What The F said:

It hasn't rained here in like 4 months.  Figures.  Its go time though!

Enjoy it, brother! 

Anyone catch the multiple Dana Brooke or Carmela nip slips on tv???

• Haha 1