Round 1 pick #13 Eagles select Georgia DT Jordan Davis

Moderator6

I would have preferred Hamilton or Johnson. Hopefully Davis is the difference maker a lot think he is.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nipples said:

I’ll say who I would have preferred: Hamilton. Dude is going to be a game changing safety. Instead we draft a DT who is so bad at rushing the QB that he gets taken off the field on third down. 

He got taken off the field because he was on one of the most stacked college defenses ever. Guy was the National Defensive Player of the Year.

• Like 5

The majority of mocks I saw had us going after Jordan Davis. It shouldn't come as a surprise. This is a player they wanted. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, vaff said:

He got taken off the field because he was on one of the most stacked college defenses ever. Guy was the National Defensive Player of the Year.

It’s incredible how ignorant people are on this thread - A+ response dude

• Like 3

Not a bad 1st rd. On the fence about the Davis pick, but it’s a need. The Brown trade was excellent- getting a proven receiver who’s still young was a great decision. 
Now if we can get a decent DB and/or S next we’re all set. 

At least we won’t have to watch teams QB sneak us to death anymore.

As long as he controls the weight and doesn’t go on the Zion Williamson diet he will be good. Not sure I see great though

7 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

As long as he controls the weight and doesn’t go on the Zion Williamson diet he will be good. Not sure I see great though

He clearly has the potential to be great based on his freak of nature size and athletic ability. It’s all up to how hard he works and if he can stay healthy. But he clearly has the physical talent. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WillyDevereaux said:

How many DTs can we get on the field at one time?

Well Fletcher Cox won’t be around much longer.

Wow can't believe Howie pulled it off two years in a row. He's sure trying to make up for the JJAW and Reagor picks. 

This pick feels to me like the Eagles are more committed to multiple front defenses and transitioning to a 3-4 setup. 

For once I am verry happy with the move and the pick...our run D was **** last year plus this guy is a monster...maybe he will even be able to elevate Cox's performance on the field for one or two more years

1 hour ago, WillyDevereaux said:

Honestly when you think about it Cox and Hargrave are free agents after the season so replacement DTs are a need. 

2 hours ago, WillyDevereaux said:

5 DTs & 4 DEs because they have 1 corner, no safeties and maybe 1 LB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

This pick feels to me like the Eagles are more committed to multiple front defenses and transitioning to a 3-4 setup. 

I hope so.. In todays NFL u need elite rushers running 4-3 exclusive and nickel packages the way i see it. I miss the JJ defense or really any defense with disguised fronts, blitzes, stunts, zone drops.

So initial reaction... I like the player, I like what he can bring. I mean he's a monster. He's an athletic freak and he played on the best defense in college. So he ticks those boxes and he also seems like a good kid too.

But... They gave up picks to move up to get him. I'm not sure I love what they gave up. Sure it wasn't huge but we need picks to build this roster. 

And he's not been a pass rusher and to go and trade up to get a DT I feel your need to go and get a guy who gets to the QB.

Even if this kid is a bust I can't be mad at the pick we didn't reach and he has a ton of upside... Either he's a beast or a wasted pick... I'm fine with how the first round turned out 

8 minutes ago, NITEF4LL said:

I hope so.. In todays NFL u need elite rushers running 4-3 exclusive and nickel packages the way i see it. I miss the JJ defense or really any defense with disguised fronts, blitzes, stunts, zone drops.

Cox telling us he wasn’t happy running the 3-4 style shows they needed to upgrade the position. They got a monster in the middle. We saw how Vea completely destroyed our offensive line in the playoffs. Now we potentially have that guy. Also Reddick is basically a standup linebacker. It just feels like they want to be a defense capable of using multiple fronts. I’d like to see them get a corner and another pass rusher at least. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Cox telling us he wasn’t happy running the 3-4 style shows they needed to upgrade the position. They got a monster in the middle. We saw how Vea completely destroyed our offensive line in the playoffs. Now we potentially have that guy. Also Reddick is basically a standup linebacker. It just feels like they want to be a defense capable of using multiple fronts. I’d like to see them get a corner and another pass rusher at least. 

I agree here. They want to run multiple fronts and look I think they see potential in Davis to develop him to impact the passer. I mean let's be honest here he's an athletic freak so they should be able to develop in that aspect of his game. 

My big issue though is... Why give Cox that money and then do this! Makes no real sense to me. 

• Like 1