Official WWE/AEW Thread

BDawk_ASamuel

9 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

According to his doc, Taker is retiring.

but never say never? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

but never say never? 

Hopefully he’s actually done, but I doubt it lol.

On 6/22/2020 at 1:03 AM, Jenkins27 said:

According to his doc, Taker is retiring.

Terry Funk "retired" over 20 years ago and was still having matches 6-7 years ago. Taker isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Especially if it's for only one-two matches a year and a big payday. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Terry Funk "retired" over 20 years ago and was still having matches 6-7 years ago. Taker isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Especially if it's for only one-two matches a year and a big payday. 

Yup as soon as Vince calls with a fat check from the saudis taker will come running. 

• 1 month later...

i don't watch it but i heard aew had fans in attendance last night. something like every other seat in every other row. can anyone confirm?  

I can't believe this is still a thing.  Vince McMahon is a genius (set aside recent investments).  My dad took me to the Spectrum growing up to watch all the awesome wrestlers in the 80s.  For some reason I always loved Brutus the Barber Beefcake and Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat, but the Ultimate Warrior was a legend.  He came to my college in NC to speak about addiction, and almost nobody showed up.  It was a kind of sad, because he was obviously a shell of himself.  He was the most roided up athlete/entertainer I've ever seen in my life.  

• Like 2

On 8/5/2020 at 9:34 PM, What The F said:

I think he’s just being crazy, though the cops are investigating. He says that was the first time he killed someone, meaning he did it more than once. Also his reasoning is weird "if I told my brother he woulda killed him, so instead I killed him.”

Could a 13 yr old really kill a man AND get away with it by throwing his body into a river? Doubt it.

• Like 1

WWF Legand, Kamala has passed away at age 70. He had severe health issues and got Coronavirus. 

• Sad 2

Glad she's ok

(CNN)A South Carolina man obsessed with WWE star Sonya Deville was arrested Sunday after he drove to Florida and broke into the wrestler's home armed with a knife, plastic zip ties, duct tape and mace, authorities said.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

She would kick his arse.  And you’re not her type.   

I identify as her type that day. 

Adam Cole faced Pat McAfee today....McAfee by far the best celebrity to get in the ring. Look at this...

On 8/22/2020 at 6:28 PM, Jenkins27 said:

Adam Cole faced Pat McAfee today....McAfee by far the best celebrity to get in the ring. Look at this...

McAfee was pretty damn good last night. Especially when he took Cole's Panama Sunrise finisher. I went back and watched the match on the network earlier today and came away impressed with him. I also thought Dominik Mysterio had an impressive debut against Rollins tonight as well. 

McIntyre has been a great champion since they put the belt on him. He's done the best he could given the challenges with no crowds and he's delivered. He's now had very good matches against Brock, Rollins, Lashley, Ziggler, and Orton during his run. He deserves to be champion when they get crowds back. 

Roman Reigns also returned tonight at Summerslam taking out Bray and Strowman after their match. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Big controversy with AEW from last night's ppv.

Matt Hardy missed the air bag table on a spot early in the match and his head hit the concrete floor, clearly knockin him out.  Ref came in and gave the X signal.  A few minutes later,  the match continued, but Hardy was clearly out of it.  Couldn't stand at all and was basically dragged around.  Then the ref gave a X symbol a 2nd time to end it.  

AEW  clearly let a severely concussed Hardy continue a match.  This could be really bad for them as a company.. Very hard to watch. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was truly shocked when I read Animal had passed. He was only 60.

This was always my favorite pic of him and his son:

original_320308_IjA78X9C1b2a9hYmUAlWKbze

• Like 1