Round 1 pick #13 Eagles select Georgia DT Jordan Davis

Moderator6

I don’t like this at all. He can’t even rush the passer which is more important than being an obese ogre 

• Haha 3

People who are here saying what a bad pick this is, must say who they would have preferred 

Easy to say this guy sucks, with no alternate plan

• Like 4

I was so worried it would be a Ngata 2.0 situation with BAL taking him 1 pick ahead of us.

Glad Howie traded up. This dude is a MONSTER.

• Like 4

He’s a beast.

People forget he can still be taught in the NFL.  That size?  That speed?

You can’t teach that.

• Like 5

They've had problems with the pass rush but must think he can contain scrambling quarterbacks. If he's coachable, it's a great pick. A lot of upside here.

I’m surprised at all the hate on this pick, dude is huge and fast. Lots of raw athletic talent. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I was so worried it would be a Ngata 2.0 situation with BAL taking him 1 pick ahead of us.

Glad Howie traded up. This dude is a MONSTER.

Best part is every single play in College, they doubled Jordan Davis. Run play, pass play, 3rd and long, 4th and inches.

Wyatt is going to go top 25 because they double Jordan Davis over him. JD is a Huge reason Travon went first because they preferred to double Jordan Davis over #1 overall.

What happens to Fletcher Cox when he stops getting doubled? Or what if they still double Fletcher and don’t double Jordan? Is that wise? This will make Brandon’s twilight years more productive. This will assure Hargrave and Milton have that guy next to them long after Cox is done. This assures nobody is touching Reddick on his way to a career year.

This will make the whole defense better.

• Like 5

So this guy is a freak of nature in terms of size and athletic ability. He was the Chick Bednarik Award winner as National Defensive Player of the Year. And he’s known as a hard worker and team first player. What’s not to like?

Jordan Davis was not making it past the Ravens, he would have been perfect for them. Not that they're exactly complaining right now with Kyle Hamilton, but you know the Eagles don't draft safeties in the first round. 

I figured it was gonna be Davis or Jermaine Johnson once they moved up to 13.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Vee said:

People who are here saying what a bad pick this is, must say who they would have preferred 

Easy to say this guy sucks, with no alternate plan

I’ll say who I would have preferred: Hamilton. Dude is going to be a game changing safety. Instead we draft a DT who is so bad at rushing the QB that he gets taken off the field on third down. 

• Like 1